What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
5 minutes ago, donbee said:

Somewhere. there's a Reseller cursing at the undercutter keeping the price down at $35. =)

I had them at $50 for almost a year with little success. Also, I'm pretty much the only person regularly selling brand new Lego on the local sites in my area, so the only person I'm undercutting is myself! 

• Like 2

Had a flood in basement and raising some funds. All prices FBA

Brick Bounty - $184 ($50)
Series 3 mixels - $68 ($19)
Knowhere escape - $56 ($19)
Birds $55 ($30) I know, needed funds
mTT - $180 ($80)
Garbage trucks - $38 ($10)

Multiples of all. Could have waited them all out for more, but raising funds

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrymc4677 said:

This was my thought process as well if I decide to do it. I'd use it as a way to move some slow sellers at a decent price for the buyer, while still making a little profit. I'd probably put a few high dollar items in there as well to attract some of the high end collectors in the area. My sale would be strictly LEGO only, so not really a yard sale per se. I'd advertise it as such as well. Advertising on all of the Craig's boards in the surrounding areas, as well as on local Facebook groups a week or two in advance should get the word out and hopefully generate some traffic. I'd also have it the same weekend that my neighborhood has its annual neighborhood sale as well to take advantage of that foot traffic. I think it would be kind of fun. 

If you don't have a lot of slow selling sets, you could also probably get together with a couple of other BrickPickers in the area and do a joint garage sale. That way it could be worthwhile to actually do the garage sale, make it big enough for people to want to come to the sale and advertise that it is a "multiple home Lego garage sale". Just label the sets with different colored price stickers (so each person knows who gets their money), and spend the Saturday hanging with some like minded Lego fans.

We did this in our neighborhood, but with the kids baby clothes. We did not have enough clothes to make the garage sale big enough for people to come, so we partnered with two or three other families. We put up the garage sale on Fri/Saturday, all the kids had a play date and had some family/friend together time while clearing some space and making a few bucks.

Back on topic: I haven't sold anything in a while :pardon:

Edited by Kevink24
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

This was my thought process as well if I decide to do it. I'd use it as a way to move some slow sellers at a decent price for the buyer, while still making a little profit. I'd probably put a few high dollar items in there as well to attract some of the high end collectors in the area. My sale would be strictly LEGO only, so not really a yard sale per se. I'd advertise it as such as well. Advertising on all of the Craig's boards in the surrounding areas, as well as on local Facebook groups a week or two in advance should get the word out and hopefully generate some traffic. I'd also have it the same weekend that my neighborhood has its annual neighborhood sale as well to take advantage of that foot traffic. I think it would be kind of fun. 

Consider the downside of people knowing your home address and that you have high dollar lego sets contained within.

Even if you're a gun owner / have a great security system / etc, I just don't like that info being out there.

• Like 2

Been selling a few things over the last couple weeks...

Fallingwater - 300 shipped
The Maze - 105 shipped (purchased for 45)
R2D2 Poly - 23 shipped (haha suckers)
Pirate Ship Ambush  - 105 Shipped (this set kind of faltered... I did buy them on clearance at 49 at walmart, but I expected more out of it)
Series 13 complete set - basically after all is said and done just got my money back
Mos Eisley Cantina - 104 (another set I suspected more out of, but doubled my money so i'll take it)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

Consider the downside of people knowing your home address and that you have high dollar lego sets contained within.

Even if you're a gun owner / have a great security system / etc, I just don't like that info being out there.

That's a good point. Green Bay isn't "the hood" by any means, but I guess the possibility is out there. I don't actually keep much in my house. Most of my inventory is in storage a few miles away, but anyone who decides to break in wouldn't know that until after it's too late.

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 2

On 5/23/2017 at 11:27 AM, terrymc4677 said:

That's a good point. Green Bay isn't "the hood" by any means, but I guess the possibility is out there. I don't actually keep much in my house. Most of my inventory is in storage a few miles away, but anyone who decides to break in wouldn't know that until after it's too late.

How do you guys get around your home address not being on your postage as a return address?  Do you rent a PO box?

On 5/23/2017 at 9:49 AM, mudcatsfan said:

They'd have to deal with my Pitbull "Lily"

Used 8039 Republic Attack Cruiser for $202 shipped (bought as part of a bulk deal on Craigslist)

New 75021 Republic Gunship for $260 shipped (bought on OfferUp for $100 on Friday)

New Guardians bundle 76019, 76020, 76021 for $169 pickup from local buyer (bought for $60 on various clearance)

All eBay. Not Amazon money but felt good to get some stuff flipped over the holiday weekend.

• Like 1