Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

I have to ask if anyone with intentions on flipping the Tumbler this holiday season ended up not being able to sell them (not that that's bad thing). Just curious to see how successful this flip was for the majority of you guys. There was obviously lots of hype about this selling for big money and the highest I really saw it go for on eBay was $300 (which again isn't really bad, just maybe not up to some people's expectations).  

So... a whole fleet of barges arrived? How can a set be so scarce and all of sudden flood the market?

I know it sounds rhetorical, but the question is legit. Has interest completely dried up because the flip is over? Did they amp up production. Did the Tumbler Rubber Tire Workers United go on strike and now have a new contract?

So... a whole fleet of barges arrived? How can a set be so scarce and all of sudden flood the market?

I know it sounds rhetorical, but the question is legit. Has interest completely dried up because the flip is over? Did they amp up production. Did the Tumbler Rubber Tire Workers United go on strike and now have a new contract?

I think Lego limited the production of the set in 2014, and now they the set is on full production in 2015.

• Like 1

This is typical. I don't know if anyone expected this set to stay scarce. Now that Christmas is over most sets will become easy to find again (with the exception of those that are retiring). The flipping period on this one is definitely over and it will probably stick around for at least another year. I still plan to start picking up a couple each month so when it retires I have a stockpile of them.

Your question is accurate.  I am sure Lego knows what happened and how they planned it.  It is the same as Minecraft.  It is everywhere.  Target. Barnes & Noble. Toys R Us. Meijer.  There is skids of it where I live.

This is typical. I don't know if anyone expected this set to stay scarce. Now that Christmas is over most sets will become easy to find again (with the exception of those that are retiring). The flipping period on this one is definitely over and it will probably stick around for at least another year. I still plan to start picking up a couple each month so when it retires I have a stockpile of them.

There were some...... Some were even throwing around 'EOL'

I have to ask if anyone with intentions on flipping the Tumbler this holiday season ended up not being able to sell them (not that that's bad thing). Just curious to see how successful this flip was for the majority of you guys. There was obviously lots of hype about this selling for big money and the highest I really saw it go for on eBay was $300 (which again isn't really bad, just maybe not up to some people's expectations).  

I had 3 total this holiday season, managed to flip 2 for just under $400 CAD. Local stores started getting a ton of stock though and i couldn't flip the third for the price i wanted, but that's ok because i built it for myself :D

I know we can say this is to be expected.  But today is January 2nd.

Really?

Barge Loads of it available (I agree).

It is everywhere.

I can put 99 of it in my cart at Target.

Lego made it so scarce in early December that everyone profited off of the mass shortage of Minecraft in December and of the Tumbler as well (more Minecraft for me).

Then all of the sudden  I can pick up skid loads of Minecraft by the $100k everywhere and order infinite amounts of the Tumbler and it is ready.

I do not believe production just ramped up and magically hit stores on January 1st.

It had to be a timed thing and prepping to roll out everywhere.

But in the interim they could not have taken a percentage of this and diverted it to the online stores to fulfill orders?

I am glad from my perspective but I think this could have more to do with hype and intentionally limiting supply to make it popular for Christmas just like the BatBot.

If you cannot have it you want it.  If you can have it you do not want it so much.

It is a theory.

To say production perfectly hit on January 1st in stores in mass waves unlike anything they could possibly have produced in November and December I do not buy.

If the intention was to hype it up increase demand have everyone trying to get it for Christmas and then flooding the market shortly after they succeeded.

• Like 3

There were some...... Some were even throwing around 'EOL'

True. I always think it is funny how when a set sells out at Christmas everyone starts throwing around the rumor of it being retired. This set hasn't been out long enough to be retired. Then again what do I know. I only have 2 TH and 0 HE because I wasn't prepared for those.

Aren't there strikes out west at some of the ports where these come in at? Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe these were all supposed to make it in time for Christmas demand but because of the strikes and such they were late. Just a thought.

That topic did come up but I am not sure if it was actual strikes or threats of them coming but getting through the ports could be an actual first legitimate reason I have heard beyond the self speculated not sure believed hype it up and don't let many be able to get it so it is popular theory.