1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

17 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

More like 30-40% I'd have said

Not on BL and struggling to be consistently there on Ebay EU as a lot of best offer accepted are for less than sticker price. The positive thing is it is now the best selling 2015 retired exclusive.

They are selling for 20% over rrp but given that most sales are done using ebay and PayPal the margins are pretry thin in the UK. Plenty of people just happy to dump them for rrp.

I think it's staying low here because it was quite easily available post retirement thanks to smyths toys and lots of wide eyed new prospectors grabbing it hoping for a 50% quick flip. Those people want out already because it's not rocketing up in price. 

27 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

of most of exclusives this one is the most riskiest simply because it just has 2 mini figures and they are in specific bags.

there are swines out there who swipe those mini figures and leave you with just the tumblers :(

Out for less than 2 years. I would say supply is limited regardless of how many hoarders are out there.
As for the 2 minifigures, the same can be said for many sets. How about an SSD having their minifigures swiped, I'm sure those SSD owners would be sad that they are left with one long grey colored rock on display.

To be honest, I can care less about the batman minifigure in this set. There are better looking batman minifigs out there. Imagine Arctic Batman sitting in the tumbler.

9 minutes ago, ChristopherJB said:

Out for less than 2 years. I would say supply is limited regardless of how many hoarders are out there.
As for the 2 minifigures, the same can be said for many sets. How about an SSD having their minifigures swiped, I'm sure those SSD owners would be sad that they are left with one long grey colored rock on display.

To be honest, I can care less about the batman minifigure in this set. There are better looking batman minifigs out there. Imagine Arctic Batman sitting in the tumbler.

if SSD was available today most likely we would have seen the same problem of darth vader being swiped. ... different point in time different problem.

1 hour ago, CoastaLego said:

The amazon price for this is already 325 and it's been unavailable for 2 months maybe. Red5 is less expensive on amazon and unavailable for a lot longer.   

That's what I've noticed too. It's really interesting to me that the set hasn't seen the same inflation (relative to RRP) in Europe.

That's what I've noticed too. It's really interesting to me that the set hasn't seen the same inflation (relative to RRP) in Europe.

Since retirement this set has unfortunately still been available from month to month in one of the UK's biggest toy shops, until their supply stops and the sets stop appearing on eBay for £20 above RRP we are going to see the increase you guys are seeing!

I honestly doubt that Tumbler will ever reach the same heights outside the USA- remember that it was only available in one UK (and EIRE) based shop after EOL, whereas in the US, it was in practically all of them for weeks. Super Heroes consistently do better there than here whereas Star Wars is a safer investment here.

11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I honestly doubt that Tumbler will ever reach the same heights outside the USA- remember that it was only available in one UK (and EIRE) based shop after EOL, whereas in the US, it was in practically all of them for weeks. Super Heroes consistently do better there than here whereas Star Wars is a safer investment here.

I agree Star Wars is definitely a safer bet in Europe, and I'd never expect The Tumbler to reach the dizzy heights of a set such as the SSD but I'd at least expect/hope to see it eventually hit double RRP in a years time?!

• Like 1

The going price for a MISB Tumbler on the Dutch Marktplaats site is currently around €300 - €320, but it depends a lot on whether a potential buyer lives near to the seller and wants to pick it up in person. That's about 35% - 45% increase from the Dutch RRP of €220.

Just a quick update, much to my own self loathing I caved a purchased another Tumbler from Smyths which got delivered today.  Regards it being a return, I'm not so sure, yes the box had minor shelf wear as the seals were 21S5, but they were mint and untouched. Now just to find a place to stored the thing for another year before I can see any return !! 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

This is selling for €300 already on a local adverts site here with buyer collecting. Surprised since it was available in Smyths for so long. Fees are negligible, so the €300 is the equivalent of getting about €350 on ebay.

Meanwhile on Ebay 250 is the going rate, 225 after comms, which is a super profit for a 200 euro exclusive set out for 1 year and a half.

Edited by Val-E