9526 - Palpatine's Arrest

mahler24

ended up buying 2 more sets that were left, I guess other people got wind and swallowed up most of the retail stock...when I bought my first 5 there were over 99 sets left.  used a different promo code so price came down by $2 per unit to $45 each CAN - decent.  So 7 sets in total which is good enough, hope price/demand shoots up eventually. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have wondered that as well, I think a few things. No jedi's. Recognizable characters, but no "stars" (although I bought this originally just for an Ackbar figure for 'it's a trap' jokes.) Kind of a weird play structure. Is it a ship? A hanger? It is pieces of both and sort of hard to recognize. That being said, it is starting to creep back up a bit looking at sold listings. It is a great case study for why you do fixed listings for some things vs. auctions. The auctions are ending around $60-70, and fixed listings are selling for $98 with free shipping. So there is some demand there.

The new movie doesn't have to tie directly into anything to create more interest...sure it helps if it is in the new movie but any star wars movie creates more interest for anything Star Wars.

Agreed, it would just be cool if there was that chance somehow. I think it makes sense that if somehow the B-Wing is included in episode 7, it would get a boost, etc, which this set might not have the chance to do. But concur that Star Wars VII will just help the whole line period.

I personally love this set, but can see why it wouldn't catch on with most. The exclusive figures have little name recognition and aren't even cult figures like bounty hunters or anything. Even poor Lando is not much in demand, even though in some ways he's the most complex of all the characters. The A-wing is exclusive in colour only, and now there is a stand alone version. Location sets are rather rare for Star Wars but this location is not that recognizable or significant. Notwithstanding all this, it is a fun set, and has a lot of interactive features to it. I love spinning the A-wing an Ackbar around and this set gave me my first Lando figure. I would be willing to buy more hangars to expand the size of the set and give me somewhere to park my other rebel fighter ships.

I would only buy this set at a massive discount (60% off) personally. That won`t happen up here. It is not a very attractive set even with the mini figures, and I would hate to be stuck with any. I`m sure you could get some value for it, but IMHO money is better spent elsewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I`d grab maybe 1-2. Just for the mini figures. You should be able to make something off of those later on. Wouldn`t do more then that though. Most people including myself regard this one like the Mon Calamari set, in that it will also be a dud. Basically, buy to part out & figures, not to necessarily keep as a set.  

From the TRU main page, click on "Weekly Ad", then on "Flip Through Local Ads" on the next page, then click on the ad that says "1 Day Only!".  Sorry - I don't know how to post a link.  I'm an unfrozen caveman AFOL, and your technology frightens me.   

• Like 4

From the TRU main page, click on "Weekly Ad", then on "Flip Through Local Ads" on the next page, then click on the ad that says "1 Day Only!".  Sorry - I don't know how to post a link.  I'm an unfrozen caveman AFOL, and your technology frightens me.   

Your "unfrozen caveman AFOL" comment is one of the reasons I haven't quit the Internet.

TRU Palpatine's Arrest $59.99 ad for 11/6/13 - Link