9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

Yeah, my TRU still has a couple on the shelved.  They have upped the price to $149 (CAN), which means they aren't moving them at the moment (not that I can see, anyway).  They had a $50 off sale a while back but it wasn't enough to clear out all the stock.  Now that the US TRU is out, a decent sale in Canada would probably be enough to get this well and truly out the door.  With no sale, this stock could sit there until ebay prices are around $150-160.

at the TRU jacked up price making it 149.99 + our lovely 13% tax

Sent from my Unknown using Brickpicker mobile app

Ouch, just before I joined here I saw a display of them for $69.99. I didn't have the money to pick any up since I was just there to pick up a Simpsons minifig, but I wish I did.

at the TRU jacked up price making it 149.99 + our lovely 13% tax

Sent from my Unknown using Brickpicker mobile app

Didn't realize the price went up.... when I go to local TRUs I just make a mental note of how many are still on the shelves. Still a bunch in my area though, I just ready to pounce if and when a decent sale comes up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any fellow canucks finding any deals on this one lately? We just built our HH and of course they all want the VC to go with it. Ugh. :)

The irony was that I had just inquired a local for sale add about 2 hours before they asked about the other sets. So I picked up the ghost train, crazy scientist and swamp creature sets for $80 - 99.9% complete with instructions (just a little dusty) - which is a good deal up north.

None yet.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Yeah... Indigo doesn't have an VC either so the 25% off coupon was no good. They've got a few MF sets left on the shelf at my nearest...

So i sold one of the two vampyre castles today that i picked up at TRU a few months back and after inspection found out that they have double seals on one end with dual date code (49r2 and 02r3). the under seals seem cut and over seals appear to be perfect lego seals. Its almost like they were sent back to lego after christmas, re-inspected, repackaged/resealed, and returned to TRU to sell. has anyone seen this before? i weighted both sets and they are a just a tad over the listed weight on brickipedia (1894 and 1897 grams), which may be because of the scale im using. Both sets have identical old and new seals/datecodes. please see picture and advise. i am worried i got scammed. got these during june clearance, any recourse with TRU at this point? this was before i started checking seals religiously and if this is a scam its the most sophisticated i have ever seen. im thinking of sending it and waiting for a return request just to make sure its actually missing pieces before i list the second set. 

post-13324-0-30043100-1410840209_thumb.j

btw the set number under the datecodes thread is wrong. it should be 9468 and not 9498. the date code in BL DB does not match either of mine.

EDIT: so it appears im just paranoid and answered my own question by looking through the date code thread, see amtrak23's comment below:

Assumed date codes for production runs

default_large.png Posted by amtrak23 on 03 July 2014 - 04:27 PM in Investing Forum

I was moving around a pallet of vamp castles at warehouse and decided to check codes.

A lot of them have two seals, so repacked for some reason. First batch is 48R2 with extra seal on top with 02R3 or 03R3. Casepacks were double labeled as well with matching info. 

A few were 49R2s. So something happened to 48R2 run.
Edited by jerryherb

Certainly it has been returned to LEGO. I think that an employee received it, checked it, and have put on it "the seal of the week".

If there is another seal, this is still a sealed set.

Mine is 1895g (+/- 4g)

But to calm you mind, just open it, and check it.

Then when you will resell it, say that you have "opened it, checked it, not opened bags, and that important pieces (instructions, roof, minifigures...) are not missing".

Edited by biniou

So i sold one of the two vampyre castles today that i picked up at TRU a few months back and after inspection found out that they have double seals on one end with dual date code (49r2 and 02r3). the under seals seem cut and over seals appear to be perfect lego seals. Its almost like they were sent back to lego after christmas, re-inspected, repackaged/resealed, and returned to TRU to sell. has anyone seen this before? i weighted both sets and they are a just a tad over the listed weight on brickipedia (1894 and 1897 grams), which may be because of the scale im using. Both sets have identical old and new seals/datecodes. please see picture and advise. i am worried i got scammed. got these during june clearance, any recourse with TRU at this point? this was before i started checking seals religiously and if this is a scam its the most sophisticated i have ever seen. im thinking of sending it and waiting for a return request just to make sure its actually missing pieces before i list the second set. 

attachicon.gif20140915_233132.jpg

btw the set number under the datecodes thread is wrong. it should be 9468 and not 9498. the date code in BL DB does not match either of mine.

EDIT: so it appears im just paranoid and answered my own question by looking through the date code thread, see amtrak23's comment below:

Assumed date codes for production runs

default_large.png Posted by amtrak23 on 03 July 2014 - 04:27 PM in Investing Forum

I was moving around a pallet of vamp castles at warehouse and decided to check codes.

A lot of them have two seals, so repacked for some reason. First batch is 48R2 with extra seal on top with 02R3 or 03R3. Casepacks were double labeled as well with matching info. 

A few were 49R2s. So something happened to 48R2 run.

After reading this I checked mine. Sure enough. Double seals.

About half of mine are double sealed as well...all from TRU. I noticed that the ones I bought a lot earlier were not doubled sealed, but the ones I got towards the end were. I don't think it's much of a problem. Has anyone opened one of these doubled sealed sets? If so, was everything intact?

• 1 month later...

I have found the Castle for $129 Cad. Does anyone think this will be a good set to invest in at that price. I am sure it wont be as good as the HH but at $129 is it worth the money. Look like every were else is selling it for $149. (Well in Canada that is)

castle will also be a winner down the road ...

• Like 1

I have found the Castle for $129 Cad. Does anyone think this will be a good set to invest in at that price. I am sure it wont be as good as the HH but at $129 is it worth the money. Look like every were else is selling it for $149. (Well in Canada that is)

TRU.ca marked it up to $149 after it sold out at S&****, but it retailed at $129. The third week of Bricktober TRU at least marked them down to $129 and you got two promo sets, so I wouldn't be all the keen on investing at the original MSRP. Even in Canada folks like me probably stocked up at 30% (or more) off the original $129, so you'll have to wait a while to see significant profit.

• 3 weeks later...