Future sets, themes, or licenses you would like to see

I'm not a treky (haven't even seen a single movie) but Star Trek would be a huge line with so many options. And definitely James Bond! Who wouldn't want a P. Galore minifigure!?

A lot of the sets people are being done by other companies already.

Walking Dead: McFarlane Toys

Scooby Doo: Cobi

Hello Kitty: Mega Blocks

Star Trek: Kre-O

Some of those, like Star Trek and Scooby Doo should have been a no-brainer for Lego to snag the license for.

Actually, I think video game icons might be a fun theme. How many people would get a 3-D Mario set if they were able? A miniature HALO sculpture replica like the one they have up in gaming stores, but one that you build yourself? I'd buy every ship and character from the Mass Effect series. There are a lot of tie-in possibilities without needing to go super dark. No parent will ever buy their child a Grand Theft Auto-themed set.

Correction: no RESPONSIBLE parent with good judgement...

• 3 weeks later...

We've already got the DeLorean and Ecto-1, but what about some more classic TV/Movie cars

A-Team Van

KITT (Knight Rider)

The General Lee

Mad Max?

There are so many to choose from

Oh man, what a great idea. UCS KITT with a special light brick in the front would get my money instantly. General Lee "Bridge is Out" jump with a police car would be awesome. 

We've already got the DeLorean and Ecto-1, but what about some more classic TV/Movie cars

A-Team Van

KITT (Knight Rider)

The General Lee

Mad Max?

There are so many to choose from

The A-Team van would be my choice for sure. That would be bada$$. What about Magnum P.I.'s Ferrari? That would be cool too. I love all that 80's stuff.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would also get a kick out of military-themed sets. Jets, bombers, ships, helicopters, and mini-figs from countries around the world. I want an Apache or A-10 hanging from my ceiling.

Absolutely this! The model opportunities are significant, even just across a given era of military history, then by aircraft, vehicles, boats, etc. Also, the opportunities for detailed replicas, vs. play sets.

When I was a kid I made cross-section models of sailing ships and submarines. Imagine if you could get detailed sets of the USS Constitution, or HMS Victory, or a WW2 submarine or tank, with cross-section views!

It's not like Lego is shy about themes with inherent violence, so that's not an excuse.

I would love to see a 'DUNE' run. Ornithopters, Sandworms, Spice Harvesters, Seitch playsets, awesome minifigs with the completely blue eyes, Baron Harkkonen and his flying suit, Oh man. Such a great series. 

IMO it would translate well into LEGO, just not sure if it is popular enough with the younger generations to support it. 

• Like 1

Absolutely this! The model opportunities are significant, even just across a given era of military history, then by aircraft, vehicles, boats, etc. Also, the opportunities for detailed replicas, vs. play sets.

When I was a kid I made cross-section models of sailing ships and submarines. Imagine if you could get detailed sets of the USS Constitution, or HMS Victory, or a WW2 submarine or tank, with cross-section views!

It's not like Lego is shy about themes with inherent violence, so that's not an excuse.

I would love to have a Warthog! Favorite modern fighter by far! 

• Like 1

Yup, mine too! It says a lot about a plane (aka the titanium tub) that can still do battle with a quarter of its wings missing while running on one engine.

No doubt! It's a bad mama jama!

You ask our boys (and girls) what bird they'd like to see most when the bad guys have them pinned down good.

10/10 times it's the hog!

What I wouldn't give to let that 30MM rip....

I want want want this:

A City set with a zoo theme.

Big $100 zoo set

Smaller sets could be:

Reptile house

Monkey house

African savanna (another big set)

Merry go round

Gift shop

Zoo train

Petting zoo

Could even have real small sets for:

Hotdog stand

Popcorn cart

Animal packs until you run out

This is a city theme that they could retire sets as they introduce new animals. If they relaunch things every few years like a monkey house have different monkeys and drive the value of the old sets

The kids love the animals and try to make their own zoo stuff we just don't have enough

• Like 3