Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Finally got my first Tumbler in the mail!  Picked it up on Amazon earlier this week.  Very impressive looking set...I was surprised how huge the box is.  Seems like a great build.

I am new to this whole Lego Collecting thing...what does 01R6 on the tape mean?

Just Kidding...its 40R5 :lolu:

Edited by uaford
  • Like 2

Hello,

First post. Got the tumbler from Amazon. However, the seals on one side of the box are loose and I can't even read the seal codes. The box itself is in poor condition.

What should I do? Return it, ask for a discount? How do I know all the pieces are there?

thanks in advance for any advice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Derricku said:

Hello,

First post. Got the tumbler from Amazon. However, the seals on one side of the box are loose and I can't even read the seal codes. The box itself is in poor condition.

What should I do? Return it, ask for a discount? How do I know all the pieces are there?

Hello and welcome to the site. The only way you can be sure everything is there is to open it and verify. There are mixed feelings among members here regarding box condition. It is a peraonal preference really. I personally feel.that if I am spending my hard earned money that I should receive a non damaged box. Others don't think its a big deal because the actual pieces aren't damaged.

Hello,

Open box up and very contents. You deserve a minty box so chat with Amazon for a discount. If it's complete don't return it. It may be your last crack at a tumbler.

2 hours ago, Derricku said:

Hello,

You can return it but I'm not sure that you'll get an other one. Risky game.

My advice is to open it and check bags, minfigs, stickers, instructions.

If something is missing, obvisouly return it.

If it's complete, you'll be able to write on ebay (if/when you'll sell it) "The box is in poor condition but nothing is missing, see its content on the picture". Better than not having this set in your collection / as an investment.

Note that it also depends how much you paid for it (if it's a high price, maybe it'll be wiser to return it and buy one on ebay/etc.)

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

This one came back up for sale today at one of the retailers in the UK today (if anyone got one interested to know the seal codes @botchy123) .

This seems to be the one set that every new investor is buying as their money maker.  I just don't think that the majority of people have the patience/discipline to not sell out within a year when the price doesn't double (happy to be proved wrong).

I think this set will do well long term but it will be the re-sellers who buy in the fire sales that happen when people lose interest who will make the money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tjj1984 said:

I guess I should sign up for text alerts.

You should! 

Either text or email alert for any set that you would like to get at retail. You might need to F5 a lot but the opportunities have certainly been there. The BP tools are there for you, now use them. 

18 hours ago, Lego_Yoda said:

This one came back up for sale today at one of the retailers in the UK today (if anyone got one interested to know the seal codes @botchy123) .

This seems to be the one set that every new investor is buying as their money maker.  I just don't think that the majority of people have the patience/discipline to not sell out within a year when the price doesn't double (happy to be proved wrong).

I think this set will do well long term but it will be the re-sellers who buy in the fire sales that happen when people lose interest who will make the money.

I never take any notice, but plan to pick up some on Friday and i'll pass them on.

On 2/25/2016 at 8:07 AM, cladner said:

for all the leak-taking on it, GE's are selling within hours of listing on amazon at prices over 2x MSRP  16 months out from EOL.

if that's "less less gain",  i'll take it. 

The Tumbler is going to do very well next year when the 10 year anniversary of Ledger's passing and Dark Knight release whips up some Millennial teenage nostalgia.  selling it now is good if you have to pay off your credit cards and get a free dinner a Chili's.  it will be painful to read "What Set Did you sell today" thread next year and in the future though...

I have 7 tumblers...plan on keeping them for 5 years...hope for the best. 

8 hours ago, grabbitfast said:

did they have many in Manchester lego shop.

Just the one on the shelf. I thought it was a one off, but judging by the posts here you could see if they have anymore. I meant the Trafford Centre btw.

7 hours ago, darkhorseoflego said:

How come it was £152?

It was £160 RRP but for some reason they said they couldn't add points onto my VIP card but would knock 5% off the price instead.