My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, danielbud13 said:

Hopefully Target doesn’t start sending RTS requests. 

That would be pretty lousy on their part.  They send you an email stating: "Good news! Your order #xxxxxx is on its way." Do they follow that up with"Bad news!  We just cancelled your order and are returning it to our warehouse."

1 minute ago, Mathew said:

That would be pretty lousy on their part.  They send you an email stating: "Good news! Your order #xxxxxx is on its way." Do they follow that up with"Bad news!  We just cancelled your order and are returning it to our warehouse."

Non-Lego related but I've had that happen a couple of times recently with some TV price mistakes from Samsung.

• Sad 1

For what it's worth, my DS is now backordered but the Boost is still pending.  The Death Star would have been cool to build but not a huge deal since I never truly had a desire to own it.  The Boost will be a last minute B-day present for my son so I'm hoping that still goes through.

9 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Easier to stomach 100 $10 postage cost returns than 100 $350 pricing errors.

Do you think they actually shipped 100 Death Stars at the $140 price?  Regardless unless someone says that Target has done a RTS before then I don't believe it .  I could see a smaller retailer but from past examples with Walmart and Amazon, once the order ships it's not coming back unless the customer sends it back.

Edited by Mathew

I know I'm talking to a brick wall here but I think more orders would go through if some people were less greedy.  When a supervisor or even warehouse picker sees a large ticket item being shipped in a large quantity to one individual it most likely raises a flag.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, danielbud13 said:

Well, it depends on how their warehousing system is built. If they have to manually go through and cancel orders then I can see it happening. It depends on numerous factors. Let’s hope not.

TRU did it last summer during their big gigantic price ooooopsy

4 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I know I'm talking to a brick wall here but I think more orders would go through if some people were less greedy.  When a supervisor or even warehouse picker sees a large ticket item being shipped in a large quantity to one individual it most likely raises a flag.

pun intended ? 

10 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Right. Been preaching this for years. Small orders.

Some just never listen. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

why go small when you can trade . there is always a sucker who will take anything 

You missed the point.  But I was thinking of doing a trade if the Death Star had shipped.  For example I really want the UCS Sandcrawler and I know a lot of resellers are sitting on them probably willing to let them go for around RRP.  I'd be willing to trade a $500 RRP DS for a $300 RRP Sandcrawler.  

4 minutes ago, Mathew said:

You missed the point.  But I was thinking of doing a trade if the Death Star had shipped.  For example I really want the UCS Sandcrawler and I know a lot of resellers are sitting on them probably willing to let them go for around RRP.  I'd be willing to trade a $500 RRP DS for a $300 RRP Sandcrawler.  

They're still close to MSRP on eBay and you could use the 15% off code.

18 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

They're still close to MSRP on eBay and you could use the 15% off code.

Oh I know.  I had one sitting in my cart during the 20% sale but couldn't pull the trigger.  Was thinking of doing a local trade as there seems to be a lot of resellers in the St. Louis metro area.