387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Meanwhile on Ebay 250 is the going rate, 225 after comms, which is a super profit for a 200 euro exclusive set out for 1 year and a half.

I'd say average sale price on ebay at the moment is more like €280 than €250. I thought they were mad putting this up for over €300 on the local site, but they got it. Of course as soon as it happened others started posting their sets.

Yeah but who's selling now? First time investors who got in over their head or people who have lost faith in this set?

Who knows but bad timing on retirement, and continued availability of this set has stunted its growth.  Give it a year and it should have caught up.

edit;

also those of us who got them at £130, then it would make it a pretty good return ( for the time frame) , although that certainly can't account for all the listings.

Edited by TheGallows

19 minutes ago, TheGallows said:

Yeah but who's selling now? First time investors who got in over their head or people who have lost faith in this set?

There's another option, people who had great buy ins. That example I gave of the €300 on the local site was probably an outlier result, but if it is achievable then I'd be making a +90% return for an average 5 month hold, not to be sniffed at.

I'm not going to do that, because despite the over hoarding, to me, this is a great icon set which won't be remade and is a long term hold.

Edited by Sprocket77
Missing a word
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

There's another option, people who had great buy ins. That example I gave of the €300 on the local site was probably an outlier result, but if it is achievable then I'd be making a +90% return for an average 5 month, not to be sniffed at.

I'm not going to do that, because despite the over hoarding, to me, this is a great icon set which won't be remade and is a long term hold.

Yeah I had that as an after thought and added it as a footnote.

I have pretty much the same option of this set.

Edited by TheGallows

It´s now 5 months since it eol´d and that is enough time to see a pattern develop. My view is that there is still plentiful stock on the market and that we won´t see any substantial gains till the end of 2017 at the earliest. It´s not Fire Brigade but it´s no Arctic Plane either. The sheer number of reselllers with listing is scary.

Due to a collar bone fracture (bike crash a week ago) I have had some time to watch movies. I watched The Dark Knight and once again I felt this movie is special. Fantastic actors, Heath was amazing, and when the Tumbler kicked in my smile became even bigger.

Despite the set is massively hoarded I feel blessed with my 5 sets. Long term wait. And till that time, I will definitely watch The Dark Knight again; "let's put a smile on that face" :derisive:

As surgery will take place next Thursday I have some Marvel movies scheduled to watch during the recovery period. That might be the stairway to my first S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brenner said:

Due to a collar bone fracture (bike crash a week ago) I have had some time to watch movies. I watched The Dark Knight and once again I felt this movie is special. Fantastic actors, Heath was amazing, and when the Tumbler kicked in my smile became even bigger.

Despite the set is massively hoarded I feel blessed with my 5 sets. Long term wait. And till that time, I will definitely watch The Dark Knight again; "let's put a smile on that face" :derisive:

As surgery will take place next Thursday I have some Marvel movies scheduled to watch during the recovery period. That might be the stairway to my first S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.

Bless

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brenner said:

Beterschap!

• Like 1

Veel beterschap! While you're at it, watch Daredevil! , the series of course!

The tumbler, it sporadically goes in and out of stock at Target. I saw it went in stock last wednesday, by the time I went to check out it was already sold. Why is target getting a trickle of these? I see most are being flipped on Ebay for 50% profit. Sad, I just want one for my desk! :) any tips?

• 3 weeks later...

It's very unique and I would almost guarantee it will never be redone in this scale.  It had a very short shelf life compared to most other exclusives but it was readily available at the end when everyone knew it was retiring soon.  There is a lot of stock on the secondary market which could mean slow growth for a while.  It all depends on what your expected hold time is and how much profit you would need to consider it a successful investment.

On 5/26/2016 at 8:58 PM, Bat man said:

The tumbler, it sporadically goes in and out of stock at Target. I saw it went in stock last wednesday, by the time I went to check out it was already sold. Why is target getting a trickle of these? I see most are being flipped on Ebay for 50% profit. Sad, I just want one for my desk! :) any tips?

Buy a used copy on kijiji for close to retail price ;) 

52 minutes ago, Bat man said:

I managed to get 3 of them. I know immediate demand puts them at $300. But what's the long term prospects on this? It looks like Target may have finally ran out of supply.

It all depends on how many AFOL Batman die-hards are out there. I think if it shows back up in one of the Batman movies down the road it might do very well.

I don't have one. I had a chance to buy one at the Lego store in December but passed at RRP. I have no plans to buy one on the secondary market new or used even though I am a fan of Batman. If they made a large scale version of the TV show batmobile I would be all over that one.

You are probably going to want to hold for a few years to make it worth your while.

1 minute ago, wolvergeek said:

It all depends on how many AFOL Batman die-hards are out there. I think if it shows back up in one of the Batman movies down the road it might do very well.

I don't have one. I had a chance to buy one at the Lego store in December but passed at RRP. I have no plans to buy one on the secondary market new or used even though I am a fan of Batman. If they made a large scale version of the TV show batmobile I would be all over that one.

You are probably going to want to hold for a few years to make it worth your while.

I am not really a batman fan, but I love the Tumbler on my display shelf.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...