• Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

26 minutes ago, Anomander said:

Daaaaaaamn!

You've bet it all on black

He's saving them for a rainy day fund.

Honestly, if i would've had 100k in the bank a couple months ago... when target was down to their last 2k or so, I would've bought as many tumblers as I could with that 100k. That would've taken 500 tumblers off the market for a couple years at least. Not sure if that would've effected the market much, since there's still 28,759 tumblers at resellers hands. 

10 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Probably returns, they'll be in rag order if anything I've bought from Smyths online late in day is an indication.

Only time will tell I guess, however the website stated all week they would be available to order from today, and as of this afternoon they was taking orders so were obviously expecting stock as opposed to a few returns !? I just wish these things would disappear altogether so we can forget about them for a year and offload in 2017 for a bit of profit !! All they are doing at the moment is taking up valuable storage space !! 

11 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Only time will tell I guess, however the website stated all week they would be available to order from today, and as of this afternoon they was taking orders so were obviously expecting stock as opposed to a few returns !? I just wish these things would disappear altogether so we can forget about them for a year and offload in 2017 for a bit of profit !! All they are doing at the moment is taking up valuable storage space !! 

25 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Probably returns, they'll be in rag order if anything I've bought from Smyths online late in day is an indication.

Can any of our UK friends confirm if any of these Smyth-stock tumblers have 2016 seal codes?

I've been under the assumption these are all sets that were produced mid to late 2015 and are just slowly leaving the warehouses but it would be a different story if you're seeing newer seal codes.

Thanks in advance. 

1 minute ago, mudcatsfan said:

Can any of our UK friends confirm if any of these Smyth-stock tumblers have 2016 seal codes?

I've been under the assumption these are all sets that were produced mid to late 2015 and are just slowly leaving the warehouses but it would be a different story if you're seeing newer seal codes.

Thanks in advance. 

The 3 I ordered back in Feb all had 2015 seal codes, can't comment regards the ones for sale at present, but I may be tempted to order one more and then I'll let you know. To be honest, I can't see how it can be the case. Lego officially retired the set so they can't be fresh, I can only assume its old stock from warehouses around the UK/Ireland that they are trying to shift, however I've been saying that the last half a dozen times they've come up for sale so who knows what's going on !?!?!?

4 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

There's only 1 left by looks of it.  Not interested in getting any more. Especially given that it's likely to be a battered return. 

Until the next set of 'Flippers' can't pay their credit card bills and return them and the process starts all over again !!! Hopefully at some point, Smyths begin to lose patience and sale them off in store at a reduced price and we finally see them back of it until next year especially if it is battered stock !

Edited by Manse1001
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, tjj1984 said:

Ah. From what I've been seeing, it's hovering around +50% here. Anyone care to speculate reasons for the secondary market price discrepancy between US and EU? Is it popularity or availability? 

I'd say two reasons:

1. Smyth's keeps selling more of these somehow, but the US retail stock seems dried up other than a few Amazon blips

2. The Dark Night / Superheros in general seem more popular in the US

Just my guesses. In other words, you got it right: Both availability and popularity.