10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Say what you will, but I'm pretty psyched about Pet Shop retiring.  I have so many plans for that 12 square feet of primo floor space.  It's like discovering a whole new secret room in your house.  Ok, more like a secret closet.  Still, I can't wait 'till the end of 2018 when I have these all sold off, have finally broken even on a 2014-15 investment, and can finally see the actual floorboards again...

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I´d call it common sense. Why would anyone give up an extra opportunity to sell when there is most demand? It´s sketchy enough whether this set will experience a post EOL bump so anything to shorten the odds helps.

I'm not saying it isn't a good plan.  I'm sure there are people with stacks of Sea Cows who are upset they didn't sell last year.  I'm just having a little fun in spite of all this European negativity today ?

9 hours ago, GhostDad said:

Say what you will, but I'm pretty psyched about Pet Shop retiring.  I have so many plans for that 12 square feet of primo floor space.  It's like discovering a whole new secret room in your house.  Ok, more like a secret closet.  Still, I can't wait 'till the end of 2018 when I have these all sold off, have finally broken even on a 2014-15 investment, and can finally see the actual floorboards again...

Are you talking about Pet Shop or Detective's Office? 

47 minutes ago, GhostDad said:

There's some good news here.  Some of those boxes are clearly too small for Pet Shops.  I'm thinking they're a combination of Ecto-1's, Pirates Chess sets, and a last shipment of Funhouse Escapes someone found in the janitor's closet.

No... the shipping boxes are smaller cause inside are the PS's with the new, smaller and more efficient boxes. So it is easier to send them to Smyth in the UK for example. ;)

Edited by Ciglione
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

No... the shipping boxes are smaller cause inside are the PS's with the new, smaller and more efficient boxes. So it is easier to send them to Smyth in the UK for example. ;)

This is the  95% scale model that will be launched in 2017 to fit Assembly Square base plate.

Brexit is going to be awesome.  Some actual democracy happens, and the elites all freak out.  "What the hell?  Who let the people vote on something that was actually affecting their lives?!  Obviously the UK benefits from unlimited EU immigration that it's treaty-bound to accept, especially with the EU's currently wide open borders!"  I'd say that watching those votes come in on CNN reminded me of Braveheart, except all the Scots voted to Bremain.  I pity the poor ghost of William Wallace.

• Like 1

Brexit is going to be awesome.  Some actual democracy happens, and the elites all freak out.  "What the hell?  Who let the people vote on something that was actually affecting their lives?!  Obviously the UK benefits from unlimited EU immigration that it's treaty-bound to accept, especially with the EU's currently wide open borders!"  I'd say that watching those votes come in on CNN reminded me of Braveheart, except all the Scots voted to Bremain.  I pity the poor ghost of William Wallace.

Obviously you don't know what you talking about.
  • Like 7