10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

I don't know if this is the right place but going to ask . Is it better to have a pet shop and fairground mixer for $240 vs $200 for ewok village . This is for long term hold.

I got both but wife says have to return one of the other.

Edited by siddji

1 hour ago, LegoBro said:

Would it be safe to say about 80 percent of us on here have at least 2 to 3 in the closet?

I had 7 last week. Now I have 5 cause I decided 2 had to go.

This will not be succes story. And we all know it. 

It is a cute set. But it will take a long time before this set will sell for nice profits. It will be the buyer who decides the price on this one. Not the seller.

• Like 1

I stopped a year and a half ago at 42 after the 3rd or 4th time that it showed the signals of potential retirement.  Some of my inventory was bought BEFORE the ban on exclusives discounts - $111.59 from Amazon in 2012 for example.  Most is from late 2014/early 2015.  Even for those getting in now, this thing is going to be horrible for investment and with the way this is shaking out I'll be happy with a 5% CAGR.

14 minutes ago, pcaster said:

I stopped a year and a half ago at 42 after the 3rd or 4th time that it showed the signals of potential retirement.  Some of my inventory was bought BEFORE the ban on exclusives discounts - $111.59 from Amazon in 2012 for example.  Most is from late 2014/early 2015.  Even for those getting in now, this thing is going to be horrible for investment and with the way this is shaking out I'll be happy with a 5% CAGR.

I don't know....people said the same thing for the GE and its at about double retail now.  These just might need a little extra time in the oven,

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, vincevaughn said:

I don't know....people said the same thing for the GE and its at about double retail now.  These just might need a little extra time in the oven,

Maybe less time as I don't think the PS got as much attention as the GE and it went more quickly after being tagged. Also some BPers aren't too keen on it compared to the GE. We just need the impstient sellers to offload first.

Guest TabbyBoy

This could be the most significant retiree in years. We should know within 6 months if the modular theme tanks for investing. I've taken a punt as I'll still offload for RRP (cash) in a year's time and make £18 per set on average. I think that the only tanking set of this size/type is the Simpsons House.

9 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

This could be the most significant retiree in years. We should know within 6 months if the modular theme tanks for investing. I've taken a punt as I'll still offload for RRP (cash) in a year's time and make £18 per set on average. I think that the only tanking set of this size/type is the Simpsons House.

Well... I think it might be a little bit too early to call the Simpsons House a dud. The only set that retired (and disappeared) in this theme is Simpsons minifigure series 1. And those are doing just fine.