9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

Guest TabbyBoy

I bought mine during the Clubcard points promotion, 1000 free points per order right? I'm hoping for a double points boost this Christmas so I can spend some of these points on Lego

Something like that which works out at approx.

On average, it just covers fees if bought at RRP.  I paid a little less as I took advantage of the Tesco Clubcard points promotion.  They are towards the back of my loft and no plan to sell just yet.  I'm hoping the VCs take off once they stop hanging on.  It's just CITY stuff I'm getting rid of asap.

Do you have any City Harbor you are looking at getting rid of in your fire sale?

Guest TabbyBoy

Do you have any City Harbor you are looking at getting rid of in your fire sale?

Sorry, no but, thanks for asking.  The sets I'm getting rid of are mainly single vehicles.  The Harbour is one of the very few CiTY sets that I'm keeping.

It's sad with that's going on with the Vamp Castle as an investor. While I'm happy the public still has an opportunity to buy it at retail but TRU just jacks up the price like a reseller. However, TRU avoids the neg feedback that resellers get,

TRU is just "meh". Then again, Lego feels they prob still owe TRU since the retailer helped them in 2003 and 2004 (the hard years).

I don't understand this logic....if retailers like TRU jack up the price on the remaining units of any set, that set will take long to spike up in price at first because the resellers won't buy up all of the inventory, but over time, since a higher proportion of TRU's sales for this set will be by consumers and not by resellers, there were be a lower inventory in the secondary market, so it will actually be quicker for it to hit a certain price point.

I don't understand this logic....if retailers like TRU jack up the price on the remaining units of any set, that set will take long to spike up in price at first because the resellers won't buy up all of the inventory, but over time, since a higher proportion of TRU's sales for this set will be by consumers and not by resellers, there were be a lower inventory in the secondary market, so it will actually be quicker for it to hit a certain price point.

Correct in the stance that more units will be owned by the consumer than the investor, but it has yet to be seen whether or not these remaining units will affect everything all too much.

I myself see this having more of a negative affect at first, but once we see a 'true' EOL of the set once TRU stock runs out, I can see the price rising normally like it would originally. See, it's a bit similar to the FB, no one knew when it would really retire, it's been around much longer than originally expected, but there are also a few differences aswell. See, we don't know exactly how many units TRU really has, could be enough to last until the end of the year, or just enough until tomorrow, it's hard to say. So with that being said I think there will be quite a bit more demand than if it retired months ago like originally expected, that is also if we can expect for it to only last a few months.

All and all, it's a huge 'what if', and I'ld recommend picking up a couple if you can, you'll still be able to make a good profit, a better one if you took advantage of that 20% off coupon awhile back.

• 1 month later...

this set is still around? zz

Yes and no...

TRU still has them as "exclusive", however, when you go to the store, there are only a handful in-stock.

Lets hope they have them on clearance for under $80 again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• 2 weeks later...

In my area it is EOL. The value is slowly climbing. I really like this set.

I found 3 for 99 euro each. But I already have 3. Wondering if I should pull the trigger and buy another 3 to bring my total to 6.

Probably a wise move to buy those up.  I don't know what's going on in Germany, but it just went official EOL here in the States.  Toys R Us finally sold out of them; they were the last retailer to carry them.  Granted, there might still be some on store shelves, but probably not for long.

I like the set a lot.  It's a really neat looking and unique castle.

Being a castle type set and a Halloween time theme, I believe it will do well.

People have said to build this during the holidays as well as the HH.

TRU is blowing these sets out, so jump on it while you can...

Being a castle type set and a Halloween time theme, I believe it will do well.

People have said to build this during the holidays as well as the HH.

TRU is blowing these sets out, so jump on it while you can...

Have they been discounted lately? TRUs in Canada hasn't discounted ANY monster fighters sets for a long time in Canada...

Finally gone online at Toys R Us!  Now it's truly EOL.  Let's watch it take off!

Toys R Us having it as an exclusive after it is retired by Lego, but then Toys R Us not having it available for Halloween 2014 makes absolutely no sense.  Good news, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Yet another dismal performance so far.  We have no hope in the UK with Americans selling them so cheap on eBay right now (