10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

I don't think it will be gone until next year this time at the soonest. Confirmation bias will skew outlooks for a while, since it looks like there are about to be a huge number of serious retirements, out of the supposed order none the less. We still may get 3-5 year lifetimes on some big sets.

What may influence the retirement of the PS is that the nice, clean cut PS minifigs want nothing to do with the sleazy, bootlegging DO guys.  Put those two sets side by side, and the PS folks would be calling Bad Cop ten times a day, complaining about all the 'candy' smuggling next door....

• Like 1

Per the conversation I had with a customer service rep at lego is that the eol date on this one isn't till 2016.  Of course, anything can happen.  My hunch is that it will be around for a while longer.  It will be interesting to see.

I have the same hunch - another six months of easy availability at least, then sometime late next year it goes GE on us. Six months after no one has seen one at retail (aka 2016), they can slap "retired" on it.

What will be interesting to see is if PC goes at the same time... my impression so far is that it isn't highly horded yet.

Guest TabbyBoy

All this talk and no modular has yet been retired since the FB. For all we know, LEGO are having production issues and GE, TH, etc. are back on the shelves and eBay buyers will be returning them. Too risky for me so I wait for "The Tag" before selling. There appears to me more sold out and delayed shipments this year than normal for my liking.

All this talk and no modular has yet been retired since the FB. For all we know, LEGO are having production issues and GE, TH, etc. are back on the shelves and eBay buyers will be returning them. Too risky for me so I wait for "The Tag" before selling. There appears to me more sold out and delayed shipments this year than normal for my liking.

Oh well, nothing lasts forever. Sooner or later every set will retire, even the DS ;-)

Lego brings back TH and GE? Nice, I will buy even more of it. Seal codes of PS are indeed fresh and recent, but does this mean that it won't go EOL? In my humble opinion it is the last batch, purely for Lego LEGO Shop at Home. I even have HH seal codes from October this year (the last batch up till this moment).. a seal code only gives information there is new stock, but does say nothing about EOL, just information there is probably some time to pick up some now you can.

Furthermore I agree with your point: Lego can disrupt everything as long as that 'retired product' label is not attached. Even then they still have the power to bring back a set.. that's the biggest risk of Lego investing in my opinion.

Edited by JM123

North Korea finds the Lego Pet Shop offensive. Claims the build instructions are too similar to the Parisian Restaurant. Demands retirement. Hackers release TLG emails exposing contempt over 21110 supporters. TLG capitulates and pulls 10218 claiming they had no choice.

In other news, North Korea spikes the ebay price of 10226 by buying hundreds of the sets to create an Air Force capable of a Japanese invasion. Later, the head of the North Korean's Ministry of Auction Site Acquisitions was executed for incompetence. The ministry later flooded the market with listings of 10226 while acquiring any 10221 they could find under $800.

• Like 2

This set is only available at lego shop @ home here in The Netherlands. No toyshop or reseller has this one in stock. I called a few stores with the question when they get it back in store and non of them knew if they would get any and one said he was sure he wouldn't get any.

How's the stock in the UK or USA or other countries?

This set is only available at lego shop @ home here in The Netherlands. No toyshop or reseller has this one in stock. I called a few stores with the question when they get it back in store and non of them knew if they would get any and one said he was sure he wouldn't get any.

How's the stock in the UK or USA or other countries?

OOS at all retailers in US except for shop at home now for almost a month except for a few brief appearances at amazon.

i have been foolishly buying these 2 per month now for 6 months even though consensus is no chance it will retire anytime soon and will be very unpopular post EOL because of how short, stocky and generally uninspired design.  its the george costanza of modulars.

George_Costanza.jpg

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1