10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

This set is only available at lego shop @ home here in The Netherlands. No toyshop or reseller has this one in stock. I called a few stores with the question when they get it back in store and non of them knew if they would get any and one said he was sure he wouldn't get any.

How's the stock in the UK or USA or other countries?

This reseller still has some in stock. 

Do you think it will do well like other modulars or is this the less popular one.

Not a reason not to buy but....

its less loved than other modulars but is still an interesting build and modular theme is made for completists.

it will make money.

the only thing going against it retiring soon is it is still limit 5 purchase at shop at home and also several brickpickers who seem to possess special knowledge have emphasized on more than one occasion that this set is not done.

seems like they usually cut the limit down to 2 when something is retiring.

that being said, modulars are a core investment theme for me and i don't want to be stuck F5'ing and not making my goal when the time comes.

Edited by cladner

its less loved than other modulars but is still an interesting build and modular theme is made for completists.

it will make money.

the only thing going against it retiring soon is it is still limit 5 purchase at shop at home and also several brickpickers who seem to possess special knowledge have emphasized on more than one occasion that this set is not done.

seems like they usually cut the limit down to 2 when something is retiring.

that being said, modulars are a core investment theme for me and i don't want to be stuck F5'ing and not making my goal when the time comes.

Was Town Hall also not less loved till a couple of months ago? 

• Like 1

Do you think it will do well like other modulars or is this the less popular one.

Not a reason not to buy but....

If it's sold out everywhere in the incoming weeks, for some reasons I would say as good as the fire brigade. So like ciglione said, good (but not "spectacular" like the town hall). Still better than the (hoarded) GE.

My 0.02cts

Edited by biniou

I think if more people built the Pet Shop along with some of the other modular building sets, they would understand.

Exactly.  The Pet Shop, when placed next to the other Modulars...disappears.  It is much smaller and almost looks out of scale.  Sorry, this set might be better looking than Market Street, but it is a disappointment IMO.  I am not saying that it will be a bad investment, just that it will not be as popular as the others.  

• Like 1

I wanted to exchange mine today that I got at LEGO Shop at Home, since it came with a smooshed corner but the four in store were also in questionable condition. Some of the stickers looked really loose too, I think from shipping, not from someone peeling it, but still. Guess I'll hang on to mine for now.

I have built the Palace Cinema, the Parisian Restaurant, and the Pet shop.  The Pet shop is definitely my favorite and goes well with the other modulars. I am looking forward to building the Detectives Office to complete my block.  The flower cart will go great with all of the sets.