1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

One apparently sold on ebay UK for £399.95 on 11 November.

That's some £130 more than the next best price.

Wow, I'd accept RRP for mine but nobody I know is interested. I doubt that's a completed sale for £399.95 even if it shows green. Did you click on the listing to see that actual offer price?

14 minutes ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

One apparently sold on ebay UK for £399.95 on 11 November.

That's some £130 more than the next best price.

When a sold price looks too good to be true on ebay, you need to click on the actual auction as usually the seller has multiple quantities of the item. Once the seller sells one item an automatic algorithm adjusts the prices to something ridiculous, so it looks like it sold for something ridiculous however this is only the new price the seller is selling at now and not the true sold price.

• Like 1

By the way, if anyone has a Grand Emporium (new in box)) (In the UK) they'd like to swap for a Tumbler of mine (New in sealed box) plus me giving you £20-£30 that would be nice just for a personal build when I get my modular street going eventually. Saves the hassle of selling a Tumbler and buying through the tinternet etc and paying a bit more. Sorry mods, let me off with this one as I am a regular poster? .... :) Or let me know if you may be interested in other things for swaps.

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

By the way, if anyone has a Grand Emporium (new in box)) (In the UK) they'd like to swap for a Tumbler of mine (New in sealed box) plus me giving you £20-£30 that would be nice just for a personal build when I get my modular street going eventually. Saves the hassle of selling a Tumbler and buying through the tinternet etc and paying a bit more. Sorry mods, let me off with this one as I am a regular poster? .... :) Or let me know if you may be interested in other things for swaps.

If only you posted this last month as I sold my last GE for just £150 cash as one of the seals came loose. However, I wouldn't have wanted the Tumbler as it's hard to shift for a profit. I listed my Tumbler for RRP about 2 months back with a free Riddler Chase set and it didn't sell even though I had 88 watchers!

So there's 2 surprising turkeys, the Tumbler and Red 5 X-Wing ;-(

26 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

If only you posted this last month as I sold my last GE for just £150 cash as one of the seals came loose. However, I wouldn't have wanted the Tumbler as it's hard to shift for a profit. I listed my Tumbler for RRP about 2 months back with a free Riddler Chase set and it didn't sell even though I had 88 watchers!

No worries pal, just keep me in mind if you ever come across a deal with a GE involved and think you can help me out in anyway with the extra cash your way, or anyone else. I'm not desperate to start my Modular street but I''d just like to have the likes of The GE in place in-case they go up in price any more in future. If I have to pay a bit extra it isn't too much of a ball-ache if it comes to it, but if I can exchange one of my 11 Tumblers plus cash it's better for the overall balance :) 

41 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

And, by the way, I reckon the Tumbler may almost peak when the Batman movie comes out. An obvious thing to say maybe, but a fair few people will get rid of them this Christmas and then when the rage is out for the film there will be fewer new boxed ones around. It's only a time until the Tumbler does great things. I'm nailing my colours to the mast.

Edited by BarryZola
Sorry for the double post.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Mhd747 said:

When a sold price looks too good to be true on ebay, you need to click on the actual auction as usually the seller has multiple quantities of the item. Once the seller sells one item an automatic algorithm adjusts the prices to something ridiculous, so it looks like it sold for something ridiculous however this is only the new price the seller is selling at now and not the true sold price.

According to the listing a user with 344 feedback did indeed pay that price on the 11th.

• 3 weeks later...

Down to 92 sellers when I do a simple search on Ebay UK for 'Lego 76023', and that includes all the listings for minifigs etc separate (not that low I know). I don't do these things scientifically but I think that's come down a bit in the last few weeks or so (someone may be able to prove/disprove that). I keep an eye on this one as I'm one of those horrible folk who looked into buying Lego for an investment around a year ago and this was one of the HOT sets at the time. Obviously, the set hasn't gained in value as much as many (including myself) hoped would happen at this point. I'm still confident that it will come good given time. Maybe some of those 'new' Lego speculators have now sold out early on this set as they are impatient or needed the money (Xmas funds for some), unhappy that it wasn't instant gold. Does anyone have the feeling that it could experience a decent rise in the next 6 months with the added interest of not only another Lego movie, but a Batman one at that? Not that I would sell these until they're making really good money anyway, as I believe in it so much (said with my relative naivety), even though it just happened to be THAT ONE when I first looked around this game. It's surely too good a set to not come good one day?

5 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

Down to 92 sellers when I do a simple search on Ebay UK for 'Lego 76023', and that includes all the listings for minifigs etc separate (not that low I know). I don't do these things scientifically but I think that's come down a bit in the last few weeks or so (someone may be able to prove/disprove that). I keep an eye on this one as I'm one of those horrible folk who looked into buying Lego for an investment around a year ago and this was one of the HOT sets at the time. Obviously, the set hasn't gained in value as much as many (including myself) hoped would happen at this point. I'm still confident that it will come good given time. Maybe some of those 'new' Lego speculators have now sold out early on this set as they are impatient or needed the money (Xmas funds for some), unhappy that it wasn't instant gold. Does anyone have the feeling that it could experience a decent rise in the next 6 months with the added interest of not only another Lego movie, but a Batman one at that? Not that I would sell these until they're making really good money anyway, as I believe in it so much (said with my relative naivety), even though it just happened to be THAT ONE when I first looked around this game. It's surely too good a set to not come good one day?

Forget it.

It ain't 5004590 Bat-Pod. That is a scarce set. And the price reflects that accordingly.

I believe the Tumbler amongst many bad performers received a bad reputation. Some call it a turd. Do not get me wrong. It is a wonderful set. But it will take at least two years before it can make investors happy. 

1 minute ago, Ciglione said:

Forget it.

It ain't 5004590 Bat-Pod. That is a scarce set. And the price reflects that accordingly.

I believe the Tumbler amongst many bad performers received a bad reputation. Some call it a turd. Do not get me wrong. It is a wonderful set. But it will take at least two years before it can make investors happy. 

Well, if it does take another couple of years to do good things then mine will be sitting quite comfortably in storage for the time-being anyway. With all of the retirements at the end of this year I'll have my hands full looking at those next year which will make me too busy to bother with the Tumbler too much. I'll still pop up occasionally bothering you all with the same type of questions about the set though ;)

1 minute ago, BarryZola said:

Well, if it does take another couple of years to do good things then mine will be sitting quite comfortably in storage for the time-being anyway. With all of the retirements at the end of this year I'll have my hands full looking at those next year which will make me too busy to bother with the Tumbler too much. I'll still pop up occasionally bothering you all with the same type of questions about the set though ;)

You do not bother us. You asked a question and received answers. I have two Tumblers as well. So I would be really happy if this set would launch. Rather yesterday than today! But you have to be realistic. We are not alone. Many have a few copies stashed away. And many do not have the patience we have. So it will take a while before it will see significant growth. What is really important is that the sets that do get sold now are opened. If they stay in circulation as MISB it will become very problematic.

• Like 2

I think it would be a mistake to sell this set before 2018 when we hit 10 year anniversary of Heath Ledger's death and The Dark Knights release and Millennials get their first taste of nostalgia and feeling old and indulge in 76023.  not surprising that this set hasn't done well given the heavily broadcast retirement at time when brickpicker was probably adding 400-500 new members a week.  it's probably going to take another year of stock declines before this set can even hold its value through a holiday season.  Summer 2018 - keep your fingers crossed.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cladner said:

I think it would be a mistake to sell this set before 2018 when we hit 10 year anniversary of Heath Ledger's death and The Dark Knights release and Millennials get their first taste of nostalgia and feeling old and indulge in 76023.  not surprising that this set hasn't done well given the heavily broadcast retirement at time when brickpicker was probably adding 400-500 new members a week.  it's probably going to take another year of stock declines before this set can even hold its value through a holiday season.  Summer 2018 - keep your fingers crossed.

I dumped all of mine this year for a small profit (~30%).  They will certainly go up more in the future, but I would have lost money by keeping the capital tied up waiting for that happen.  Better to keep that money growing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Val-E said:

So long as you stocked up on SOH, you´ll be fine.

SOH or #10234 might be a seller @ other part of the world but i have serious doubt that it would be a hit in US.

but if it hits over $450+ within 30-60 days of retirement in US then i will admit that i have been incorrect in my assessment.

47 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

SOH or #10234 might be a seller @ other part of the world but i have serious doubt that it would be a hit in US.

but if it hits over $450+ within 30-60 days of retirement in US then i will admit that i have been incorrect in my assessment.

You will be incorrect in your assessment soon. 30 days and counting. The SOH is an iconic landmark, not some brown pirate ship out of a movie or some droid that is made of bricks and can't make noise. The SOH will outperform any movie wannabe sets like the Ewok Village or Sandcrawler.

• Like 1

SOH is already at ~$430 shipped on eBay.  I find that surprisingly high, but it's still only something like a $45 profit after fees and shipping if you bought at $310 without tax (was possible for some on Amazon recently I think).  I'm already up $100 each on my $175 Ewok Villages, which take up less space, and about $65 on my $93 Mixers.  Mixer I think is not a long term winner (reminds me too much of Winter Village Market, or Winter Village Turd as Val-E would say), so I may dump mine shortly.  I have zero SOH.  I'll be interested to see if it actually goes anywhere.  It was priced quite high at MSRP for a Creator set.

Profits should be calculated based on MSRP, not discount. If you start slapping on discounts, I got the SOH for $50 using my VIP points.

The SOH has yet to flex its muscles. I got more EVs (at under 175USD a piece, was $210CAD 2-3 weeks ago on TRU.ca) than SOHs. It would be nice for EVs to continue to climb. But to be honest, I can't see the EV balloon up like the SOH in the long run.

5 hours ago, GhostDad said:

SOH is already at ~$430 shipped on eBay.  I find that surprisingly high, but it's still only something like a $45 profit after fees and shipping if you bought at $310 without tax (was possible for some on Amazon recently I think).  I'm already up $100 each on my $175 Ewok Villages, which take up less space, and about $65 on my $93 Mixers.  Mixer I think is not a long term winner (reminds me too much of Winter Village Market, or Winter Village Turd as Val-E would say), so I may dump mine shortly.  I have zero SOH.  I'll be interested to see if it actually goes anywhere.  It was priced quite high at MSRP for a Creator set.

Ewok village still listed on lego UK, how u managing to shift at profit?? 

13 hours ago, BarryZola said:

A few week ago, before ebay uks final value fee offer, the number of sellers had fallen to about 60

Edited by Seeyounexttuesday