9526 - Palpatine's Arrest

mahler24

Agreed.   This wasn't even on my radar until it went to 50% off, and even then I only bought 2.  Not a huge disappointment if I don't end up getting them, and I still got the free MM from the order.

I'm in the same boat, naf.  I actually think they will ship because they haven't been cancelled.  The two Big Zoos I ordered that were subsequently cancelled were cancelled relatively quickly after the order.  I've had the "back ordered" label on my order status for a while now for the PAs.

• 1 month later...

I want to buy two of these, one to hold and one to display.  I can get a complete used one without the box for $68, should I buy or would I be better off just buying two new at $74?  Or are these prices too high to buy at and should I wait on it?  Just curious since I haven't seen these in stores by me and I feel they are pretty much done.

The TRUs around me still have them in decent numbers, and I don't think they have sold very well overall. I could be wrong. I'm interested in one for myself and plan on just waiting for another sale before I buy it. They do seem to be an older set though. If you are really worried about missing out, buy one and just hold onto it. If a sale comes along and you can get another, then your good. If not at least you have one for yourself. I just have the feeling they will get cheaper still.

• Like 1

I don't have any TRU within an hour of me so guess that's why I haven't seen them.  I'll take a trip to one in a few weeks.  The figures are the main reason for my interest as well.  But a set of them costs pretty much the same as the retail value so figured might as well get the bricks with it and part them out if I don't like the way it looks.  Saw that nobody had it around here and it was a 2012 set so I guess I panicked a bit haha thanks for the heads up on TRU, I'll hold off for the moment at least.

I don't have any TRU within an hour of me so guess that's why I haven't seen them.  I'll take a trip to one in a few weeks.  The figures are the main reason for my interest as well.  But a set of them costs pretty much the same as the retail value so figured might as well get the bricks with it and part them out if I don't like the way it looks.  Saw that nobody had it around here and it was a 2012 set so I guess I panicked a bit haha thanks for the heads up on TRU, I'll hold off for the moment at least.

Yea, that'll do it. I think it was/is a TRU exclusive set. They were MSRP of 109.99 forever and they just had a deal on them for $70+. I think they're trying to get rid of them. It's not much of a set. Like you, I wanted it more for the minifigs. Some are in other sets I want, so I figure I'll wait til it drops more. In the mean time I'll get the others in other sets. You may want to look at that option too. You may not need to get the whole line up in on go after all.

Yea, that'll do it. I think it was/is a TRU exclusive set. They were MSRP of 109.99 forever and they just had a deal on them for $70+. I think they're trying to get rid of them. It's not much of a set. Like you, I wanted it more for the minifigs. Some are in other sets I want, so I figure I'll wait til it drops more. In the mean time I'll get the others in other sets. You may want to look at that option too. You may not need to get the whole line up in on go after all.

The normal TRU price may have been $109.99, but the actual retail on this set was $89.99.

Unfortunately, LS@**** had a blowout on these a few months back for $44.98 each.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The 20% off clearance item made this a buy for me, but i only found one. I think there's enough (i think they are) unique figures to generate interest. Buying them at 20% off of 15% off retail makes it a low risk play. 

not sure i'd go crazy on them, but if you can combine those discounts with teh TRU CC today i'd snag a few.