9526 - Palpatine's Arrest

mahler24

Shopping today and saw this set reduced to 69 euros( about 90 dollars)

Should i hold off a bit longer or should i nab some at this price? Its the only time ive see it cheaper than retail..including online. help.....

that is a decent price but dont feel rushed into buying it, it is newish set so you will have plenty of time to pick one up, i say if you want it go for it, but dont feel like you will never see it again for that price or maybe a little lower.

that is a decent price but dont feel rushed into buying it, it is newish set so you will have plenty of time to pick one up, i say if you want it go for it, but dont feel like you will never see it again for that price or maybe a little lower.

Agreed, I was at TRU today and there were many boxes of this set just sitting there collecting dust. It reminds me of the Home One set. It went on sale a bunch of times before TRU finally sold out of them. If I remember correctly even Lego Shop at Home had to discount these to get rid of them.

• 1 month later...

I also saw these at toys r us today for retail and i was really tempted.......i have a feeling about this set but im wondering if i should wait for a sale?? this is only the second time ive seen them in the flesh and on amazon they are always way above retail.......what should i do? Retail or hold out?

I also saw these at toys r us today for retail and i was really tempted.......i have a feeling about this set but im wondering if i should wait for a sale?? this is only the second time ive seen them in the flesh and on amazon they are always way above retail.......what should i do? Retail or hold out?

i am holding out. my TRU has had them for quite some time and nobody is even sniffing at them. i compare this set to another TRU "exclusive", the Home One Calimari, of which I bought 3 for $75 each (using the buy 2 get 1 free deal) when they were released. I haven't sold any yet, but luckily I got them at a discount because when I do sell them I will be hopeful that I break even on them. I bought that set because of the "exclusive" figs, thinking it would do well a few years down the road, but it just hasn't happened. if you do decide to purchase some, wait for a deal. TRU usually runs their buy 2 get 1 deal around easter time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up. TRU is having a special "$15 off LEGO purchase of $75 or more". This IS STACKING with the 30% off Presidents Weekend Sale for 9526 Palpatines Arrest which is $76 and some change and bringing the total down to $61.99. Not the greatest deal but the cheapest I've seen on this set. Now the bad news. This sales is only stacking on Friday and Saturday. Get it while you can.

I can argue either way for this set. It seems to get no love, and maybe for good reason, not to mention its over priced. Then again it has 6 jedi/sith minifigs, 5 of which are new, and it is a TRU exclusive. I agree it has a Home one feel, but the theme is much better and so are the minifigs. At 62 plus tax, I think its worth a gamble to pick up a few...