My order status

2 hours ago, brickology101 said:

So far I would say about 1/4 of the sets I have received from Target are in bad shape - flattened, punctured, scratched, dented, popped seals, reapplied seals, you name it. Got a friend who is also a reseller and....same. I don’t know if it is the worst I have seen it from these guys but I would say it is up there. So, as in the past, I go to BM stores in my area, buy betters sets ,when I can find them, and slowly return to stores the damaged online sets with the store receipts. I alternate between the stores where I buy and those where I return. I am banned from Walmart online (hard ban - not just LEGO) but I don’t care. Not yet banned from Target. Buying in stores has not been an issue...yet. I guess at some point when I cannot source decent products anymore then that will be  the end of it. That would be okay for me, really. I made my reselling money.

IMG_0972.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, brickology101 said:

So far I would say about 1/4 of the sets I have received from Target are in bad shape - flattened, punctured, scratched, dented, popped seals, reapplied seals, you name it. Got a friend who is also a reseller and....same. I don’t know if it is the worst I have seen it from these guys but I would say it is up there. So, as in the past, I go to BM stores in my area, buy betters sets ,when I can find them, and slowly return to stores the damaged online sets with the store receipts. I alternate between the stores where I buy and those where I return. I am banned from Walmart online (hard ban - not just LEGO) but I don’t care. Not yet banned from Target. Buying in stores has not been an issue...yet. I guess at some point when I cannot source decent products anymore then that will be  the end of it. That would be okay for me, really. I made my reselling money.

this strategy may backfire as I know Target tracks returns pretty closely.  Need to show driver's license.  Obviously mainly for fraud reasons, but a bunch of LEGO returns would like stick out.

Might be better to simply request an exchange for sets that were delivered damaged...that way it's 100% legit and you are not accruing a ton of "regular returns" which may looks sucpiscious.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

this strategy may backfire as I know Target tracks returns pretty closely.  Need to show driver's license.  Obviously mainly for fraud reasons, but a bunch of LEGO returns would like stick out.
Might be better to simply request an exchange for sets that were delivered damaged...that way it's 100% legit and you are not accruing a ton of "regular returns" which may looks sucpiscious.
The only time I had ever had to show drivers license while making a return to Target was the one time I lost a receipt... I have returned often to Target and as long as I have the receipt there are no issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

4 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

If you are talking about returning these online orders with a receipt (the one that came in the box), why would they need a DL? They scan it and know who you are. 

I've returned all sorts to Target...ALWAYS required to show driver's license...it's probably a security protocol...or maybe I just look super shifty

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

All 4 hospitals ordered from Target arrived with creases all over.  They were packed in too small of a box OR with too much airpillows

I got a box today that could have fit at least 3 hospitals but it only had 1, as well as enough air pillows to keep me supplied for the next couple of years. Needless to say, it was creased. Of course, that's not as bad as another hospital that arrived with some sort of gel on it inside the shipping box. Maybe a Target packer got a little too excited seeing all of this LEGO. Not sure how to warn people of that in a listing...

I've received somewhere around 50 packages so far and they've been all over the place... Some perfectly packed, the majority poorly packed but somehow turned out OK, and some that were not packed well and got destroyed.

I mentioned the other day about possibly not returning them and just considering it a cost of doing business, but I've changed my mind on that. They'll be returned because I don't feel like holding onto junk for the next few years. Hopefully, it doesn't draw additional attention to my account. 

Received a UCS Hulk Buster from Walmart.  Package was bulging it had so many air-pillows in it.  Then I noticed the 4" x 1" open gash in the middle length-wise side of the box. 

The box for the set is fairly beat up - crease lengthwise down the side.  Indented in the front from too many air pillows.  *sigh*  I was debating about selling it or building it.  At this point, I'm leaning towards build as the box does not look good.

15 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Received a UCS Hulk Buster from Walmart.  Package was bulging it had so many air-pillows in it.  Then I noticed the 4" x 1" open gash in the middle length-wise side of the box. 

The box for the set is fairly beat up - crease lengthwise down the side.  Indented in the front from too many air pillows.  *sigh*  I was debating about selling it or building it.  At this point, I'm leaning towards build as the box does not look good.

for some reason my Walmart boxes always arrive with gashes in them.  Must be something in their warehouse, or they hired this guy.

giphy.thumb.gif.719309a495e6787042be732682257ad4.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got a box today that could have fit at least 3 hospitals but it only had 1, as well as enough air pillows to keep me supplied for the next couple of years. Needless to say, it was creased. Of course, that's not as bad as another hospital that arrived with some sort of gel on it inside the shipping box. Maybe a Target packer got a little too excited seeing all of this LEGO. Not sure how to warn people of that in a listing...

I guess it’s time to add a black light to our list of reseller supplies.
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I may just be using poor math skills, but I was wondering if someone else could check their Target orders for something: in keeping track of what I paid for items, I think I found a discrepancy in how much tax I was being charged on different orders. When ordering the same item across different orders, I'm finding different total prices on my invoices. For example, an item listed at $34.99 cost, after tax and Redcard discount, $35.32 in one order, $35.82 in another, and $36.65 in a different one. 

1 hour ago, BillyBricks said:

I may just be using poor math skills, but I was wondering if someone else could check their Target orders for something: in keeping track of what I paid for items, I think I found a discrepancy in how much tax I was being charged on different orders. When ordering the same item across different orders, I'm finding different total prices on my invoices. For example, an item listed at $34.99 cost, after tax and Redcard discount, $35.32 in one order, $35.82 in another, and $36.65 in a different one. 

I've noticed this same problem. I tried to explain it once to Target customer service to no avail. Seems illegal to charge incorrect tax, but whatever, Target.

4 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

I think this might be because they are sourcing from their own stores and then instead of correctly charging you the sales tax for the locale in which you reside, they are strangely charging you the sales tax for the store location it is being shipped from. I'm not 100% on this, but it seems a likely culprit.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2019 at 6:24 PM, Belac said:

BHZ ghosts orders from Lego LEGO Shop at Home  from 17th just got cancelled:(

same!!

I was going to post here with a message on my order a few days ago about waiting for stock... Then it canceled yesterday.... although I’ve received 3 emails since, 1 of which looks like I’m on backorder. Seems unlikely but it does sound as if there are more on the way!

2 hours ago, keymomachine said:

I think this might be because they are sourcing from their own stores and then instead of correctly charging you the sales tax for the locale in which you reside, they are strangely charging you the sales tax for the store location it is being shipped from. I'm not 100% on this, but it seems a likely culprit.

I thought this, but I figured that didn't make any sense. Of course, what makes sense is not always what companies do.