10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

The saddest part is that most of us bought our stock under the assumption that discounts on exclusives would be far and few between. Now anyone can swoop in when the retiring soon flag pops up on a set and get a better buy in and free holiday promos. It's just another nail in the coffin on investing in Lego exclusives.

• Like 6

On 26-11-2016 at 2:36 AM, TabbyBoy said:

Maybe less time as I don't think the PS got as much attention as the GE and it went more quickly after being tagged. Also some BPers aren't too keen on it compared to the GE. We just need the impstient sellers to offload first.

Ge is a far better built and interior design. Ps sigh... I have too many

25 minutes ago, pete411 said:

The saddest part is that most of us bought our stock under the assumption that discounts on exclusives would be far and few between. Now anyone can swoop in when the retiring soon flag pops up on a set and get a better buy in and free holiday promos. It's just another nail in the coffin on investing in Lego exclusives.

Correct. PS at 120e just last week ... I didn t buy any... Same goes for T1

7 hours ago, Ciglione said:

please explain your statement.

Greater fools game

2 hours ago, Crustybeaver said:

I would very surprised if the Petshop doesn't perform like almost every other 2016 retirement.... poorly

I m still optimistic about a couple of the 2016 class

On 28-11-2016 at 5:36 PM, Ciglione said:

You are old news from 2014 like Mom and Pop. I have no Lone Ranger in stock anymore. And except for ToO also no Lord of the Rings.

Both were doublers for me. Ps will be cagr of 3

1 minute ago, pete411 said:

That´s how the market evolves. First we had discounts, then we didn´t, now we do again. There was a time people held out and sets appreciated, now people are dumping at RRP or below for 2xVIP or to get freebies.

1 hour ago, pete411 said:

This! Bought so many PS at MSRP ages ago. Makes me almost as sad as my stack of Exo-Suits. 

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, MathBuilder said:

This! Bought so many PS at MSRP ages ago. Makes me almost as sad as my stack of Exo-Suits. 

The PS will still reach RRP, the Exo Suits won't.

3 minutes ago, kurnitb said:

I am pretty sure that they will definitely sell if you hold them long enough, :)

Agreed.  I recently came out of the Dark Ages (about March 2016) and the Exo-Suits was one of the first retired sets I purchased (nostalgic reasons - which is why I'm surprised it's such a poor performer), soon followed by various modulars (my passion).

Something about the Petshop. This set makes you want to purchase more than one for your city landscape. The problem I see is will most people want to purchase more than one at 200 to 300 dollars each or more? I don't see it..but who knows. Maybe bundling multiples and saving on shipping may be the way to go on this.

Edited by LegoBro

Something about the Petshop. this set makes you want to purchase more than one for your city landscape. The problem I see is will most people want to purchase more than one at 200 to 300 dollars each or more? I don't see it..but who knows. Maybe bundling multiples and saving on shipping may be the way to go on this.

The advantage of this set is the fact it is two separate buildings and can easily be built in mirror design for added flexibility in your town.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LegoBro said:

Something about the Petshop. This set makes you want to purchase more than one for your city landscape. The problem I see is will most people want to purchase more than one at 200 to 300 dollars each or more? I don't see it..but who knows. Maybe bundling multiples and saving on shipping may be the way to go on this.

Buy 2 PS, get one free. Sounds like a super deal for us resellers.

Guest TabbyBoy
15 hours ago, MathBuilder said:

Seriously guys stop buying PS or LEGO might make yet another run come January... 

They're out the Town House next year with a pet shop nextdoor! Set number 70218.

22 hours ago, pete411 said:

Lol. This is true for many. Not for me. BUT....I bought my first of these back in 2012 (lol). Got that awesome Amazon reminder banner when I bought one recently with the free Gund bear...."You last purchased this item in 2012..." UGH! ;) 

• Like 3