10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

This will be the first modular to go I think.  I had my fill when I was first told that these were going first.

This is the friend at Legoland that also said the Campervan will be sticking around for another year and a half right? I don't know if he genuinely has inside info but it's still pretty decent of you to share it with everyone on this site. What's your honest opinion on the likelihood he genuinely is in the loop?

Guest TabbyBoy

This is the friend at Legoland that also said the Campervan will be sticking around for another year and a half right? I don't know if he genuinely has inside info but it's still pretty decent of you to share it with everyone on this site. What's your honest opinion on the likelihood he genuinely is in the loop?

TBH... it's difficult to say but they're not the sort of person to feed me BS. If the PS does go early, I may ne tempted to pass them a few quid ;-)

This is an epic seller and epic set. The TH is a retail shelf space killer with slow sales. The PS is a heavyweight for TLG. If this is gone within the foreseeable future,it would be very surprising.

I dunno. You kinda read like a pet shop homer or maybe upset at missing the town hall (if you did). None of us know which sets are slow sellers except maybe when visiting Walmart since dust sometimes collects.

Actually, I think most exclusive sets are epic sellers for Lego especially since other retailers don't discount anymore. Nice markups.

I have 6 Town Halls. Will pick up four more to make my goal, from B&M stores, as they are still receiving TH shipments. Am good to go there, but thank you for your literary critique and insinuation.

I do nearly all my purchasing from multiple Lego stores in Southern California (6 total) and two in Arizona, and though it is the often-critiqued "heard it from a store employee" - I see these folks nearly weekly and have a good pulse on what is happening, at least, in the stores. The managers of these stores speak very highly of PS sales, and speak about the slow-movement of the TH. Three managers that I highly trust and respect feel this is the very basic reason for the TH retiring out of order. It takes up a lot of shelf space. It is expensive. It isn't selling nearly as much as the other modulars. That is the basis of my opinion. I know nothing of internet sales and trends; My opinion of what is happening at Lego B&M's is qualified.

Until six weeks ago, in the B&M stores, the TH was still warming shelves, as it has done for a long time. The PS has been a consistent seller. More so than PC still, less so than PR.

• Like 1

"Consistent seller" does not equal "epic seller" or "epic set" in my opinion.  I just think your first post was laying on the praise for PS a little too much.  Comparing it to the TH, which could be retiring early due to slow sales, is not exactly the best way to make your case for this being a "heavyweight" for LEGO.

• Like 1