Thread of Packaging Excellence

Walmart "fulfilled" a partial order to my home today. Got home to find the little Walmart shopping bag tied in a knot with the Mandalorion battle pack inside of it, a sticker on the outside of the bag with my name, the time, and a barcode. Nice packing Walmart!

Just received a set from Walmart with no packaging. Giant label slapped right in front of the box and shipped as is. Box came crushed. Called to complain since can’t even order a replacement since it is now OOS. They gave a refund and said to keep the item. Haven’t checked to see if all pieces are actually there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Average Guy said:

Walmart "fulfilled" a partial order to my home today. Got home to find the little Walmart shopping bag tied in a knot with the Mandalorion battle pack inside of it, a sticker on the outside of the bag with my name, the time, and a barcode. Nice packing Walmart!

My illager raid order was switched from 'ship it' to 'free home delivery' by walmart after I ordered. It didn't even have a bag when it arrived.  Just a stack of colorful bare lego boxes, exposed to the elements on my front porch.  Thankfully I was home at the time. 

They use door dash or other similar service.

9 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

They use door dash or other similar service.

I read some time ago where Walmart has a program for their employees to earn money by delivering items in their personal cars on their way to or from work? My neighbor said that the guy was driving a car when he delivered it and no uniform or markings. It may have been a store employee taking stock from my closest store and delivering it on his way home from work.

sold BT set on amazon, got the message from the buyer today , I definitely won't send a replacement. Any suggestions?

"I am seeking a replacement to the package that arrived today. There was damage to three of the four corners. (see attached photo's) This is not acceptable for a product of this value. For example, we had ordered another Lego Technic product and it was appropriately packaged inside a larger box with padding - thus eliminating possible damage to the original box. We would have expected the same for this order. Thank you."284534141_IMG_0383(2).thumb.jpg.e5ced88ac4c7159a417f8790bb64a323.jpg

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, yyyybird said:

sold BT set on amazon, got the message from the buyer today , I definitely won't send a replacement. Any suggestions?

"I am seeking a replacement to the package that arrived today. There was damage to three of the four corners. (see attached photo's) This is not acceptable for a product of this value. For example, we had ordered another Lego Technic product and it was appropriately packaged inside a larger box with padding - thus eliminating possible damage to the original box. We would have expected the same for this order. Thank you."284534141_IMG_0383(2).thumb.jpg.e5ced88ac4c7159a417f8790bb64a323.jpg

No replacement, have them return it 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, yyyybird said:

Are you FBM?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, yyyybird said:

so you shipped it wrapped in brown paper?

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yyyybird said:

How did you pack the set for shipping? Buyer's comment suggested subpar packaging.  It is not that unreasonable to expect a good looking box when spending $400 on a set

In any case, have them return the set for refund.  

1 hour ago, yyyybird said:

FBM in frustration free package (lego orignial cartoon), in a rush had not used double box

Maybe depends on your volume.  That's the way I send them out.  If you are low volume it might make sense to go to the extra trouble.  Most people are not picky like that.

As previously advised, I definitely would not replace it either.  And if it were Ebay I would block him.

Today my fedex driver knocked on my door and asked me if these two packages are mine. Two huge boxes, one printer box and one vegetable box. They had my name on them but the wrong address. Confused as I know i didn't order anything to that address nor did I order a printer or vegetables. I opened them up and found 50 lego sets with shipping labels blasted on the front. Walmart tried to ship me 50 small sets with shipping labels directly on the box. Fedex aggregated them all and boxed them up for Walmart and then put the wrong address on the label :(

The sets are in good condition minus the labels... Not really sure if I'm going to return them but i'm very annoyed. They are unsellable on Amazon in this condition.

Wow Target!  Excellent job packaging both Bond's Car and Bowser's Castle.  Boxes bigger than the actual Lego set and perfect amount of bubbles.  Bowser's Castle had me worried since it came with the warning it may ship in original packaging.  

On another note... Bowser's Castle came with one of the tabs completely folded in (see last photo).  I usually see this on sets that have already been opened, but there are other signs such as seal issues along with it.  The seals look so pristine it doesn't appear to be opened and resealed.  Should I be concerned that this set may have been opened/something removed?  I'm assuming if someone returned it after removing something and did such a phenomenal job getting the seals just right they would have not pushed in the tab.  

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5532.jpg

Edited by BRIX23
Correcting photos

47 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

Wow Target!  Excellent job packaging both Bond's Car and Bowser's Castle.  Boxes bigger than the actual Lego set and perfect amount of bubbles.  Bowser's Castle had me worried since it came with the warning it may ship in original packaging.  

On another note... Bowser's Castle came with one of the tabs completely folded in (see last photo).  I usually see this on sets that have already been opened, but there are other signs such as seal issues along with it.  The seals look so pristine it doesn't appear to be opened and resealed.  Should I be concerned that this set may have been opened/something removed?  I'm assuming if someone returned it after removing something and did such a phenomenal job getting the seals just right they would have not pushed in the tab.  

I too got my first sweep of Bowsers.  They came packed in the Lego Shipping boxes (qty 2 each).  Wouldn't be surprised if single orders get sent with just a label.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5532.jpg

if the seals look OK,,,,I am thinking a Target employee pushed in the handles while holding.  They are "handles" afterall

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5532.jpg

had same exact issue with mine. also looks sealed so ill gamble and send it in. 

so far 2 came in boxes one came with a label slapped on. 

• Thanks 1

6 Kohls orders all since Dec. 4th have come in boxes, packaged well and all but 1 with great boxes.  The 1 without a great box was a stormtrooper helmet that looked like someone squeezed too hard causing creases down the side (not anywhere close to worth returning).  No matter the size of the set or quantity ordered they have come in Kohls boxes.  Feeling really fortunate considering some of the posts I've read.   

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 10:08 AM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

if the seals look OK,,,,I am thinking a Target employee pushed in the handles while holding.  They are "handles" afterall

Were those really designed for handles? 😛 Never really thought about it and now you have me thinking.

I assumed they were like cereal box flaps in case they're still used for storing.

Funny those things you've seen most of your life and never really question.

On 12/10/2021 at 10:15 AM, BRIX23 said:

IMG_5532.jpg

They sent the one I ordered in classic target fashion - a box half an inch too small in one direction packed diagonally. Box is fine, but the seals pop on one end when they do this. I picked a pristine one up in-store yesterday (with $10 GC back!) and my daughter is getting one as a gift, so no loss. I wish Target would get 15" x 20" boxes instead of 14" x 21" boxes. Vitacost has the perfect size boxes for these sets and I'm sure Target sells 100x more Lego than Kroger.

Those are totally cereal box style re-closing flaps, not handles:

Olu6DLG_ZWdkZNTw1081c7MAhJ9PkoIIrm2cRMy2V7mYe33MSxPvh-rDpLtJnUdnkVyP8Zv4gouFOZhTwfLNn9XwvBO6cu5hfT3q6_YqNN-5UKcARgjHNxMUvIo68e5aoa5eV5DdiB_Zf9dOrcH16_gXg31fSxryzVUcPS7AS2FXrJhbSj0ghNPZ3VqiIk08T53MIHh0cBaO2uyOHymEQUtxQtAMla4va8DbVRimWGtCmDbL8o4x2IzEC4sKE__zqFyO94-SsvNOFzK9E6o2q8JiSlK6YkQR7IR365sOCKNjS9z7rdJDEZ6L1AtNDa8ql3IUTwwWpGGW7pdsDBP-Tf_7eMtKKZx-Xf5Sgt8nbrJXsCdiz-6-mKhK4QSNesJQdhmcHcF4Jk2ofBxiTrbfOrGGDL7k2v8YDyEa5YWvQdLHv286zjM7f55t_ZXkr2sA10bvWF5htRBj8W709UutG1Uw0b20EsqhwLoSjGsChmuYhAcWJpQ2R7WKZrzbVsMMPBgaAI6JFnHLuzTuGER-JjpE2kx_axL1opEeYLw7y13pjUqrNFxiz0qdds0ecH8RpeQTaK-GIiJFbIdEjACr1V1JvwH0ftskv79gqYTRla1oIVv_TaAFRxF9L1Qm1FJm2aeZ7-A-G70-4IUmgVrvJbG6onI-meaafPlSBK_V0B8WPipJ50KkhqhiyEymoAGvk332iZA1KslL4IfXCdV3wm3tIA=w1470-h543-no?authuser=0

• Like 1