What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
I'm sitting on a few of the 75917s on AMZ.  Another set that would crack $100 in a heartbeat if people weren't satisfied with $94.  It's like they don't realize that people who spend $94 on a retired set from one of the biggest movies ever AND it has dinosaurs will also spend $100.  

They would it for 110-120 right now problem. ...
So many clueless sellers

I am guessing everyone except you are dummies who don't have a plan and don't know what set to buy and sell at what price. Also they are so dumb that they have a pricer with 0,30 difference :) and don't ask how deep and tall these stacks are after probably getting similar sized stacks out of the way.

if i have these stacks remember there are people with seven figures inventory imagine how many they have left to marinate ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, newbie77 said:

I am guessing everyone except you are dummies who don't have a plan and don't know what set to buy and sell at what price. Also they are so dumb that they have a pricer with 0,30 difference :) and don't ask how deep and tall these stacks are after probably getting similar sized stacks out of the way.

if i have these stacks remember there are people with seven figures inventory imagine how many they have left to marinate ;)

Yes, you are correct.  Anyone willing to take 20% less profit for a set is a dummy.  I would use any number of other nouns to describe such a person, but they all get censored.  I don't care if you have 10, 100, 1000, or 10,000, if your plan involves selling stuff for 20% less than what you could sell it for, you're an idiot.

As for using automated repricing tools, I can't think of anything better for my business than racing someone to our lowest limit to sell something that would sell just fine at its current price.  That's genius.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

It's up to the seller what they price their items at, nobody else! People often say that I sell my sets too cheap and that I should get 10%-20% more on eBay. I'd rather shift 100 sets in one go rather than pack and post them all individually. Cash deals also help my accounts. Due to the volume, I still make a lot more profit than most ;-)

Over half of what I bought in November has already been sold and I cleared over 30%  on average.

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's up to the seller what they price their items at, nobody else! People often say that I sell my sets too cheap and that I should get 10%-20% more on eBay. I'd rather shift 100 sets in one go rather than pack and post them all individually. Cash deals also help my accounts. Due to the volume, I still make a lot more profit than most ;-)

Over half of what I bought in November has already been sold and I cleared over 30%  on average.

I understand that.  But selling stuff on eBay is way different than having stuff FBA.  It’s there, you don’t have to touch it.  You just pop a price in and sit back.  

Guest TabbyBoy
25 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

I understand that.  But selling stuff on eBay is way different than having stuff FBA.  It’s there, you don’t have to touch it.  You just pop a price in and sit back.  

I was banned from selling on Amazon a couple of years ago and still not allowed to sell, which is why my online selling options are limited. Don't ask, but it included a lot of counterfeit and stolen items that I bought in good faith at the time, but Amazon didn't see it that way. There'll be other hands-off platforms arriving soon, it's the future.

75015 Jango Tank £40 (£10) went quite deep on these, might sneak higher if no Jango fig in near future

75138 Hoth Attack £25 (£5) not great v rrp, thank god for tesco 75%

42040 Fire Plane £55 (£22) impluse buy from Asda, only got 2

60080 Spaceport £90 (£11) tesco infamous pricing error

Wall-e £77 (£26) no brainer 

75093 DS Duel £75 (£35) only got 3 of these, went deeper on the 75094 shuttles, still holding those

7 hours ago, Loghamel said:

you forgot about additional storage fees which specifically increase around the holiday season. 

amazon doesn't let your park stuff in their warehouse for free. 

coming up with a selling price is multifactorial equation which includes buyin that you can never fully know what your competition buyin was ,  understanding that the sales volume is here now and that you could sell 10x your sales volume if you are able to compete on price, not when your price gets here and that after the holiday season, most overstocked sets on  amazon take a price hit even further than what they are going for now when there is drop in sales volume/demand that won't recover until tax refund season and people need to move inventory so they don't lose profit to storage fees as well as have cash on hand for after holiday clearance. 

86 sellers on raptor rampage - that equals too much price competition.  still the price has risen 20-25% in the last 3 months because of great demand.

106 sellers on 75094 - too much competition to expect any  price increase.  seller count was in the low 90s back in september.

look at juniors police helicopter chase  - a set that was clearanced for $5 back in may  at walmart.com 50% off msrp  - i posted it in daily deals. 

now only 8  7 sellers (dropped as i wrote this)  under the main listing on FBA.   i can't keep them in stock - they sell instantly for buybox which is $29.99.  6x my buyin   with so few sellers of a set that has a high sales rank, then you can set your price and sit back.  not so much with more than 6 dozen or over a hundred sellers with a relatively lower sales rank set.  there you have to compete on price to make a sale.

the price on this set literally rose by $10 while i was editing this  - now only fba seller is $39.88.  time to send some more in.

IMG_0530.thumb.JPG.feeff4816515a66a35ad564f0386268b.JPG

Edited by cladner
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, cladner said:

you forgot about additional storage fees which specifically increase around the holiday season. 

coming up with a selling price is multifactorial equation which includes buyin that you can never fully know what your competition buyin was ,  understanding that the sales volume is here now and that you could sell 10x your sales volume if you are able to compete on price, not when your price gets here and that after the holiday season, most overstocked sets on  amazon take a price hit even further than what they are going for now when there is drop in sales volume/demand that won't recover until tax refund season and people need to move inventory so they don't lose profit to storage fees as well as have cash on hand for after holiday clearance. 

86 sellers on raptor rampage - that equals too much price competition.  still the price has risen 20-25% in the last 3 months because of great demand.

106 sellers on 75094 - too much competition to expect any  price increase.  seller count was in the low 90s back in september.

look at juniors police helicopter chase  - a set that was clearanced for $5 back in may  at walmart.com 50% off msrp  - i posted it in daily deals. 

now only 8  7 sellers (dropped as i wrote this)  under the main listing on FBA.   i can't keep them in stock - they sell instantly for buybox which is $29.99.  6x my buyin   with so few sellers of a set that has a high sales rank, then you can set your price and sit back.  not so much with more than 6 dozen or over a hundred sellers with a relatively lower sales rank set.  there you have to compete on price to make a sale.

the price on this set literally rose by $10 while i was editing this  - now only fba seller is $39.88.  time to send some more in.

IIRC u said they will go for $20, probably;y so after your post today :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, cladner said:

Clearly people who consider things other than final selling price are dummies or unprintably stupid.

Ok, I get it. I stated that I know there are reasons one would sell at a discount.  I can take pictures of my stacks and talk about how many I've sold and how many thousands a day I've done since October.  I could also list half a dozen different sets that I've sold over 100 of at a buy-in of $1 and they've all sold for $30+.  But guess what?  None of that really speaks to what I'm saying.  There's at least 5 sellers I see regularly on the stuff I sell and they are always selling at stupid prices.  Then the flock follows them.

The Rampage set has increased 20-25% because of demand, but in the past 2.5 weeks, it's also wiped out 35% of the bottom feeders.  This set will bounce soon and us idiots that can't figure out why we should sell at a 20% discount will benefit from it.

As to seller count, it's really not that important to me.  I look at sales rank.  Fingerlings have had 100+ sellers for months, some with 200+, but I've made thousands while selling at least twice my buy-in on those.  Also, it's easy enough to figure out how many sets are between you and the genius repricing himself to the bottom.  If it's 100 units and the ranking is in the 50k range, then, yeah, I'll move down.  But, with a set in the  30k range or lower and only 50 units between me and Einstein, I'll hold my price.

By some of these comments, I'm guessing some of you are on my "Hawking List."

Edited by Loghamel

2 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Ok, I get it. I stated that I know there are reasons one would sell at a discount.  I can take pictures of my stacks and talk about how many I've sold and how many thousands a day I've done since October.  I could also list half a dozen different sets that I've sold over 100 of at a buy-in of $1 and they've all sold for $30+.  But guess what?  None of that really speaks to what I'm saying.  There's at least 5 sellers I see regularly on the stuff I sell and they are always selling at stupid prices.  Then the flock follows them.

The Rampage set has increased 20-25% because of demand, but in the past 2.5 weeks, it's also wiped out 35% of the bottom feeders.  This set will bounce soon and us idiots that can't figure out why we should sell at a 20% discount will benefit from it.

As to seller count, it's really not that important to me.  I look at sales rank.  Fingerlings have had 100+ sellers for months, some with 200+, but I've made thousands while selling at least twice my buy-in on those.  Also, it's easy enough to figure out how many sets are between you and the genius repricing himself to the bottom.  If it's 100 units and the ranking is in the 50k range, then, yeah, I'll move down.  But, with a set in the  30k range or lower and only 50 units between me and Einstein, I'll hold my price.

while i agree with your sentiment, i have since learned that sometimes it is better to sell at 10$ less and use the proceeds to make 50$ more on another item than  to wait and recoup $20 on the original item . it is really a complicated scenario and no answer is totally right or wrong. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Are you typically the last standing seller on an item? If not, wouldn't the guy $10 in price higher than you be putting you on his Hawking List?

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

IIRC u said they will go for $20, probably;y so after your post today :P

That's one thing to consider.  I do post some sales in here, but it's usually after I sell out, or the price has risen considerably since my sale.  I'm sure it wakes up some folks to some of the things that are selling well, or for a good price, but it also may be viewed as shooting some in the foot.  I usually only post other stuff if it's rising fast or if the seller count is low.  There is some correlation there...

21 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

That's one thing to consider.  I do post some sales in here, but it's usually after I sell out, or the price has risen considerably since my sale.  I'm sure it wakes up some folks to some of the things that are selling well, or for a good price, but it also may be viewed as shooting some in the foot.  I usually only post other stuff if it's rising fast or if the seller count is low.  There is some correlation there...

I learned that lesson with the gingerbread house.  It was at around $200 when I mentioned it, then it dropped to 150 within the week and now it's down to 70-80 on eBay. 

• Like 1