My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

2 of 6 carousels from AMZ arrived with labels slapped all over the sides and bare hugged in shipping tape. I ordered two sets of three and they shipped two individually naked.

This is a first time for me ... I’ve had success with frustration free in the past but will be more cautious going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

2 of 6 carousels from AMZ arrived with labels slapped all over the sides and bare hugged in shipping tape. I ordered two sets of three and they shipped two individually naked.

This is a first time for me ... I’ve had success with frustration free in the past but will be more cautious going forward.

For mine that came with a label just attached to the LEGO box, I sent it back the same way. I made a note in the return that the label was just put right on the box and the box was crushed, torn, etc. I received an email within about 5 min apologizing and saying that they'd discuss it with the shipping department. I have no faith that anything will change, but I've never received an emailed response to a return before, so at least I know that somebody read it. 

14 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

I'm not sure why frustration free is even mentioned on these. That whole thing (frustration free) was started to gravitate away from annoying plastic clamshell packaging designed to prevent theft from physical stores.

1 minute ago, iahawks550 said:

I wonder what percentage of people care about the shipping label being on the actual box? Are we in the vast minority? 

I wouldn't generally care about the shipping label being on the "retail" box of a normal product if that box was sturdy enough for shipping. However, that's not the case with LEGO boxes. They're flimsy and get crushed and torn and have packaging tape ALL over them trying to fix the tears. At least, that's been my experience with the few that I've received like that.

Just now, skinsfan0521 said:

I wouldn't generally care about the shipping label being on the "retail" box of a normal product if that box was sturdy enough for shipping. However, that's not the case with LEGO boxes. They're flimsy and get crushed and torn and have packaging tape ALL over them trying to fix the tears. At least, that's been my experience with the few that I've received like that.

I had a Technic Mobile Crane from Walmart arrive that way. Label right on the box and tape over the tears.

3 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

I wonder what percentage of people care about the shipping label being on the actual box? Are we in the vast minority? 

to me, it's more like a safety over box condition concern. don't want to deal with the theft claim or whatsoever. shipped with external box will at least prevent a bit

23 hours ago, minicoopers11 said:

I'm not sure why frustration free is even mentioned on these. That whole thing (frustration free) was started to gravitate away from annoying plastic clamshell packaging designed to prevent theft from physical stores.

All these sets that have the frustration free option were actually created with a new UPC just for it and were meant to come in those cool Lego shippers they created for each set.  That's why they are different options.  Unfortunately they don't always send that option.   

Example on 10257 showing both product numbers and UPC's .  Also why technically buying frustration free and selling under regular is actually not the correct item.

You can look up all the ones that have that option and they all have new item numbers / upc's associated with them.

10257.png

Edited by ravenb99

• 3 weeks later...