Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

On the Dutch Marktplaats (CL-like) the NISB/MISB offers with a fixed price are all > €300. One offer with a bidding-mechanism is at €285 now.

Interestingly and for comparison, for the 10240 Red Five X-Wing there are a few lists offering it NISB at a fixed price just below €300. 

The Tumbler onle retired 6 months ago in Europe. It was even announced to retire soon. So only if you were to be living under a rock you would not been aware.

In the UK it was still obtainable 3 months after retirement. 

So >300 euro now is not bad at all. Just wait another year and it will be a winner.

52 minutes ago, TheDarkness said:

I predicted a short shelf life for this set and didn't back myself enough with it :(
Keeping a close eye on the retro batcave

It's a good idea to keep a watch on the set.  Like the Tumbler,  I don't think the retro Batcave will survive more than 2 years.  I just hope it doesn't turn into another Arkham Asylum Breakout instead of Tumbler-like performance,  Only diff is the AAB was available at nice discounts unlike the Batcave will be.

• Like 1

Just now, jaisonline said:

It's a good idea to keep a watch on the set.  Like the Tumbler,  I don't think the retro Batcave will survive more than 2 years.  I just hope it doesn't turn into another Arkham Asylum Breakout instead of Tumbler-like performance,  Only diff is the AAB was available at nice discounts unlike the Batcave will be.

And that is exactly my thought too. Not going to break the bank on the Batcave but put a few aside for a rainy day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ciglione said:

The Tumbler onle retired 6 months ago in Europe. It was even announced to retire soon so everyone bought multiple copies. So only if you were to be living under a rock you would not have bought multiple copies.

So >300 euro now is not bad at all. Just wait ten years and it will be a winner, if it has not been remade first.

Fixed.

4 hours ago, Ciglione said:

The Tumbler onle retired 6 months ago in Europe. It was even announced to retire soon. So only if you were to be living under a rock you would not been aware.

So >300 euro now is not bad at all. Just wait another year and it will be a winner.

Doing very well in the USA on Amazon as well. Hard to believe it has only been gone for 6 months. Always has a very good sales rank. No doubt we will blow through quick flipper stock this christmas (or earlier) and then the fun begins.

The only concern I would have with this set is a remake 8-10 years down the track. After the retro batcave we should see at least another UCS batmobile (60s or regular or both), a modern batcave, another Asylum but then another Tumbler would have to be on the shortlist. The good news is at least they are not going to 75159 this set so that leaves plenty of time for growth and mammoth profit taking.

10 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

You're worried about a remake in 8-10 years? Goodness gracious, you must be a long-term investor. I don't have that much patience.

Lazy more than patient. Coupon hunting, giftcard inception, social engineering, constant buying and selling - I'll leave that to you young folk :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asharerin said:

Doing very well in the USA on Amazon as well. Hard to believe it has only been gone for 6 months. Always has a very good sales rank. No doubt we will blow through quick flipper stock this christmas (or earlier) and then the fun begins.

The only concern I would have with this set is a remake 8-10 years down the track. After the retro batcave we should see at least another UCS batmobile (60s or regular or both), a modern batcave, another Asylum but then another Tumbler would have to be on the shortlist. The good news is at least they are not going to 75159 this set so that leaves plenty of time for growth and mammoth profit taking.

By that time, there will be another 8 versions of the Tumbler or Bat Mobile.  This particular one is safe in my opinion.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jaisonline said:

The retro Bat Cave is $270 and, in France, it's one of the slowest selling sets according to the people at the local Lego B&M. I just don't see the demand for it here... though if I can justify one for myself down the line, I probably will for the minifigs alone. They're pretty sweet. The set is sorta ugh. Nicer looking in person, sure, but still without the wow effect of something like EV (which I think for the price point/minifig and everything else is a good comparison). 

The retro Bat Cave is $270 and, in France, it's one of the slowest selling sets according to the people at the local Lego B&M. I just don't see the demand for it here... though if I can justify one for myself down the line, I probably will for the minifigs alone. They're pretty sweet. The set is sorta ugh. Nicer looking in person, sure, but still without the wow effect of something like EV (which I think for the price point/minifig and everything else is a good comparison). 

Since the Canadians invaded France and introduced their language, I can understand why the coolness factor is lost in translation over there.

1 hour ago, lukiepete said:

Speaking of slow selling, you have to wonder why The Tumbler lasted only two years when other major exclusives last longer than that.  Slow seller?  Too costly?  With the current market conditions, The Tumbler will be the IT set that everyone wish they had more of.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Since the Canadians invaded France and introduced their language, I can understand why the coolness factor is lost in translation over there.

I read this statement five times and not sure what you're getting at. Joke gone awry?

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

The Tumbler will be the IT set that everyone wish they had more of.

Something I'm definitely feeling on this one.

I know when this one went EOL it was THE set that everyone seemed to be buying (the number of posts from new UK members on this was quite an eye opener).  
I've seen a fair few come up on eBay at £200 (even in the last month).  All i can assume is that people bought these without doing any research and got board when it didn't immediately net them 100% profit.... well they're listing it on ebay and trying to get out flat after postage/fees.

I got spooked by the number of people stocking up on this around EOL and I'm kicking myself now for deciding not to get a couple of spares.  Looking at the personal copy its just an EPIC set.  
Of all the 2015 (inc early 2016) retirees I think this set has the most potential.  All you need to do is go back through the early pages of this thread and read what peoples first impressions were.  This one is certainly one to watch going forward to give some idea on the state of the secondary mkt but at the moment boy do I wish I had more.

IMO one of the sets that even anti-AFOLS would own and appreciate whilst claiming it as the "exception" to the rule that Lego is for kids only.

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

Speaking of slow selling, you have to wonder why The Tumbler lasted only two years when other major exclusives last longer than that.  Slow seller?  Too costly?  With the current market conditions, The Tumbler will be the IT set that everyone wish they had more of.

Seems the made a fair few in those 16 months, though. Certainly more than the Sea Cow and many are in hands of resellers so it is going to be some time before it gains rarity value.

9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Seems the made a fair few in those 16 months, though. Certainly more than the Sea Cow and many are in hands of resellers so it is going to be some time before it gains rarity value.

Yeah... but it is selling in much higher quantities than your beloved Sea Cow. So demand is there for sure.

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Honestly, how do you know how many they made?  The Tumbler is no Sea Cow.

6 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Honestly, how do you know how many they made?  The Tumbler is no Sea Cow.

We know that it took over a month to sell out at SAH from when they put the retiring soon tag on it. Knowing that was like waving a red flag in front of a bull, it would seem they had quite a lot of stock to get rid of.

Demand for the Tumbler is much higher than Sea Cow but there are still lots and lots out there so supply is more than meeting demand, which is what is pegging back prices and willl do for some time to come.

Edited by Val-E

6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

We know that it took over a month to sell out at SAH from when they put the retiring soon tag on it. Knowing that was like waving a red flag in front of a bull, it would seem they had quite a lot of stock to get rid of.

Demand for the Tumbler is much higher than Sea Cow but there are still lots and lots out there so supply is more than meeting demand, which is what is pegging back prices and willl do for some time to come.

Maybe interest was not that high or the horde was gun shy after too many false alarms.  I think the set is awesome and special, many others might not have thought so.  There is something to be said for the shorter production run.  

1 minute ago, waddamon said:

Well I have 30 and I think in 2 or 3 years we might be tapping on 1000.00.  Batman is forever and the movies were stellar.

Over in Europe it is still losing the battle against Red 5 and that one should get further boosts from Rogue 1 and Ep8.

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Over in Europe it is still losing the battle against Red 5 and that one should get further boosts from Rogue 1 and Ep8.

I was thinking about this comparison too.  Even though its losing the battle I fully think it wins the war long term.  SW might have more fans and R5 will do well too but once the flippers/inpatients are out of their tumbler stash I reckon this one shies.

Whilst not having the blockbusters to prop it up Batman will always be in the limelight.  And it wouldn't surprise me if the tumbler (along with every other bat-mobile) makes an appearance in the Lego batman film.

Adults will take there kids to see the film and I'm sure a few will then stumble onto the tumbler and rightly see it as a must have set. 

• Like 1