What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
12 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Wow that's what how low I have to go to get rid of my flash speeders. A rookie mistake buy in my first months of investing.

Same here pal. Luckily I only bought 3 of em at £15. Glad to be rid of the last one.

Nutcracker and Gingerbread Man for £25 cash

Guest TabbyBoy

1x 10218 Pet Shop for £125 cash (£94.99)

1x 10197 Fire Brigade for £250 cash (£89.99)

1x 75095 UCS TIE Fighter for £150 cash (£74.99 Smyths instore pricing error)

3x 75015 MF for £200 cash (£30.00 from Tesco instore)

100x Parrot polybags for £50 cash (£0 from WH Smith buddy)

Guest TabbyBoy

Not a set, but a pallet (500x) of double-walled boxes 510x405x125mm for £500 cash - perfect for Spaceports, Fire Stations, Police Stations and Volcano Explorers. These were given to me by a buddy (the one that stores my LEGO pallets), but it pushes the Spaceports over the 2KG 2nd Class postage limit. Yes, we'll split the profit - I ain't that tight! He had them made to the wrong size (ACS's fault) so he didn't pay for them. I've kept 100x aside in case I see some very cheap large CITY sets on sale.

10x 4439 Heavy Lift Helicopters for £300 cash (£6.99 each from Asda instore 3 years ago)

Edited by TabbyBoy
The cat typed this, not me ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy

1x 41999 Limited Edition Crawler for, wait for it.......... £419.99 cash! Yes, I gave the 1p change back!

Of course, I needed to throw in a big freebie to get this cash price so another Pet Shop bites the dust!

I have a few more 41999s left and plan to offload a big turkey with each one ;-)

I really miss those Limited Editions that we just don't see anymore. LEGO missed a trick this year and should've released 40,000 copies of a truly special Technic set to commemorate the 40th anniversary. Instead they included a stupid useless brick and cheapskate instructions to build a totally different car chassis from the parts of 3 turkeys! LEGO... get your heads out of your arses!

Guest TabbyBoy

1x VIP polybag for £15 cash

1x VW Camper polybag for £15 cash

1x Mini polybag for £8 cash

1x London Bus promo for £10 cash

1x Snow Globe for £20 cash

1x Batmobile polybag for £5 cash

1x Nutcracker promo for £20 cash

50x Duplo baseplates for £100 cash

800x Yellow 4x2 plates for £25 cash

Haven't posted up here in ages. 

Been selling a bunch of different sets recently, but as I'm sure many are aware, Jurassic World is pretty hot right now. Moved a few I-Rex's at $250+shipping, and moving the Raptor Rampages at $90. Healthy buy-ins on these and you're comfortably hitting 100% ROI. I believe I'm sitting at 92% averaged ROI for the theme (after fees, shipping deductions etc), which is stand-out for me for a 1 year hold. All sets purchased Black Friday weekend 2016. Bumped my last I-Rex to $295 and it has quite a bit of activity on the listing. All CAD currency, prices before [buyer paid] shipping costs. 

Edited by Zelgazra
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Haven't posted up here in ages. 

Been selling a bunch of different sets recently, but as I'm sure many are aware, Jurassic World is pretty hot right now. Moved a few I-Rex's at $250+shipping, and moving the Raptor Rampages at $90. Healthy buy-ins on these and you're comfortably hitting 100% ROI. I believe I'm sitting at 92% averaged ROI for the theme (after fees, shipping deductions etc), which is stand-out for me for a 1 year hold. All sets purchased Black Friday weekend 2016. Bumped my last I-Rex to $295 and it has quite a bit of activity on the listing. All CAD currency, prices before [buyer paid] shipping costs. 

I'm sitting on a few of the 75917s on AMZ.  Another set that would crack $100 in a heartbeat if people weren't satisfied with $94.  It's like they don't realize that people who spend $94 on a retired set from one of the biggest movies ever AND it has dinosaurs will also spend $100.