10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

But Target has also raised the price?...

I'm sure you all know better than I (still a newbie).  I hadn't hit limit 5 at LEGO Shop at Home yet, and had some VIP points racked up anyway so I just ordered 2 more (to bring me to 4 from Lego direct).  Maybe I'll miss out on some double VIP, or some free Xmas promo or something... but I'm just taking your "usual" advice emazers: "if you want it, and you have the money, buy now."

I'm comfortable with my 16 PS.  The problem is, when the 'memo' goes out on BP that the set is sold out on LEGO Shop at Home or something, and this happens while you are asleep or at work, the horde will devour all remaining stock before you get a chance to get in on the feeding frenzy.  SSD went from limit 5 straight to 'temporarily out of stock' to... well, you know the rest.

So... the old salts, they say she's not going EOL this year.  And when it goes OOS at Lego?... I wonder how many here will be dumping theirs at $230 for an easy Xmas flip, because they "know" they can restock in January / February?

Look over in the detective agency thread...

Someone who some people listen to called someone's plan about GE, TH and PS all retiring "logical"

I am not saying that was a cryptic message of their thought.

But not sure all old salts agree.

Thats right if you have the money get the Exclusive sets when you can, I been buying a Pet Shop now and then, and for Lego to retire the PS along with the TH,GE by the end of the year would be a shocker to Investors who have not been getting a few of these in the last couple years.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've been buying a lot of these when I see them at -20% or less.  I still have a lot of faith in this set post EOL and it's one that I've not missed the boat on.

Guest TabbyBoy

Smyths toy shop does the occassional 20% off and sells the Pet Shop and a few other exclusives. Got my PS at 20% off anumbers of weeks ago.

Yep, Smyths Toys and the occasional one from Amazon whe the price drops to <