What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, roxio said:

recent sales

hulkbuster £50 (£16)

75112 GG £33(£16)

Cantina £95 (£35)

60080 Spaceport £90 (£11.33)

Those Tesco Spaceports were a great pricing error! Hmm... I forgot I had a bunch of GGs (£11 each) so I may as well get rid of them before the prequels are long forgotten. The Friends Tour Buses for £8 a pop were good too!

33 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'll sell you some, you in?

I think you do still have some PM's to reply to for people interested in your stuff. ;)

none for me thanks, got about 6 sets to sell!
Yes, I do have about a billion PM's to get back with. Thanks to the brickpickers for picking my bones!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cory730 said:

Anyone notice Hulkbuster Smash is now just fake copies on Amazon. It was ranked under 10k and selling for around $70. 

The main listing is not appearing in search results. It's here: https://www.amazon.com/LEGO®-Super-Heroes-Buster-Smash/dp/B00NHQFILA

The alternate listings aren't necessarily fake.

I've noticed many listings that have become unsearchable on Amazon in the past couple months. Maybe someone (or a group) is causing this on purpose so that their alternate listings get bumped to the top in search results.

15 hours ago, Jackson said:

The main listing is not appearing in search results. It's here: https://www.amazon.com/LEGO00ae.png-Super-Heroes-Buster-Smash/dp/B00NHQFILA

The alternate listings aren't necessarily fake.

I've noticed many listings that have become unsearchable on Amazon in the past couple months. Maybe someone (or a group) is causing this on purpose so that their alternate listings get bumped to the top in search results.

Interesting, I could not find Lego Ecto-1 21108 just yesterday and was thoroughly confused.

Only results were light sets for augmenting it, and the new Ecto-1A set with the Lady Busters. Weird.

Edited by mudcatsfan

Guest TabbyBoy

10x 60080 Spaceport for £600 cash - £486.70 profit.

10x 41007 Pet Salon for £100 cash - £25 profit. (A total turkey!)

5x 9515 Malevolence for £600 cash - £300.10 profit.

All to same buyer and I also threw in some promos: 2 Snow Globes, 2 VIP polybags, 2 London Buses, 2 Batmobiles & 2 Tears of Batman.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

10x 60080 Spaceport for £600 cash - £486.70 profit.

10x 41007 Pet Salon for £100 cash - £25 profit. (A total turkey!)

5x 9515 Malevolence for £600 cash - £300.10 profit.

All to same buyer and I also threw in some promos: 2 Snow Globes, 2 VIP polybags, 2 London Buses, 2 Batmobiles & 2 Tears of Batman.

See! Those Malevolence worked out OK in the end even if the wait was quite long.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

See! Those Malevolence worked out OK in the end even if the wait was quite long.

LOL - It was the only prequel set I bought apart from 75112 GG. I was thinking about keeping my Pet Shops that long, but clearly, the ship has sailed on modulars.

Golden Dragon for $125, was part of a bulk lot.

2x Sofia the First Castles, $85 each. Shipped to Korea via freight forwarder, apparently.

4x Minecraft Fortresses, $95 each. Buy-in averaged around $34. I'm happy to take my money and run on these.

Mixels Medivals set for $25. Buy-in was $15 + points back.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mizeur said:

Golden Dragon for $125, was part of a bulk lot.

2x Sofia the First Castles, $85 each. Shipped to Korea via freight forwarder, apparently.

4x Minecraft Fortresses, $95 each. Buy-in averaged around $34. I'm happy to take my money and run on these.

Mixels Medivals set for $25. Buy-in was $15 + points back.

Which selling platform for the Fortresses? I'm still nurturing mine (from the Meijer clearance sale in Jan 2017) in the hopes they retire and pull a Mine .....

20 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Which selling platform for the Fortresses? I'm still nurturing mine (from the Meijer clearance sale in Jan 2017) in the hopes they retire and pull a Mine .....

ebay. Similar price on AZ. 

The price only started to recover from the deep summer sales and clearance last month now that the usual brick and mortar suspects are sold out. AZ hasn't cleared their inventory so they're the ceiling on price for the moment. I think there might be some more helium in the set if AZ sells out before LEGO slaps the retiring tag on it. I'd expect the price to crash again until LEGO and a new round of undercutters sell out.

I'm not terribly interested in playing the waiting game for appreciation on this set if I can double my money on it now.

Edited by mizeur
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mizeur said:

ebay. Similar price on AZ. 

The price only started to recover from the deep summer sales and clearance last month now that the usual brick and mortar suspects are sold out. AZ hasn't cleared their inventory so they're the ceiling on price for the moment. I think there might be some more helium in the set if AZ sells out before LEGO slaps the retiring tag on it. I'd expect the price to crash again until LEGO and a new round of undercutters sell out.

I'm not terribly interested in playing the waiting game for appreciation on this set if I can double my money on it now.

Don't know whether you already knew this but this set is now retired in UK so i wouldn't expect you to have to wait much longer. 

I'm finally starting to sell off some of my inventory after keeping them around for so long.  Here's what I've sold in the past couple of weeks.  Prices are paid by buyer prices, not including fees.

10216 Winter Village Bakery - $244 ($60)

10199 Winter Village Toy Shop - $99 ($60)

10229 Winter Village Cottage - $239 ($100)

79108 Lone Ranger Stage Coach - $60 ($21)

8039 Venator Star Destroyer - $400 ($84)

40139 Gingerbread House - $125 (Free!)

10240 UCS X-Wing - $230 ($200)

76023 Tumbler - $230 ($200)

I really thought the X-Wing and Tumbler were going to be big sellers after retirement, but after holding onto them for a couple of years, I thought it was best to cut ties since they were taking up space.  Even though I didn't make too much on those sets specifically, they did allow me to get the holiday freebies and VIP points, so they weren't a total loss.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Don't know whether you already knew this but this set is now retired in UK so i wouldn't expect you to have to wait much longer. 

Yeah. The risk for selling now is, if everything worked out, potentially losing out on tripling (or more) my buy-in instead of double. The risk for holding is that the sequence of events needs to happen in the next 1-3 weeks, otherwise we're starting to talk about months/years.