My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does it mean getting a "cleared customs" notification email from a ZAvvi order?
I ordered a bunch of stuff and never received a notification before...afraid my order will be getting the DHL Saran Wrap treatment

I noticed that Zavvi integrated tracking information into their system within the past couple months, so when an update within the DHL tracking system posts, Zavvi will send along an email worded similarly to the DHL notification (if you have that setup/receive those).

I don’t think you’ll see anything out of the ordinary.
  • Like 1

Just a data point that I placed some large orders last Friday during the $15 Kohl's cash for every $50 combined with the 30% off on LEGO and big discounts on some other toys. The orders all went through, and have been delivered. I received emails showing that I earned the associated Kohl's cash. However, when I went to use it the other day, it was not listed in my account and I couldn't manually add it either.

Just went through a painful back and forth with Kohl's about why this is and they "revoked it due to exceeding quantity limits". There are no stated quantity limits and each order is manually reviewed and determined if it exceeds quantity limits. But, again, there are no actual limits. Just whatever the person who is reviewing feels the limits are at that time of review. It is interesting because in the past, I've ordered higher quantities in single orders than I just did last week without much issue. Occasionally, the orders were canceled due to exceeding these fictitious limits, but usually went through. This is the first time that I had the orders go through and be delivered to me and then have the Kohl's Cash clawed back retroactively.

TLDR; I lost over $2k in Kohl's cash that I earned on orders that I paid for and have been delivered to me.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, skinsfan0521 said:

TLDR; I lost over $2k in Kohl's cash that I earned on orders that I paid for and have been delivered to me.

If it makes sense financially, I'd load up everything that I purchased, that was still in the return period, and haul it back to the local Kohl's.  Dispute everything on your credit card on things in which they wouldn't accept.  Your stand should be that you would never have made the purchases without the sales incentive of the Kohl's cash.  Kohl has broken the contract initiated with you when they sold you the goods.  You acted in good faith. 

I've done this before and I believe that, if everyone that was jerked around by Big Retail would fight back, they wouldn't use their promised incentives to bully buyers/resellers.  We are customers too, some of their best.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, raindog said:

If it makes sense financially, I'd load up everything that I purchased, that was still in the return period, and haul it back to the local Kohl's.  Dispute everything on your credit card on things in which they wouldn't accept.  Your stand should be that you would never have made the purchases without the sales incentive of the Kohl's cash.  Kohl has broken the contract initiated with you when they sold you the goods.  You acted in good faith. 

I've done this before and I believe that, if everyone that was jerked around by Big Retail would fight back, they wouldn't use their promised incentives to bully buyers/resellers.  We are customers too, some of their best.

The representative that I talked to told me that I could return everything when I made that exact point (I wouldn't have bought all of this if it wasn't going to earn Kohl's cash). I'm considering it, but at the end of the day, it was still 30% off in bulk quantities of retiring sets, I did still get the 5% Kohl's rewards and got the 2% (or 3%?) in Rakuten cashback. And it would be a PITA to return everything. So, I'll probably just keep it. The additional 30% Kohl's Cash is certainly what got me to make the purchase to begin with, but it's not the worst deal ever for what I did buy and paid for.

3 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

this black friday going to be a disaster, amazon limits of 1, lego limits of 3 etc how do you get quantities of anything.. all shops are closed, click and collect limits to 1 per household... ffs 

It's almost like they don't want us folk buying lol. Amazon limit makes no sense to me, many parents would want 2 of the same item or even 3. 

Did you hear about aldi and them having the falcon for £59.99. That will surely be a wild goose chase. 

• Like 1