What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
Nice one. Just noticed that UKQFLL´s are now OOS and min Ebay price is 150 so now might be a good time to sell those Mansions before people forget about them.

Just want to have your insight on this, you suggest some themes tend to fade away rather then appreciate with scarcity even until any kind of ramake is made? Any exemples in the past? (Ie Indiana Jones, Harry Potter and LOTR have seem to all gone upward rather than peak and drop, no?)

Thanks!

Just want to have your insight on this, you suggest some themes tend to fade away rather then appreciate with scarcity even until any kind of ramake is made? Any exemples in the past? (Ie Indiana Jones, Harry Potter and LOTR have seem to all gone upward rather than peak and drop, no?)

Thanks!

That would seem logical to me.

Though I'm fairly new to this, it seems logical that great themes are great themes regardless. And I'm talking about pop culture, movies, TV.

There may be slow times when they slip out of recent memory, but every 5-10 years there's a resurgence. It's great when Lego doesn't get the license. It's still good when they do (the threat being the remake).

Case studies: you've already mentioned

Indiana Jones, Harry Potter and LOTR.

I think the trend would work like this: theme retires, initial bump, matures progressively then plateaus according to the strength of the pop culture/cult following. Resurgence is triggered by a remake, anniversary or news about an icon (typically death of an actor or Creator). Prices jump, stock suddenly appears as everyone starts uploading their stashes which causes the price to level off, but still better than before. If Lego doesn't pick up a new license, NIB becomes even more rare. Price settles much stronger than before, until memory fades and demand isn't high enough to sustain the inflated prices.

That would seem the normal trend of a great, non-continuous theme. Think of the old SW, before Disney bought it and all the cartoons made new sets a seasonal event, rather than a decade event.

That's why I think Idea sets like exosuit crashed and will stay down. There's nothing to generate demand 5-10 years down the road. Only An Idea set enthusiast would want that set to finish their collection. Despite how cool it looks, there's no pop culture/cult following tied to it. That's why I didn't buy any Birds. I can see Lego building more birds in a Creator set in a couple years, 3-in-1.

Same with the maze, cool idea, fun set. But who's gonna google "Lego game like a maze with a ball"? And then want to pay 3x retail?

Scooby doo has a strong cult following that revives every 10 years. There's a movie coming out soon. If Lego doesn't get the license, awesome. If it does, that should still be fine as long as it's short term, 'cause the sets will likely match the movie, not the old TV show. And there are lots of episodes from the show they can glean from. It's not Disney, so there is hope.

Case studies to watch right now:

1) new PotC movie. Do the old sets increase or decrease? How much does success of the new movie play into this? How much does the new sets effect the old?

2) new Angry Birds movie. If this comes out before the new Scooby, does the new movie effect the old sets at all? Not as good as a comparison because Scooby is a 40+ year old franchise compared to the

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forsaker said:

Thanks!

I wouldn´t say it was theme specific. There are sets such as 70010 CHI Lion temple from the turdiest theme in recent times that WERE in demand and got to 4 x RRP, but now no one is buying them.

There are some forgotten unremade themes like Jack Stone, Prince of Persia, Spongebob etc but most of them didn´t perform well at any time.

Minority interest themes such as Bionicle, Hobbit, Monster Fighters, Nexo are also risky investments due to lack of buyers - we can see how even Haunted House plateaued. Those Elves dragons sets may also take a tumble when kids have moved on to the next thing and no longer want to have a full set of baby dragons.

Others such as Lone Ranger are now starting to tick up, or maybe it´s just the other themes that aren´t doing as well. This site has a CAGR per theme section where you can see more.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 2

Flipped the Scuderia F14 & Truck for $102 and an F-150 Raptor for $85.50 shipped.

A freelego.com Fire Dragon's Lava Cave for $28.50 shipped

Queen Dragon Rescue for $50 shipped ($11 buy-in).

2 badly damaged TIE Strikers for $94 shipped ($17 ea. buy-in).

$330 shipped for 1xDilophosaurus Ambush, 2xRaptor Rampage, 2x TRex Tracker, $170 buy-in.

3x21309 for $630 shipped. Price is starting to climb well above that.

• Like 4

I sold the rest of my Dimension packs about two weeks ago. 171 total and they were a combination of Homer, Zane, Wizard of Oz, Gimli, Legolas, Cragger, Gollum, Emmett, and Bad Cop. Selling these packs lately has been super slow and most of these are the bottom of the barrel packs. I was able to sell them all to one guy via CL for $2 a pack. I made $342 total, $155.61 of profit. Glad I was able to get rid of these all at once......and so was my wife.

• Like 6

Flipped the Scuderia F14 & Truck for $102 and an F-150 Raptor for $85.50 shipped.
A freelego.com Fire Dragon's Lava Cave for $28.50 shipped
Queen Dragon Rescue for $50 shipped ($11 buy-in).
2 badly damaged TIE Strikers for $94 shipped ($17 ea. buy-in).
$330 shipped for 1xDilophosaurus Ambush, 2xRaptor Rampage, 2x TRex Tracker, $170 buy-in.
3x21309 for $630 shipped. Price is starting to climb well above that.

Man I gotta ask... Where in the world Are people buying Ford Raptor sets for $85 shipped?!?

UK

Sold my last bundle of Series 9 Mixels. Nice profit makers. 90% ROI after all fees and taxes. Interestingly enough, last two complete sets went to Russian buyers, looks like that's where there's interest in these. Only had one US based sale (others were different European countries, plus one sale to Canada)
  • Like 2

FBA

21118 - Minecraft: The Mine - $160
41028 - Friends: Emma's Lifeguard Post - $20
41052 - Princess: Ariel's Magical Kiss - $59
41178 - Elves: Dragon Sanctuary - $150 (sold 3 in 2 days)
60043 - City: Prisoner Transporter - $70
60050 - City: Train Station - $130
70144 - Chima: Laval Fire Lion - $57
70411 - Pirates: Treasure Island - $54
70707 - Galaxy Squad: CLS-89 Eradicator Mech - $80
70720 - Ninjago: Hover Hunter - $27
70724 - Ninjago: Ninjacopter - $84
70817 - Lego Movie: Batman and Super Angry Kitty Attack - $28
70818 - Lego Movie: Double-decker Couch - $55
70804 - Lego Movie: Ice Cream Machine - $54
75020 - SW: Jabba's Sail Barge - $160
75050 - SW: B-Wing - $100
75052 - SW: Mos Eisley Cantina - $125
75078 - SW: Imperial Troop Transport - $33 (selling like hotcakes)
75081 - SW: T-16 Skyhopper - $50
76010 - SH: Batman The Penguin Face Off - $30
76012 - SH: Batman Riddler Chase - $50
76015 - SH: Doc Ock Truck Heist - $45
76028 - SH: Darkseid Invasion - $74

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

FBA

I was just looking at my inventory of these sets last week and I like these prices considering my buy-in.  Starting to hit my target on most of them, though I will probably hold some for later in the year.  That timeline is always subject to change with the next round of summer clearance.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, exciter1 said:

FBA

21118 - Minecraft: The Mine - $160
41028 - Friends: Emma's Lifeguard Post - $20
41052 - Princess: Ariel's Magical Kiss - $59
41178 - Elves: Dragon Sanctuary - $150 (sold 3 in 2 days)
60043 - City: Prisoner Transporter - $70
70144 - Chima: Laval Fire Lion - $57
70411 - Pirates: Treasure Island - $54
70707 - Galaxy Squad: CLS-89 Eradicator Mech - $80
70720 - Ninjago: Hover Hunter - $27
70724 - Ninjago: Ninjacopter - $84
70817 - Lego Movie: Batman and Super Angry Kitty Attack - $28
70818 - Lego Movie: Double-decker Couch - $55
70804 - Lego Movie: Ice Cream Machine - $54
75020 - SW: Jabba's Sail Barge - $160
75081 - SW: T-16 Skyhopper - $50
76012 - SH: Batman Riddler Chase - $50

You got a like from me for selling Chima AND Galaxy Squad in the same week

• Like 7