10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Haay said:

The PS I ordered on October 23rd was fulfilled yesterday on October 31st. Now it's back to Back Order, with shipping by November 10th...

Just a shame that it hasn't had an impact on eBay sold prices yet. I expect performance to be a bit worse than the GE and so-on as the modulars get hoarded more. It's too big a box to hold long term so I now only buy these to collect. The Assembly Square maybe an exception since it's a special set that may have a short life since it's "only" for the 10th anniversary.

Let's not get more unsubstantiated rumors started with another set. There's no indication that Assembly Square will be limited in any way. All they said is that they're celebrating the 10th anniversary of modulars by making this larger set. Nothing about the packaging or anything else indicates a short production run. 

• Like 5

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Let's not get more unsubstantiated rumors started with another set. There's no indication that Assembly Square will be limited in any way. All they said is that they're celebrating the 10th anniversary of modulars by making this larger set. Nothing about the packaging or anything else indicates a short production run. 

Sorry, I was "thinking outside the box" and did say "maybe" and "may". Perhaps we should have a "starting a rumour (rumor)" thread? ;-) Is is about time that LEGO released a special limited edition set.

20 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

If it doesn´t sell well then it will be a limited edition like Townhall.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Just a shame that it hasn't had an impact on eBay sold prices yet. I expect performance to be a bit worse than the GE and so-on as the modulars get hoarded more. It's too big a box to hold long term so I now only buy these to collect. The Assembly Square maybe an exception since it's a special set that may have a short life since it's "only" for the 10th anniversary.

You only bought PS to collect ? Any for resale ?

Guest TabbyBoy
Just now, king156 said:

You only bought PS to collect ? Any for resale ?

I already had 6 boxed up ready to ship when the time comes and bought another last month to build during 2xVIP and London Bus. I'm not comfortable going in big on modulars again.

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

If it doesn´t sell well then it will be a limited edition like Townhall.

We can only hope so. I'm going to do my little "stock test" at TRU and John Lewis to see how well these sell. If it's a very slow mover, I could go in big once the real rumours start.

Guest TabbyBoy
55 minutes ago, king156 said:

Most of you sets are under £50 then would you say Tabby ?

If you mean Pet Shops, I paid about £85 on average for each one. If you mean me paying £50 for most of my other sets, you're not far off.

57 minutes ago, Contrails said:

Plenty of Pet Shops in Manchester Arndale store. In fact all the retiring sets were available. 

I suppose there would be at RRP, at least the retailers with lower prices are running dry.

6 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

If you mean Pet Shops, I paid about £85 on average for each one. If you mean me paying £50 for most of my other sets, you're not far off.

I suppose there would be at RRP, at least the retailers with lower prices are running dry.

I hope Smyths haven't decided to load up on these like the Tumbler.

Hey Tabby, you like my new profile pic? haha

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

I hope Smyths haven't decided to load up on these like the Tumbler.

Wow, you have a Tabby too?

It's not only Smyths as TRU also load up. If they have a low enough wholesale price, they may as well milk it. It makes me wonder what Tesco pay.

Guest TabbyBoy

15 minutes ago, TigerG said:

Updated my profile pic too ;-) There seems to be a common theme here - we should investigate the correlation between cats and lego investing ...

Yeah, anybody that wasn't brave enough to buy 10188 Death Stars in quantity is a [no need for that language].

Edited by TabbyBoy

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Wow £85 for PS not bad, been paying about £99.99 lol, would buy them all day long @ 85

2 hours ago, tractorboy said:

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Wow, you have a Tabby too?

1 hour ago, TigerG said:

Updated my profile pic too ;-) There seems to be a common theme here - we should investigate the correlation between cats and lego investing ...

Hi guys, am I late to the party? Double tabby trouble here! ;) 

Edited by Wildemar
  • Like 1