9526 - Palpatine's Arrest

mahler24

And don't forget that it coincides with the TRU credit card 8 points (4 points without card) per dollar on Wednesdays promotion. That means that for $60 you can get a $10 gift card (with coupon) and $4.80 in points. Seems like a good deal to me. If I am by a TRU, I will stop in and get 1, but I probably won't go too far out of my way.

It's a kids playset with a tiny excuse for a spaceship to go with it where the only redeeming feature is the minifigures.

Never?

I like the playsets honestly - they do it for me. Its weird, but a lot of others don't at all. I don't play with them (much) but I really like how you can display them in different ways.

Do agree the ship is not great.

I do in fact want every Star Wars set ever made. I can't not like them for some reason. I built the Sith Nightspeeder the other day. Its awful - but it looks kinda cool. Of course I will be smart about what I pay for these sets, but I want them all.

People like me are probably the reason TLG pumps out 40 Star Wars sets a year. Although I feel like most of the ones the year have been high quality.

That's a decent discount off retail and I wouldn't hesitate picking them up.  Great minifigs like others have said and that's where the value lies.  Seems like a lot of them  have been flipped lately for $100 or more on Ebay, so that's evidence of decent demand.

I had planned to pick one up today, but instead I got another Helms Deep for $105.

My opinion on 9526 is that it's a dinky set with 5 minifigs you can find in several other sets plus an exclusive palpatine. But I don't think you'll lose money if you buy at $60, and that's the price it should've been in the first place, anyway.