What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...
19 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Too much other crap to sell. Spaceports can wait.

yes much better for us all to wait and sell at the same time at the same price.  what kind of market would that be?  besides you can still find spaceport's on the shelf at legendary mom and pop pharmacy, right?  next to the shelf full of 10667's i'm guessing.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

yes much better for us all to wait and sell at the same time at the same price.  what kind of market would that be?  besides you can still find spaceport's on the shelf at legendary mom and pop pharmacy, right?  next to the shelf full of 10667's i'm guessing.

My TRU still has Spaceports.
  • Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

My TRU still has Spaceports.

Good price? If so, buy them all now! They are now doing very well in the UK, especially after the bargains of last year.

my buy in on spaceports was $19. I consider $140 a good deal for myself, the $40 or so ones will do just fine for a 6 month or so hold. it isn't just the profit, it is CAGR baby

also selling the fishing boats for $220 previously mentioned (sub $60 buy in), but was waiting to sell through before mentioning anything. I also consider this a good deal. I have plenty of other sets that need some time to marinate before they get mailed off

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

1x 76023 tumbling-in-value Tumbler for £125 cash - £125 profit as used VIP points to buy, my worst "purchase" ever!

1x 21020 Trevi Fountain (built and dismantled) for £50 cash.

1x  Salisbury Cathedral MOC (I got 3rd place in a competition back in 1996) for £200 cash. Supplied in pieces with crude instructions made in Visio.

60124 Volcano Exploration Bases for £40 each cash.

60014 Coast Guard Patrols for £45 each cash.

UNBOXED 41106 Tour Buses for £20 each cash (boxes too bad to sell on eBay).

1x 21304 Doctor Who for £75 cash (I don't believe it either!).

Edited by TabbyBoy

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

UNBOXED 41106 Tour Buses for £20 each cash (boxes too bad to sell on eBay).

These have been a pain in the arse. Box is so long that I've been having to ship them in the huge 60/45/15 Lil boxes. Got £36 each on BL though so shouldn't complain. I know we all got these at £8 but they were massively available at £30 and under, so I'm surprised by their recovery.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Rog said:

These have been a pain in the arse. Box is so long that I've been having to ship them in the huge 60/45/15 Lil boxes. Got £36 each on BL though so shouldn't complain. I know we all got these at £8 but they were massively available at £30 and under, so I'm surprised by their recovery.

I had 50x custom 500x300x100mm boxes made up by ACS Direct and got the price down to 75p a box inc. VAT when I called them. Another box size that is VERY difficult to find is 500x400x100mm which is useful for various medium/large CITY sets like Volcanoes and Spaceports. Lil's quality has been lacking (eg. folds not lining up properly) and I now use ACS Direct for custom boxes and Staples for off-the-peg "Pressel" boxes, which are the best quality single-wall boxes I've ever used.

Yes, the 41106 has woken up a bit and I'm holding onto my perfect ones which are still in LEGO factory boxes for a little longer as RRP shouldn't be too far away now.

The problem when using a box that's too big is not only the extra packing materials, but also the extra postage cost if it slips over 2KG. I have to be very careful with my Spaceports and I manage to get them at 1.99KG when fully packed and labelled so that they go Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For.

Oh... If you wish to keep using Lil, the do this size also:

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 16.51.20.png

Edited by TabbyBoy

^ if selling on ebay I use UPS one day via ebay shutl service. Full insured (rm 2nd is only £50 max) and will show as get it fast. Guess it depends on nearest ups drop-off, mine is closer than post office. Getting £90 on spaceports and £50+ on friends bus

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, roxio said:

^ if selling on ebay I use UPS one day via ebay shutl service. Full insured (rm 2nd is only £50 max) and will show as get it fast. Guess it depends on nearest ups drop-off, mine is closer than post office. Getting £90 on spaceports and £50+ on friends bus

My UPS drop-off is 7 miles away and I have to queue 30min to cross the M4 before getting there. Anyway, how much does it cost to send a <2KG small parcel with £50 cover using UPS?

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

My UPS drop-off is 7 miles away and I have to queue 30min to cross the M4 before getting there. Anyway, how much does it cost to send a <2KG small parcel with £50 cover using UPS?

I dropped off one today insured to £90, 1.8kg, £5.96, ups one-day service

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, roxio said:

I dropped off one today insured to £90, 1.8kg, £5.96, ups one-day service

Not bad, thanks. I'll take a look when I have a lot of larger sets to sell. I'm pretty happy with Collect+ and it's a 5min walk away ;-) Parcelforce has priced themselves out of the eBay market I think.

I can't always commit to "Get it fast" as I'm not always around to post the same day or the next morning hence, my 2-day leadtime. However, 90% of my stuff is posted the next morning or even the same day as my last post office collection is at 17:15.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, republicbricks said:

Instagram is where I do all my selling. I run these live auctions on there which attract hundreds of viewers. All payments are through paypal and there are no fees. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up.

Any social/business media is worth a try, I've got some sales from LinkedIn!

17 minutes ago, republicbricks said:

Instagram is where I do all my selling. I run these live auctions on there which attract hundreds of viewers. All payments are through paypal and there are no fees. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up.

What have you sold on Instagram and for how much?

16 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I had 50x custom 500x300x100mm boxes made up by ACS Direct and got the price down to 75p a box inc. VAT when I called them. Another box size that is VERY difficult to find is 500x400x100mm which is useful for various medium/large CITY sets like Volcanoes and Spaceports. Lil's quality has been lacking (eg. folds not lining up properly) and I now use ACS Direct for custom boxes and Staples for off-the-peg "Pressel" boxes, which are the best quality single-wall boxes I've ever used.

Cheers for the info, I'll check them out next time theres a Tesco price glitch and I get a load of big sets to sell. I mainly do parting out so don't really keep a large variety of larger boxes in stock.

Still holding onto the 41101 Grand Hotels, places selling out now!

EBay  $195 + shipping - Used lot 40+ lbs of mixed Lego in good shape from 3 different recent local buys. Mostly built/partially City sets/vehicles. Some partly built SW ships among other themes too. I'd say fewer than 20 figures and a bunch of instructions.  Picked out a bunch of small keeper sets/items. 

The sale pays for the 3 local buys and I got some nice goodies for my efforts. A nice complete with box 21103 DeLorean  as one example..

• Like 1

In the past week the winter sets have been flying.

24 in 1 Promo - $20

3 Nutcrackers - $30 each

4 Snowhut Ornaments $15 each (2.00 buy in during summer sale)

1 Snow Globe $30 (promo from last year)

2 Christmas Train Ride 40262 $25 each ( $7 buy in)

1 Goonies Level Pack $20 ($1 buy in Thanks walmart clearance!)

All local cash sales from FB Marketplace or Offerup. I'm just a small fish just trying to make a little extra to buy sets for my own collection.

• Like 3