What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
On 5/12/2017 at 11:52 PM, donbee said:

End of April slowed some for me, compared from Feb and March, but I also pulled a lot of my loose brick out of my inventory as I've been shifting to selling primarily sealed sets. I also raised the prices on many of my sets as I felt more confident in what I was doing and didn't need to undercut so much to get a sale. But since May started my sales have increased again. At my new higher prices =)

I'm still pretty new to this, been open just over a year now, But certainly having a higher feedback score helps, and I'm seeing more frequent customers buying from me in bulk. It's not clear if my new strategies are working or just my good customer service is driving the sales. Maybe a combo of both. I'm happy though.

Probably both:). Nice job!

• Like 1

Just now, cladner said:

accidentally sold a place lister friends livi's pop star house on amazon i forgot i had listed under FBM for $108.  not bad for a $35 buyin 4 months ago.  had to ship to cali though which ate $17. 

I can buy loads of these here at €50 each, wonder is it worth stocking up on then. 

Pop star houses are moving here at £60/£65 and they are still reasonably easy to get hold of at £35/£40.  Bundle with those cheap pop star tour bus, they’ll do well.  Demand is there.    

Moved my first 76034: Batboat Harbour Pursuit last night at £40 2/3 days after listing.  Buyin was £15 July last year.  Stay away from small DC sets they said.  Only got 8 though.  

• Like 2

On 5/17/2017 at 8:18 AM, Phil B said:

75046 Coruscant Police Gunship has made it past $100 FBA!

Sold 3 @ $100, and my last one at $105. Buy-in was $37 after tax.

That's incredible.  I remember seeing that ship and thinking what an ugly piece of crap it was.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

That's incredible.  I remember seeing that ship and thinking what an ugly piece of crap it was.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.

There's quite some demand on FBA. I had mine sitting at $110 for a while, but FBM listings had the buy-box. Got fed up with the wait, moved them to $99.99 and sold 1 per day for 4 days straight, with the last one for $104.99 (still Buy Box).

12 minutes ago, siddji said:

Sold a fairground mixer (Buy in was $150 net after double VIP) sold for $240 Cash.

Too bad I didn't get enough of these.

With this fairground theme running along smoothly right now with Ferris Wheel and Carousel coming up, I think this could be a real winner when folks think they need the entire line.  It's not as amazing to look at as the latter two, but it is a work of art in its own way with how it all packs up. Hopefully most overlooked it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, siddji said:

Sold a fairground mixer (Buy in was $150 net after double VIP) sold for $240 Cash.

Too bad I didn't get enough of these.

This was a great buy from TRU and Walmart for $90 in December, though they didn't last long.  I picked up mine then.

5 hours ago, feed said:

Sold my last single 99c store Portal 2 dimensions set last night and just about out of dimensions altogether.  
Portal 2 buy in was an average of £4.34 per unit, shipped and taxed into the UK, sold most of them at £17 each.  Had 225.  

I imported just under 400 dimensions all in, SD, JW, Homers and a few fun packs.  Portal 2 was the real winner in both volume and pricing.  

I really should have gone in harder and my gut at the time said go in for more, but the risk at the time was 2 weeks to get them shipped from sunny Texas and 2 weeks to understand pricing and volume.  So I held back. But still my eyes are wide open to the volume game now.   

Thanks to whomever it was who first posted about them.  

Now people, THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE.

• Like 2