My order status

So, I didn't realize earlier that the "account suspended" was when you logged into Circle. Based on cladner's post above about getting Circle benefits, I logged into my circle account and see the "account suspended" notice.
But, I also placed another $500 order this morning and no issues.
I may actually send an email to the email address to unlock my circle account just to see what happens
Keep us posted...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cladner said:

i spent $5200K spread out over 17 orders. small orders.  large orders - 20x hospitals in 1 order.  i was ordering a lot early on.  i put my last orders in this morning.  everything has shipped.  quicker than i've ever seen target ship before.  i got $10 in circle benefits back which i was prompted to use on an order this morning so i did.  then i got an email with a coupon for an extra 10% off any one item instore on top of 5% red card. 

i think i want to have a baby with target.  :girlinlove:

Clad, I thought you were liquidating and moving on?? Target brought you back in? ;)

40 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Clad, I thought you were liquidating and moving on?? Target brought you back in? ;)

i am not part of the liquidating crew.  my wife would be pi$$ed if that lego cash flow stopped funding her SEP IRA.

based on my online toilet paper and lego purchase history, i think target assumes i run an orphanage or wizard academy which is why i am getting a pass on the whole Circle thing.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, cladner said:

i am not part of the liquidating crew.  my wife would be pi$$ed if that lego cash flow stopped funding her SEP IRA.

based on my online toilet paper and lego purchase history, i think target assumes i run an orphanage or wizard academy which is why i am getting a pass on the whole Circle thing.

???  Now, that's funny!

So did anyone actually have orders cancelled?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

All of mine were insta-cancelled, which has been happening since the last $10 gift card with $50 purchase sale. I placed four total orders, totaling 8 Hospitals and 8 Indoraptors. Nothing major by any means and certainly nothing that would raise a red flag, especially compared to others’ large orders.

I called CS right away and couldn’t get an answer. I was very polite and patient, but they kept sending me up the chain of supervisors. Nobody would give me an answer as to why my online orders get cancelled instantly for “technical reasons” according to the cancellation email. Keep in mind that my red card works perfectly fine in store. The third supervisor up the chain asked me to call back in a few hours (it was 630am central time on a Sunday when I called) when the next person in the chain would be in. I never called back.

After the call I added my wife’s name onto my account and placed orders in her name (same account # & shipping address). All of them went through and I’ve received shipping confirmations. 8 Hospitals & 8 Indoraptors are on the way.

I don’t know how my name has specifically been blacklisted and not my account # or address. It’s weird. Walmart does the same thing to me once in awhile. Sometimes my orders go through, and sometimes they get insta-cancelled. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It doesn’t matter how large or small the order is. I never buy more than 3-4 of any set in the same order any more.

Those of you placing huge orders, be careful, and enjoy it while it lasts. You’re playing with fire in my opinion.
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

All of mine were insta-cancelled, which has been happening since the last $10 gift card with $50 purchase sale. I placed four total orders, totaling 8 Hospitals and 8 Indoraptors. Nothing major by any means and certainly nothing that would raise a red flag, especially compared to others’ large orders.

I called CS right away and couldn’t get an answer. I was very polite and patient, but they kept sending me up the chain of supervisors. Nobody would give me an answer as to why my online orders get cancelled instantly for “technical reasons” according to the cancellation email. Keep in mind that my red card works perfectly fine in store. The third supervisor up the chain asked me to call back in a few hours (it was 630am central time on a Sunday when I called) when the next person in the chain would be in. I never called back.

After the call I added my wife’s name onto my account and placed orders in her name (same account # & shipping address). All of them went through and I’ve received shipping confirmations. 8 Hospitals & 8 Indoraptors are on the way.

I don’t know how my name has specifically been blacklisted and not my account # or address. It’s weird. Walmart does the same thing to me once in awhile. Sometimes my orders go through, and sometimes they get insta-cancelled. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It doesn’t matter how large or small the order is. I never buy more than 3-4 of any set in the same order any more.

Those of you placing huge orders, be careful, and enjoy it while it lasts. You’re playing with fire in my opinion.

Mine were insta-cancelled as well. When i called, was escalated multiple times and ultimately some lady said I could buy in store, but would no longer be able to purchase online. They couldn't state why. My gut is - the recent furniture purchases/multiple returns from the wife must have brought attention to the account - along with the previous $10gift card with $50 purchases.

I tried your trick with the name swap, but still 'technical reason' isnta-cancel. Was able to successfully get some orders via other family, but I think my address is banned - any other recommendations/tricks out there? 

I've apparently never paid attention, but does Target ship from store stock? I've got orders coming from tons of different places. Maybe it's different warehouses??

Store stock for me. Not all. I expect some of the larger sets will arrive with target security stickers. Smaller sets no sticker but probably some shelfwear depending on what store you get your stuff from.

• Thanks 1

My target account was instant cancel too..

Did they ban me? Anyone got this email and what's your solution?

We're sorry to inform you that we had to cancel your order xxxxxxxx. There was a technical issue that prevented us from fulfilling your order.

You have not been charged for the canceled items. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Edited by toni8284

My target account was instant cancel too..
Did they ban me? Anyone got this email and what's your solution?

We're sorry to inform you that we had to cancel your order xxxxxxxx. There was a technical issue that prevented us from fulfilling your order.

You have not been charged for the canceled items. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

What was your order history like if you dont mind sharing? Small orders..large orders..did you use the redcard..no redcard...?

Here's my beef with Target and the way some of you are being picked off... If they don't want people buying so many of the same thing, then put limits on it and review accounts that go over the limits.  

Not super difficult.  I rarely buy anything from Target so I have tried buying 20 of some sets in one purchase.  On one of them, they shipped 1 of the 20 which baffles me a little but we'll see what shows up in the end.  But if my orders get cancelled in the end, just saving me some time and effort on the backend which sometimes isn't the worse outcome either.

Edited by LegoMan1212
  • Like 1

What was your order history like if you dont mind sharing? Small orders..large orders..did you use the redcard..no redcard...?

I used red card for store pick up. Multiple orders for store pickup. And 2 online order about 10-20 qty (3 different sets).

I think maybe too many store pickup? When I go to store pickup, I asked them to cancel my order and I will pay using my target wallet with GC. Because for store pickup, if I use GC, it’s instant cancel. This happens couple months ago. I don’t know if anyone had this issue

I used red card for store pick up. Multiple orders for store pickup. And 2 online order about 10-20 qty (3 different sets).

I think maybe too many store pickup? When I go to store pickup, I asked them to cancel my order and I will pay using my target wallet with GC. Because for store pickup, if I use GC, it’s instant cancel. This happens couple months ago. I don’t know if anyone had this issue
Well. I'm sure you're not alone. This is the first time I can recall hearing about any type of ban or insta cancels from Target in a while, eventhough a lot of this sounds like it started last year with the gift card promotion. East coasters will probably chime in tomorrow morning. As well as the old folk on the west coast who are asleep by 8 :)

The insta-cancels are weird given my experience. I hit the GC promo hard last year with somewhere around 150-200 orders during the first week. During one of the later weeks, I started having orders cancelled, which was fine by me because that promo was a total PIA.

I then had a bunch of orders cancelled during the online clearance in mid-December, but that only lasted for a day before they started taking my orders again. Haven't had anything cancelled since and I haven't been trying to fly under the radar (1 x $15k & 1 x $5k order this week...both shipped) Also, this is on the same account that I've used since they killed all reseller accounts in May 2014 or 2015. I don't use Red Card for any purchases. Not sure why they've flagged you guys, but they are definitely not being as stringent as WM.

12 minutes ago, legorunner said:

I only ordered 2 Hospitals - 1 is out for delivery, the other one has a new estimated delivery of early November. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually gets cancelled, but if it does ship, that's a pretty long delay if Target isn't getting more stock of the Hospitals...

I ordered a bunch of stuff and also got a notice that a couple hospitals have a new delivery date of November 4th. I kinda hope they get canceled. If not, I would guess that they're getting resupplied with hospitals in the next 2 weeks. 

49 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I had a Lockwood Estate pushed back to Nov 5. I'm assuming that will be canceled. Target inventory system probably couldn't keep up with the orders and the stuff that is being pushed back will either be filled with returns or canceled.

I ended up with 1 Indoraptor and 4 Hospitals backordered. I'd really like to get them, but I'd also like to have them not restock.... it's a hell of an internal struggle! ?

IMO when it comes to Target, using Redcard is a must.  Also, probably having a history of using the Redcard for other purchases excluding Lego is also a good thing.  Kind of like a Citi Credit Card for Ticketmaster purchases; if you only use it to buy tickets, they will cancel your card for miss use within a year.  From my experience, Target will ship from all over the place(Dist Center, Stores etc...), especially if the item is nearing end of line or an exclusive.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, yukmeez said:

Mine were insta-cancelled as well. When i called, was escalated multiple times and ultimately some lady said I could buy in store, but would no longer be able to purchase online. They couldn't state why. My gut is - the recent furniture purchases/multiple returns from the wife must have brought attention to the account - along with the previous $10gift card with $50 purchases.

I tried your trick with the name swap, but still 'technical reason' isnta-cancel. Was able to successfully get some orders via other family, but I think my address is banned - any other recommendations/tricks out there? 

So I called CS today and after 30 mins on hold, I got the same explanation from the technical team. I can no longer able to purchase online but welcome to buy in store. Does this ban forever or temporarily?

Edited by toni8284

7 minutes ago, redcell said:

Redcard is a PIA because of credit limits and fraud alerts. I prefer Amex because they will let me buy all day long without triggering a fraud alert and have never imposed a limit that proved to be a hassle.

This x100.

My red card limit is $2k. What good is that??

I have high limits on Chase cards, bu they're hard limits. If I try to spend over my $50k limit on a chase card, it declines.

AMEX gives me a reasonable "limit" ($30k or so) and will let me spend as much as I want over that. I've had that card up to $75k balance before and never had an issue or a single declined charge. As long as I'm paying them off every month, they just keep letting me spend as much as I want to.