9526 - Palpatine's Arrest

mahler24

One thing I hate about this set is that if the minifigures and description were removed, I wouldn't know what the set is supposed to represent (I've seen Revenge of the Sith three times).

You wouldn't? Interesting.... There were several key scenes in Palpatine's office in Episodes 1, 2 and 3, not to mention many Clone Wars episodes.

why?

Because that's less people that will be hoarding it, making it more rare. This could work to one's advantage.

Thats the theory anyway. More risk but with Lego investing getting more and more popular taking more risks might lead to greater rewards

The question that remains is will people care enough about the set to want it after EOL? It doesn't matter that there are few of them if no one wants them. This seems to be the case with the Home One, so we will see. I'd like one to build, as this is my favorite scene in the prequel trilogy, but I'm hesitant to buy any for investing now.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice stephen_rockefeller.  Resale prices hasn't been amazing either and my once big closet is now getting FULL so maybe i should lay off on this set.  I have 5 so that should be enough already.  Wife would not look too kindly if I out grew the Lego storage closet without showing decent $ returns haha. 

sadowski, yeah the battle damaged Anakin is the best minifig of the set and I like the med droid too.  I don't like to part out sets but the minifigs alone could fetch $30 maybe.  I did pick up 5 sets and was wondering if the price $47 CAN (plus taxes) is good enough to pick up more.  Decision, decisions...  

I guess if you are looking at pure resell I would skip it.  I personally wouldn't mind selling the minifigures and paying 17 or so for a sweet ship model that I would want to keep. 

Really? my opinion is the ship model doesn't look nice at all lol.  Like something from the good ol 80's :)  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.  But I'll give more thought to selling the minifig separately.  

this is one of the sets that could have increased potential with the new 2014 disney channel cartoon. it's timeline is between movies 3 and 4.

yeah, it will be cool to see if SW really ramps up again when we start seeing ads for the new movies.  Holding on to 30+ SW battle packs + 25-30 sets so hope to see more demand in a couple yrs.   

I already sold all of mine and wish I had more.  It is retired now and will start to dry up shortly.  I don't know what the retail is in CAD so I can't tell if it is much of a discount off of retail.  Me personally would get it but I like to buy up everything. :drool: 

Retail CAN is/was actually $79.99...so about 40% off at $47.  Anything below US prices is considered good deals for some of us north of the boarder haha.  

Really? my opinion is the ship model doesn't look nice at all lol.  Like something from the good ol 80's :)  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.  But I'll give more thought to selling the minifig separately.  

yeah, it will be cool to see if SW really ramps up again when we start seeing ads for the new movies.  Holding on to 30+ SW battle packs + 25-30 sets so hope to see more demand in a couple yrs.   

Lol, I'm from the 80's.  To me it reminds me of the Tie Fighter PC game and EU which always draws my attention to SW Lego.  I also like the medical droid because it was the first incarnation of one like 2-1B from Hoth.