Thread of Packaging Excellence

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I noticed LEGO is starting to use kraft paper for packing. Maybe they do listen!

My last order, the adidas promo, which has been extended to stack on the dickens, came with Kraft paper and a new easy to remove shipping label. 

• 2 weeks later...

I received my first package from LEGO packed with paper. Sooooooooo much better than constantly overstuffing the shipping box with air pillows and crushing the LEGO boxes. I really wonder if LEGO changed this due to customer complaints or if they changed due to some other reason. Anyway, if they changed due to customer complaints, it fracking took them long enough! Years!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I received my first package from LEGO packed with paper. Sooooooooo much better than constantly overstuffing the shipping box with air pillows and crushing the LEGO boxes. I really wonder if LEGO changed this due to customer complaints or if they changed due to some other reason. Anyway, if they changed due to customer complaints, it fracking took them long enough! Years!

So now, maybe in 10 years or so, they'll learn about proper proportions - and not to shove so much paper into the box (crushing it that way instead).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

My problem with lego shipping has always been the same... FEDEX.
Until LEGO replaces FEDEX most of my packages will always arrive beat to ****.

My Fedex is delivered great - It must be a poor delivery person along your route.

My UPS packages are always trashed (even though other people have great experiences).

• Like 2

Thank you once again Amazon for providing me with an excellent customer experience. Although every seal was broken your shipping associate was kind enough to tape it with packing tape so that wouldn't come open and lose parts while being shipped. Placing the shipping label directly on the product was great. The kids love the fact that they did not have to open the box to actually see what had arrived. And fortunately the hole in the side of the box allowed us to even preview the contents before opening the box.993cd6c1de7efe563ae716c97a791788.jpgfaecde292697bae1706fa8eb1a2897bd.jpg27b7ed5ca43c3ec13c049a4f6d3f424b.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

2nd time in a week Amazon delivered set with shipping label slapped on Lego box, no shipping box. Delivery was done by their own team, not UPS/USPS. These were both bigger sets.

Funny enough, for returns, I'm asked to box the sets.

You should tell them that returns might ship in their original packaging. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 1 month later...

Experiences with Costco shipping large Lego orders?  Just placed an order and checked the box for "plain packaging" which by their description the sets should be packed in a plain brown box.  However, a quick google search shows that many still receive their items with labels right on the manufacturer's box despite making the "plain packaging" selection.  

Experiences with Costco shipping large Lego orders?  Just placed an order and checked the box for "plain packaging" which by their description the sets should be packed in a plain brown box.  However, a quick google search shows that many still receive their items with labels right on the manufacturer's box despite making the "plain packaging" selection.  

Been ordering 5 ata time and all arrive in a brown Costco box in great shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Two examples:

Target - three sets shipped; all arrive in their own boxes with air pillows.  2/3 arrive damaged.  *sigh*

Kohl's - four sets shipped; smallest two arrive in a box.  Largest two arrive in the same garment bag - both smashed.  Seriously, why do these companies ship LEGO in bags?!  *sigh*

• Sad 1