9526 - Palpatine's Arrest

mahler24

I went to my local TRU with the intent of buying a set. I was amazed to see twenty sets on the shelves. I passed. I've. Ver seen more than five of any set, but to see twenty of such a large set made it clear just how unloved the set was. They probably should have stocked a bunch in the back --unless there are even more in the back! I ultimately went with two y wings for $70.00.

I went to my local TRU with the intent of buying a set. I was amazed to see twenty sets on the shelves. I passed. I've. Ver seen more than five of any set, but to see twenty of such a large set made it clear just how unloved the set was. They probably should have stocked a bunch in the back --unless there are even more in the back! I ultimately went with two y wings for $70.00.

2 Y wings is the much better buy @ 70$. Thats a great deal especially considering its from tru!

I think the reason there are so many of these sets is that: 1) it's priced too high even on sale 2) all the investors that took a bath on the Home One are staying away from it. I bought one to build and its a pretty cool set. I like making Mace Windu fly out the window. I was getting ready to build Chancellor Palpatine and my 4 year old said " DO IT " just like the Emperor says to Anakin when he is going to decapitate Dooku. I think my kid is a Sith Lord.

I don't think it is another Calamari - The 9526 is a nice set, with many cool exclusive minifigs. The Calamari set was (I think) 109.99 msrp (way too high) had Ackbar, Lando, plus a bunch of others (people that you wouldn't recognize), & then they released Ackbar in a magnet set (which ended up on clearance) - so that just left Lando. Plus, I believe that Lego way overproduced the Calamari set, and won't allow the same thing to happen with this one. I actually think that this one could be an under the radar winner.

• 1 month later...

Pretty good deal. The My Store flyer shows it's on sale from April 19th to 25th. Reg price $119.99, discount = $71.87 before taxes. Not an amazing set but with 6 minifigs and 40% off it's not a risky gamble at all, especially for our CAN prices. I picked up 4 sets online. Lego City Mining Truck is also 40% off at $29.87, but still seems expensive so I didn't buy. Same with The Hobbit - The Goblin King $30 off at $99.87. Lastly, not Lego but this STAR WARS - The Vintage Collection - MILLENNIUM FALCON Vehicle is $149.87, Reg price is $269.99.

Palpatine's Arrest seems to fly under the radar on this forum, I noticed there is almost never any discussion of it. So what is the general consensus on this set? It looks pretty expensive for what it is, but it is an exclusive set and it's probably my favorite scene from the prequel trilogy. Will this set do well after retirement?

Not sure why this set is often compared to 7754 Home One Mon Calamari . While 9526 is from the prequels, it is the scene where Skywalker turns evil by becoming "Darth Vader" (yeah, i know... no helmet yet) and the Jedi's downfall begins. It is also pretty cool set (layout and minifigs).

Yeah it's flying under the radar and it's not a set that seems to be available at a lot of stores (at least over here). I find it's an iconic scene so I got one for myself. I see it rather like a cloud city set (although I doubt it'll go that high in prices, ever) and its got a lot of figs...