387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, crimson773 said:

Got a Tumbler that has been sitting in storage for the past two months or so. I noticed that the adhesive from of the seals dried up and released from the box. I haven't even opened the box to look inside. How will this affect the resale value of the set?

I asked a similar question about seal pops in general.  Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot you can do.  I was told no matter what I did, never try to repair.  It will be viewed as being tampered with.  The good thing is that the hit will be marginal on the desirable sets like the Tumbler.  

Don't touch up the seals.  If you can get inside the box now, go ahead and open it up, verify all the bags and parts of there, and photograph it.  In my own experience, I've been able to sell that same kind of set for the same price as a "sealed" on because it's been verified.  Worst case scenario, you might be down $5 because you price it a little more aggressively because it's "new but opened."

On 3/3/2016 at 6:22 PM, macpro76 said:

I got an alert from walmart for Tumblers.  Jumped on it right away.  got 5.  

I must be doing something wrong. I signed up for text alerts, but each time I've gotten one over the past week, they're gone by the time I click the link.

• Like 1

I must be doing something wrong. I signed up for text alerts, but each time I've gotten one over the past week, they're gone by the time I click the link.

Same

Doesn't necessarily mean you are doing anything wrong

Could just be gone by the time you get to it. Not like the text alerts are sent and received simultaneously.

22 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

Doesn't necessarily mean you are doing anything wrong

Could just be gone by the time you get to it. Not like the text alerts are sent and received simultaneously.

Well, you're right, I guess I don't know the alert system works exactly, but it seems like there wouldn't be much of a delay between when the notifications are sent and received by different users. If there is, could I please request to be closer to the top of that list? Kthx

One thing I did discover while pondering this today is that none of my text times correspond to any of the stock history from NowInStock.net. Again, I don't know much of anything about how either of these systems are updating themselves (although it appears to be every 21 minutes in this case). 

Well, you're right, I guess I don't know the alert system works exactly, but it seems like there wouldn't be much of a delay between when the notifications are sent and received by different users. If there is, could I please request to be closer to the top of that list? Kthx

One thing I did discover while pondering this today is that none of my text times correspond to any of the stock history from NowInStock.net. Again, I don't know much of anything about how either of these systems are updating themselves (although it appears to be every 21 minutes in this case). 

That's gotta be a record of amount of alerts. Good grief...

13 hours ago, tjj1984 said:

I think what ichiroll meant is that even if you were the very first user to be notified from the tracker, it doesn't mean it gets to your texting provider first or that they redirect it to you immediately or that there isn't a delay in the transmission somewhere else along the way. Technology is great, but SMS/texts were designed to be fast and convenient, not with a delivery guarantee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gregpj said:

I think what ichiroll meant is that even if you were the very first user to be notified from the tracker, it doesn't mean it gets to your texting provider first or that they redirect it to you immediately or that there isn't a delay in the transmission somewhere else along the way. Technology is great, but SMS/texts were designed to be fast and convenient, not with a delivery guarantee.

Actually, SMS/txt was not designed to be anything :) When they built the GSM standard, they realized they had some spare capacity in the packets they were sending that was unused, so they devised a way to stick in up to 140 characters of text as a fun and free feature. Only later did carriers start treating this as a paid function, but their cost is literally zero. In Europe texting was always free from the beginning, as it didn't add any overhead to the network. At least so I've been told.

6 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Actually, SMS/txt was not designed to be anything :) When they built the GSM standard, they realized they had some spare capacity in the packets they were sending that was unused, so they devised a way to stick in up to 140 characters of text as a fun and free feature. Only later did carriers start treating this as a paid function, but their cost is literally zero. In Europe texting was always free from the beginning, as it didn't add any overhead to the network. At least so I've been told.

Sorry, I meant fast as "fast to do".. and convenient as "simple." :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gregpj said:

That's a decent point, but I text frequenly, and delay of receipt is never an issue. Out of curiosity, I will subscribe to both email and SMS notification to compare the time stamps. 

1 minute ago, Deanfjr said:

what build? its a hack or it has been cannibalized already for all the worthwhile parts.

no minifigure; no tires. 

listing is full of air ;) so tumbler can also float :D