387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

I believe the comparison was based on the fact that both could've been had at the same time. If funds were limited, this would have come into play. More of one purchased over the other. I could be completely wrong but this is my guess as I don't see anything similar as well...

Exactly.

I was wrong about R2 and its performance turned the corner about a year after EOL so it could still happen for Tumbler as both sets had similar lives and R2 was being really panic hoarded in the last weeks of its life too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcdfan said:

I believe the comparison was based on the fact that both could've been had at the same time. If funds were limited, this would have come into play. More of one purchased over the other. I could be completely wrong but this is my guess as I don't see anything similar as well...

This is exactly the reason for the comparison posts. I just don't get it. prob because we can always talk about sets we didn't buy for ones we did. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

This is exactly the reason for the comparison posts. I just don't get it. prob because we can always talk about sets we didn't buy for ones we did. 

Except for Emazers who has 50 of all large exclusives.

I own neither and don't plan on purchasing either. But I would buy R5 if I were picking one due to it being a nice UCS display set.

As a 40 year old AFOL who was in his dark age from 2011-2015 I'm just not a big fan of the Tumbler set. 

R5 would display nice next to my R2, UCS Tie, SSD and SC but Tumbler is just on it's own. Just my 2 cents as a collector.

9 hours ago, wolvergeek said:

I own neither and don't plan on purchasing either. But I would buy R5 if I were picking one due to it being a nice UCS display set.

As a 40 year old AFOL who was in his dark age from 2011-2015 I'm just not a big fan of the Tumbler set. 

R5 would display nice next to my R2, UCS Tie, SSD and SC but Tumbler is just on it's own. Just my 2 cents as a collector.

So as a Star Wars UCS collector, the Tumbler doesn't appeal? That's not really a surprise is it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scatterbug said:

So as a Star Wars UCS collector, the Tumbler doesn't appeal? That's not really a surprise is it?

But I am a huge Super Hero fan and do have the 60's Batcave set. 

Some of us older AFOL like the old TV show or the Keaton batmobile better. The tumbler does look cool but it just doesn't make me wanna pay over RRP to have or build one.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

Going forward, the issue is over supply, not lack of demand 

Nailed it. It is selling well now as there are a glut on offer barely above RRP. When the impatient are out, will the same number of people be interested in paying a higher price? This set has not folllowed the pattern of FB or GE in having a huge bump, followed by stagnation - it has been capped from the get go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Nailed it. It is selling well now as there are a glut on offer barely above RRP. When the impatient are out, will the same number of people be interested in paying a higher price? This set has not folllowed the pattern of FB or GE in having a huge bump, followed by stagnation - it has been capped from the get go.

In the USA it is following a different path. Reminds of the quick flippers giving away their TH for $300 - $350. Once those sellers were cleared.....

I know in Europe the super hero and winter themes are a very tough sell. I would not expect the Tumbler to be wildly popular there and to follow a completely different pattern.

• Like 3

On July 4, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Val-E said:

The point is that Red 5 is a remake of an iconic ship and the second most identifiable one from a saga of the most successful movie franchise ever.

The Tumbler is just another batmobile, of which there have  and will be many more - diluting its identity and popularity. Same with the Batcave.

Ask someone to draw a Batmobile and you could get 5 different ones, depending on who they think Batma is, but ask for Luke Skywalker´s fighter and everyone will draw the same thing.

Ok, there is only one Benny´s Spaceship but not many people will be able to remember it so the trick is to be popular and iconic in order for maximum demand.

Batman lego has done nothing special for years,  investment wise, so the Tumbler will easily be the best investment of the series but benchmark it against something like Red 5 and it won´t look as good an investment.

The thing I was thinking about this the other day is that I know people who collect "Batmobiles" from its different eras and iterations. I could easily see a shelf with the retro 60s era, Michael Keaton era and Nolan-era Batmobiles all lined up for display. 

14 hours ago, asharerin said:

In the USA it is following a different path. Reminds of the quick flippers giving away their TH for $300 - $350. Once those sellers were cleared.....

I know in Europe the super hero and winter themes are a very tough sell. I would not expect the Tumbler to be wildly popular there and to follow a completely different pattern.

That's what I'm a little bit afraid of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

The average sold price on EBay is $315, yet people insist on selling below that. Why, I don't know.

It's simply competition, especially with thousands more resellers wanting their piece of the pie. Prices of all sets are now being driven down and it's just a matter of time before a lot of us bail out and call it a day.

19 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

To me, that's just leaving money on the table. Way to soon for me but just interesting. I see other titles that I watch and they'll be selling for $50 all day and yet people come in at $25 or $30. SMH

Totally agree.  I was looking at the JW Bag of Dinos.  It's went up to $49.99 lately.  I checked today and some jack@ss listed them at $19.99.  He has 71 of them at that price.  Why would you go to $19.99 when the BB is at $49.99?  And there are only a couple there.  The next ones are at $59.99.  Stupid.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Totally agree.  I was looking at the JW Bag of Dinos.  It's went up to $49.99 lately.  I checked today and some jack@ss listed them at $19.99.  He has 71 of them at that price.  Why would you go to $19.99 when the BB is at $49.99?  And there are only a couple there.  The next ones are at $59.99.  Stupid.

Stupid is one explanation alternatively they might have stolen goods and are looking to move them fast. Hard to tell these days. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

To me, that's just leaving money on the table. Way to soon for me but just interesting. I see other titles that I watch and they'll be selling for $50 all day and yet people come in at $25 or $30. SMH

Not selling mine either. Off to a great start. Ill see you all on the other side of $600.

• Like 4

Just now, MathBuilder said:

Stupid is one explanation alternatively they might have stolen goods and are looking to move them fast. Hard to tell these days. 

I'm hoping since they just showed up, they made the rookie mistake of putting in $19.99 when they first created the shipment.  I always put a ridiculous amount for each item when I create the shipment and change it when they are ready to sell in case something crazy happens.