10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Keep in mind that Target pricing is not a reliable indicator (or, wording , differently, it is reliable indicator of scarcity, at the moment). It only reflects picture of availability. Ecto-1 was up-priced when there was no stock (yet) anywhere besides Target and LEGO Shop at Home, and then got repriced back to MSRP. Exo-suit is still up-priced at Target.

Well I just went from 1 to 5 on PS.  I was going to anyways but several places are out of stock better safe than sorry.

I hope nobody is buying them at Target prices.. yet.. 

Oops, looks like you are right - I stand corrected.

Yea, this one caught me by surprise when it happened because I have been buying them along with TH regularly. I almost made it through checkout with one before I realized it. The Target party is over for my PS and TH buying. So sad..

When I look at the Grand emporium, Pet shop and Town hall, to me they look so oldish compared to the Palace cinema and the Parisian restaurant...

When I read "the PS will retire in january with the GE" it didn't make sense because the TH was still here with it's brown and grey brick and old (lego) design.

The inside is so poor, too.

But when some guys said that, maybe, the three of them will retire at the same time, suddenly it made my mind blow. I still think the modulars will follow the classic 1 set / 1 year retirement model, but I don't know why... I also think it's possible to see those three suddenly disappear. Is the investor part of me who wishes it can be true ? Or is it the builder part, thinking that those sets look quite old fashionned ?

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

Posted Today, 08:53 PM

When I look at the Grand emporium, Pet shop and Town hall, to me they look so oldish compared to the Palace cinema and the Parisian restaurant...

When I read "the PS will retire in january with the GE" it didn't make sense because the TH was still here with it's brown and grey brick and old (lego) design.

The inside is so poor, too.

But when some guys said that, maybe, the three of them will retire at the same time, suddenly it made my mind blow. I still think the modulars will follow the classic 1 set / 1 year retirement model, but I don't know why... I also think it's possible to see those three suddenly disappear. Is the investor part of me who wishes it can be true ? Or is it the builder part, thinking that those sets look quite old fashionned ?

It's the investor part, the builder part in you still urges for them ;-)

Old fashioned is cool and it gives a city that charm we all love so much. A certain beaut

Edited by Locutus001

Perhaps TH will retire after GE and PS. Jan 1 2015, GE at 12:00:00, PS at 12:00:03 and TH at 12:00:06.

To quote Lillian from Bridesmaids..."ITS HAPPENING"

Speaking of it's happening.......

"It's Happening Again."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2782540/Twin-Peaks-creator-David-Lynch-confirms-rumours-classic-set-return-cryptic-tweet.html

Oh, Happy Day!

• Like 1

The fat man walks alone....I repeat. The fat man walks alone.

The fat man walks alone... hmmm the biggest modular building that can be used stand alone. TOWN HALL is done, Mr Mack said so!!

on topic: Still plenty of stock in plenty of shops online and b&m for Pet Shop

Edited by Neosphinx

I hope that fondkick will not be upset if I add some more informations to his post.

He's talking about that (we were talking about exlusives through PM):

produc10.jpg

How is stock in France of Pet Shop?

As stated before he has checked on the US LEGO Shop at Home.

So for France, it's the same as in Belgium. ^^ These are only "hard to find" (which means nothing).

But if you meant "in physical stores", well... as for me, I never went to any lego stores (too far from my house), but in the last months I visited... let's say about... I don't know, maybe 20 or 30 toy shops,  I saw: only 1 pet shop (I was surprised to see it on a shelf), some GE in 20% of the toy shops, 0 TH (!!!), many Horizon Express in about 30% of shops, lots of P Cinema in 75% of the toy shops, and some P Restaurant in 50% of the toy shops I visited. So if a set stands on a shelf for more than 2 years, it has to get out. But I'm sure it means nothing overall, because most of the modulars seem to be sold online. I think that they are too much expensive and "designed for adults" to be sold in toy shops, along with TMNT and Friends sets.

Edited by biniou

I hope that fondkick will not be upset if I add some more informations to his post.

He's talking about that (we were talking about exlusives through PM):

produc10.jpg

As stated before he has checked on the US LEGO Shop at Home.

So for France, it's the same as in Belgium. ^^ These are only "hard to find" (which means nothing).

But if you meant "in physical stores", well... as for me, I never went to any lego stores (too far from my house), but in the last months I visited... let's say about... I don't know, maybe 20 or 30 toy shops,  I saw: only 1 pet shop (I was surprised to see it on a shelf), some GE in 20% of the toy shops, 0 TH (!!!), many Horizon Express in about 30% of shops, lots of P Cinema in 75% of the toy shops, and some P Restaurant in 50% of the toy shops I visited. So if a set stands on a shelf for more than 2 years, it has to get out. But I'm sure it means nothing overall, because most of the modulars seem to be sold online. I think that they are too much expensive and "designed for adults" to be sold in toy shops, along with TMNT and Friends sets.

Yup, I thought so.

Didn't only mean physical stores, but other large or medium online retailers too. I'm not too surprised that you didn't find so much PS in physical stores. I noted too that in B&M shops, they only put 1 or 2 or a set on the shelves. I assume you are correct with selling of modulars online. Toyshops are still regarded for as for children so thhey put as you say more Lego playsets.

Didn't only mean physical stores, but other large or medium online retailers too.

About online retailers in France:

- Pet shop, Town ****, Palace C, : available in lots of online shops at MSRP.

- Parisian R: available everywhere at MSRP.

(no deals for those sets, as always)

- *** Emporium: available in lots of online shops (same retailers as above), sometimes at MSRP... sometimes 10

- *** Emporium: available in lots of online shops (same retailers as above), sometimes at MSRP... sometimes 10

and in UK,

Town Hall and Grand Emporium are available from John Lewis

Pet Shop is available from Smyths.

All modulars in stock and available now, inc. on Lego shop site.

but it's nice to have the US info, so we have more time to get stuff before it just vanishes.

Or it's just the other way around, there's time enough for the US because it will be availeble soon just like here in Europe.