10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

My hunch is that it will be around for a while longer.

We can notice that the new modular and the 3in1 creator houses are split in two buildings.

It would have some sense to see the pet shop stay one year longer than usually (one/two years more for the PS, one/two years less for the TH). The pet shop will fit nicely with the detective's office. I think that have to be considered.

Will it be sold out next month ? Or on Xmas 2016 ? Everything is possible now.

Pet shop.. I need more of these, just in case. The next VIP promotion at LEGO Shop at Home I will stock some more of these. I just don't trust it, it is gone at almost every retailer here in Holland.

What set is the one to focus on now? My underbelly feelings says that the TB is also an important set to focus on the following months. After the chaos with the TH, I find it difficult to picture clears target at the moment. Oh well.. just stock up those no-brainers when the discount is appropriate. 

Pet shop.. I need more of these, just in case. The next VIP promotion at LEGO Shop at Home I will stock some more of these. I just don't trust it, it is gone at almost every retailer here in Holland.

What set is the one to focus on now? My underbelly feelings says that the TB is also an important set to focus on the following months. After the chaos with the TH, I find it difficult to picture clears target at the moment. Oh well.. just stock up those no-brainers when the discount is appropriate. 

Explain "more"...

I also do not trust the PS will be around for much longer. I have my projected quantity. I will only buy if they are at below 120 euro. I guess this will not happen anymore.

Follow your gut and stock-up. At this pace of EOL-ing it is hard to keep up. TB is a very nice set that you should not miss.

After recently building both the Pet Shop and Town Hall, I would have to say that the Pet Shop is my least favorite Modular next to the Market Street. The Pet Shop really is subpar and needs to be replaced. Very boring and basic. A good filler set.

I started review on this. According to the guy from brickshow, it was his favorite. I was starting to doubt my findings about it.

I started review on this. According to the guy from brickshow, it was his favorite. I was starting to doubt my findings about it.

This video ?

It was his favorite when it was the last set to be released (so he was a little warmed up), 3 years ago.

(he is also extatic when he reviews mega bloks sets ! :mosking: )

I quite like it, though I haven't built one. I like the split design. Presumably it's been a decent seller too.

Don't get me wrong, the Pet Shop is still a great set, but it is too small and the split design is unpractical IMO. There is a lack of detail in the interior and overall the set is dwarfed by the Town Hall and Grand Emporium.

On a box, the set looks better to be quite honest, but when compared to its more ornate and unique Modular companions in person, it underperforms.

I totally disagree... I think the Pet Shop is really nice. It is smaller than the Town Hall and Grand Emporium, yes. But that is why I place them as stand alone buildings. Town Halls are mostly stand alones in a city. Grand Emporium I will put two next to eachother as a kind of Harrod's. I think Pet Shop can nicely be combined with the Detective Bureau. Or in between of the Palace Cinema and the Parisian Restaurant.

I think it looks boring too but every building can't be epic. A street needs some brownstone type units... People love this set because it has PET in the name. Pet, vet, or horses slapped on there is going to add sales even beyond friends sets. I think this set does pretty good, my lego store said they sell a lot. 

Personally I wish it was a shelter and not a shop.