My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, elmaslıefendi said:

Can anybody explain this nonsense of companies lowering the price and not allowing people to buy them in bulk? Don't say morals, big companies care for cash, not for kids.

Because they want to appeal to a broad base of customers . If a few people get their hands on most deals their customers will be pissed and anger . Queue in the Target debacle of few years ago that lead to chain wide changes 

Can anybody explain this nonsense of companies lowering the price and not allowing people to buy them in bulk? Don't say morals, big companies care for cash, not for kids.
Because their suppliers have contractual restrictions on them selling their merchandise on a wholesale basis and get bent out of shape when they realize the retailer is selling merchandise in bulk orders at sale prices well below MAP.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 2

Because their suppliers have contractual restrictions on them selling their merchandise on a wholesale basis and get bent out of shape when they realize the retailer is selling merchandise in bulk orders at sale prices well below MAP.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

This is true. Lego used to have super strict price restrictions. They’re still strict with smaller retailers, but have loosened up slightly with the big chains.

6 hours ago, odysea11 said:

Aaaaand...another cancellation...:growl:

it took me 10 months of zero orders at walmart - mid October through mid August - before i could get the ban to wear off.

now i can get  orders of 3-4 different items $60-80 per order, 5-6 spread out throughout the day to go through.

with how hardcore the walmart ban has been for me, and how many deals i missed last year while banned,  i would not recommend trying to order more than 1  of the same set in the same order.  i try not to have the same set in two open orders.  i have given up on walmart for larger sets anyway given the amount of damaged items  i have received.

luckily targets gift card deal encourages smaller deals so much easier to fly under the radar.  bye bye siab my gift card sausage machine.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cladner said:

it took me 10 months of zero orders at walmart - mid October through mid August - before i could get the ban to wear off.

now i can get  orders of 3-4 different items $60-80 per order, 5-6 spread out throughout the day to go through.

with how hardcore the walmart ban has been for me, and how many deals i missed last year while banned,  i would not recommend trying to order more than 1  of the same set in the same order.  i try not to have the same set in two open orders.  i have given up on walmart for larger sets anyway given the amount of damaged items  i have received.

luckily targets gift card deal encourages smaller deals so much easier to fly under the radar.  bye bye siab my gift card sausage machine.

Funny thing is I placed an order for 4 HP Advents with a 10% coupon 2 weeks ago and they shipped no problem....

42 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Funny thing is I placed an order for 4 HP Advents with a 10% coupon 2 weeks ago and they shipped no problem....

i got banned buy 10x so and so's forgettable  organic food truck or whatever.  $100 order.  missed out on all the good stuff later on.  nobody puts baby in the corner this year.

Edited by cladner
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, appchasers said:

Got my Welcome to Apocalypsburg 70840 delivered by Amazon today in absolutely horrendous shape. Of course, no shipping box. But I chose "Frustration Free Packaging". I thought that was the option that forced them to deliver in a protective box. Maybe I'm mistaken...

I received mine in the sealed Lego shipper inside another Amazon box. That's what I'd expect.

37 minutes ago, appchasers said:

Got my Welcome to Apocalypsburg 70840 delivered by Amazon today in absolutely horrendous shape. Of course, no shipping box. But I chose "Frustration Free Packaging". I thought that was the option that forced them to deliver in a protective box. Maybe I'm mistaken...

I bought 2 and marked them as a gift.... one was near perfect, the other could have been better but blame it more on the weak Lego box that simple can't handle sets that large.

1 hour ago, appchasers said:

99% of the time frustration free means it comes in an outer box.

seems like a small but definite number of bp'ers report this happening though with the frustration-free option.  i have ordered dozens of sets ff and been happy with the results.

in other news, i think this new stupid circle app may be a bs way for target to put the kibosh on reseller scum by keeping track of their orders and "how much they save'.  i don't think target likes it when you save more than 99.9999% of their other customers do. 

i had the extremely odd big brother  experience of having all forms of electronic payment denied INSTORE on my 14th $50ish lego purchase to get a gift card today.  red card, chase card, bofa debit card with thousands of cash in it - all with my name of course and all denied as payment forms.  wish i would have had some cash on hand to see if that would have worked or if instead i would have been told "i'm sorry i can't take your money here reseller scum."

first 13 payments were using red card.  after it finally was declined, i went with chase - declined.  bofa debit -declined.   i was in a hurry otherwise i would have gotten the cash and paid that way but wtf target.  i started wondering if there were people watching me on closed circuit and seeing me slowly clean the store out over an hour and were able to just squelch my purchase from the cloud like a drone strike.  then i realized it's time to get my guberment chip taken out of my brain again. lol.

Edited by cladner

99% of the time frustration free means it comes in an outer box.
seems like a small but definite number of bp'ers report this happening though with the frustration-free option.  i have ordered dozens of sets ff and been happy with the results.
in other news, i think this new stupid circle app may be a bs way for target to put the kibosh on reseller scum by keeping track of their orders and "how much they save'.  i don't think target likes it when you save more than 99.9999% of their other customers do. 
i had the extremely odd big brother  experience of having all forms of electronic payment denied INSTORE on my 14th $50ish lego purchase to get a gift card today.  red card, chase card, bofa debit card with thousands of cash in it - all with my name of course and all denied as payment forms.  first 13 payments were using red card.  after it finally was declined, i went with chase - declined.  bofa debit -declined.   i was in a hurry otherwise i would have gotten the cash and paid that way but wtf target. 

Anyone else getting declines today?

6 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

yep.  sporadically getting some to go through too.  weird.  i think i may have broken up with target.  no more baby.  today's gift card dealio at my well stocked tax free NH store was like a 50% off sunday buffet with the hoardes of regular shoppers running cover for my crazy repetitive activities.  repeat purchases spread out, not all at once.  i hit my step count very early.  until #14.

Edited by cladner

3 hours ago, cladner said:

yep.  sporadically getting some to go through too.  weird.  i think i may have broken up with target.  no more baby.  today's gift card dealio at my well stocked tax free NH store was like a 50% off sunday buffet with the hoardes of regular shoppers running cover for my crazy repetitive activities.  repeat purchases spread out, not all at once.  i hit my step count very early.  until #14.

is there a way to opt out of their circle thing

12 hours ago, appchasers said:

Didn't you know, "Frustration Free" actually means you get all of the Frustration for free :lolu:

11 hours ago, LegoBro said:

I had all of my Target orders insta-cancelled yesterday.  Tried opening a new account...same thing.  I guess that party is over just like WM.  Feels like 2016 all over again...just without TRU.