10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

39 minutes ago, GregP said:

I swear this was listed as a retired product on Lego SaH yesterday.

Available again now. Obviously found another batch at the back of warehouse

Wish I would have seen this earlier. I just received mine today and the box is all banged up. I would have exchanged mine in that short window!

At last! Listed as retired here in Europe in the morning!  I order champagne. And after 2 hours they change in "Out of stock" .   What the ......    I am thinking now that  they will produce more for Christmas !!!  Lego wake up!!!!!!!  This is a self desrtuction....

3 minutes ago, kos999 said:

At last! Listed as retired here in Europe in the morning!  I order champagne. And after 2 hours they change in "Out of stock" .   What the ......    I am thinking now that  they will produce more for Christmas !!!  Lego wake up!!!!!!!  This is a self desrtuction....

No, it is retired. There was some final stock because some of us have not realized their invoices... 

Guest TabbyBoy

John Lewis in Reading may have 5 in stock soon as I returned mine this morning. I no longer have faith in this set so they just had to go back. I now avoid modulars as well as Star Wars, flipping discounted sets WITH a 3-for-2 offer is the only sure thing these days.

Went to my local Lego store today and noticed that there were no pet shops there. Didnt see the new DS either but saw the display for it.ImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1481128169.760182.jpg
Ugh!
Another shocker was seeing EV discounted by fifty dollars! This must be a really bad seller for Lego. I have never seen a big set like that discounted. Also the Porsche 911 is very impressive looking in person.

Guess I have been living in a cave for a while that I didn't notice all of this before.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Yes. You don't like star wars. We get it. :)

I absolutely adore Star Wars but, not the latest half-arsed merchandise.

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

John Lewis in Reading may have 5 in stock soon as I returned mine this morning. I no longer have faith in this set so they just had to go back. I now avoid modulars as well as Star Wars, flipping discounted sets WITH a 3-for-2 offer is the only sure thing these days.

Isn't this a self fulfilling prophecy.Set out of retirement briefly because reseller returns sets, in response another reseller returns sets to retailer. Then remaining resellers complain that is still available and think about returning theirs?

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
58 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Isn't this a self fulfilling prophecy.Set out of retirement briefly because reseller returns sets, in response another reseller returns sets to retailer. Then remaining resellers complain that is still available and think about returning theirs?

If you say so. I've changed my strategy and I now "think outside the box" with regards to what I invest in. I just no longer follow the rest of the sheep. Don't get me wrong, I love most LEGO sets but, not for making money. It's time for me to take a back seat.

4 hours ago, kurnitb said:

They're manufacturing more for this forum for sure. :). How very thoughtful and kind of them for those who missed out in getting twenty, :)))

Corrected that for you

12 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

If you say so. I've changed my strategy and I now "think outside the box" with regards to what I invest in. I just no longer follow the rest of the sheep. Don't get me wrong, I love most LEGO sets but, not for making money. It's time for me to take a back seat.

Until the next 3-4-2, admit it Tabby you've retired from the game more times than Michael Jordan.

• Like 6

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Crustybeaver said:

Corrected that for you

Until the next 3-4-2, admit it Tabby you've retired from the game more times than Michael Jordan.

LOL. I actually DID NOT bother picking up my last Tesco 3-for-2 order (Airports, Bulldozers & Deep Sea Subs) as I'm in the process buying a business to hopefully start running in March and that has to be my primary focus. After looking at the books on this business, LEGO reselling just isn't feasible. Tempted by 4 Pet Shops at RRP? ;-)