Thread of Packaging Excellence

5 hours ago, Roklion said:

I just received mine. Two boxes in separate shipping, both direct slap on the box, and one of them is even damaged (two wholes on the Lego box, one is covered by the label).

So yea....nightmare even for my own collection...

You quoted me talking about Amazon's practices and using a Target error to correct me?

6 minutes ago, raindog said:

You quoted me talking about Amazon's practices and using a Target error to correct me?

You replied a Target sale with Amazon practice in the first place. I replied in context of the Target Assembly Square selling with this label description. Probably should have quoted the person before you...

Just received the land rover from target. It also had that disclaimer on the order page about showing what's in the box. It was delivered in the brown lego outer box with the actual set box inside. So everything arrived fine.

Also received two medium set from Walmart today. Those where just put inside a shipping bag. I haven't opened it yet to see the condition.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mplsabdullah said:

Just received the land rover from target. It also had that disclaimer on the order page about showing what's in the box. It was delivered in the brown lego outer box with the actual set box inside. So everything arrived fine.

Also received two medium set from Walmart today. Those where just put inside a shipping bag. I haven't opened it yet to see the condition.

Ditto for me. My Lego Speed Champion set was in a clear plastic bag and not crushed or anything... Plus, they put the sticker on the bag, rather than the box. lol. 

On 3/5/2021 at 1:37 PM, Ed Mack said:

I have returned 5 crushed sets in the past two weeks.  Amazon shipping on anything small is basically a bubble wrap envelope.  Terrible.

Been like that with Amazon and Target for a least a year now.  Even if you order multiple small sets in one order there is no guarantee you'll receive them in a box, let alone the same box.  They come separate, each in their own bag and typically crushed.  I no longer order small sets for delivery from either Amazon or Target for that very reason.

Edited by exracer327

got my order of 3 gingerbread houses from Amazon

came in 2 shipments (same arrival time)

the 2-pack was in one of those flat and wide outer shipping boxes (the sets were in there side by side): arrived in good condition...but I did note that these sets are kinda heavy for the box size which to me, means there's a high risk of seals busting later.

the 1-pack was shipped in a clearly re-used Amazon box and the set, if I'm guessing, looks like a return from a previous "box licker" buyer.  Not terrible, but there was a clear crease on one side; still sealed.

The ones I got from LEGO Shop at Home came individually in a slightly over-sized box due to the GWP (car): all good

Fedex delivered my Kohls order of a Mos Eisley set, a Ninjago car and a ninjago arcade figure. The box had tape all over it and was beat pretty bad. To make it even better the FedEx guy left it near the edge of a covered area on a rainy day so it got a little wet as well. The Mos Eisley box is beat up and had a tear in it.

6 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

169 wally world treehouses seem to be discounted for a reason. every one has come damaged including one with a folded in corner exposing some of the bags. and one that came without a shipping box, shipping slip right on the lego box, wrapped in walmart tape and beat to **** 

Hmmm....

mine just came today absolutely minty mint in the most perfect fitting box I have ever seen, custom made for treehouse seemingly

• 3 months later...

Sorry for lack of pics, but just received my Creeper Mine 21157 from Amazon Day sale, arrived with no shipping box, labels slapped all over set. Never gotten something like this from Amazon. I'm glad I didn't go deep on anything (this one is for my son) but still even for my kid this is pretty sh**ty he loves looking at the box art and it is all part of the experience of getting a new set. Not to mention it was left on my steps in the city for anyone to see what it was.

Disappointing end to a disappointing prime day for me I have to say (missed the lightning Razor Crest as well). I know, in the big picture of life, not even a blip, but still, come on amazon...

1 hour ago, tyskr28 said:

Sorry for lack of pics, but just received my Creeper Mine 21157 from Amazon Day sale, arrived with no shipping box, labels slapped all over set. Never gotten something like this from Amazon. I'm glad I didn't go deep on anything (this one is for my son) but still even for my kid this is pretty sh**ty he loves looking at the box art and it is all part of the experience of getting a new set. Not to mention it was left on my steps in the city for anyone to see what it was.

Disappointing end to a disappointing prime day for me I have to say (missed the lightning Razor Crest as well). I know, in the big picture of life, not even a blip, but still, come on amazon...

Checking the 'this item is a gift' box on amazon should get everything boxed proper. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Checking the 'this item is a gift' box on amazon should get everything boxed proper. 

Good advice.  It will increase the chance of shipping in a box to about 75%..

My calculator broke trying to calculate the percentage for "proper" when it comes to Amazon 🤣

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Thanks for the tip, will do in the future. Funilly enough the only other time this has happened to me was with a best buy purchase, where they not only put the shipping label on the box but security tape around all of the seams. Much different than @marcandre's experience above!

This is new! Two boxes from target. One with sets in good shape with some bubbles. The other with every set individually bagged or shrink wrapped with labels on them (never seen this before). They added bubble to that box but some sets were slightly creased, nothing major. Also missing two sets from that box. Anybody else get target items wrapped like this? Luckily not too much damage just weird 7134d3b42e5f68508f869f93e0eef8f2.jpg
b46ba36d7d0e5a39f49785e40380cdde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stuco191 said:

This is new! Two boxes from target. One with sets in good shape with some bubbles. The other with every set individually bagged or shrink wrapped with labels on them (never seen this before). They added bubble to that box but some sets were slightly creased, nothing major. Also missing two sets from that box. Anybody else get target items wrapped like this? Luckily not too much damage just weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the same but my Target orders came by ones and two at a time as if they were fulfilled from individual stores, with no consistency with how they were packaged, some with bubble wrap / cushions, some with nothing.

5 hours ago, ichiroll said:

Not the same but my Target orders came by ones and two at a time as if they were fulfilled from individual stores, with no consistency with how they were packaged, some with bubble wrap / cushions, some with nothing.

I think Target has been fulfilling from individual stores for some time, so this is becoming more and more common.

• Like 2