What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...

Over the last week sold my used Jurassic World sets ($325), 40079/40109 combos x2 ($60), and a City 60014 Coast Guard ($95).  Got most of my money back on the JW sets, obviously pure profit on the freebies, and about a 50% return on the 60014.  Too bad they are bringing CG out again this summer, wanted to give that one a year more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, donbee said:

A few BL sales I don't think i mentioned.
Sold a Tydirium for $100
Villa Savoye $100
HL Private Jet $30
Raptor Rampage $50
Batman Battle pod $40
Disco Batman poly $18
Batwing poly $5.50

Those Batman Battle Pods just keep going up!

• Like 1

This morning I sold a used / complete 4842 Hogwarts Castle for $305/shipped on eBay. I purchased it a couple of weeks ago for $150 off of my local Offerup. I also purchased a used / complete 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge for $150 from the same person. The Hogwarts covers the cost of my initial buy in on this transaction, so whatever I sell the Queen Anne for will be pure gravy. I love finding local deals like these, as few and far between as they are.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, terrymc4677 said:

This morning I sold a used / complete 4842 Hogwarts Castle for $305/shipped on eBay. I purchased it a couple of weeks ago for $150 off of my local Offerup. I also purchased a used / complete 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge for $150 from the same person. The Hogwarts covers the cost of my initial buy in on this transaction, so whatever I sell the Queen Anne for will be pure gravy. I love finding local deals like these, as few and far between as they are.

Damn, I was hoping for a Joker Steamroller sale story.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, donbee said:

Good. Only 8 more to go and mine becomes more viable.
At last I'm no longer the QFLL from FL. Or at least I'm not the only one.

I got it really cheap from a closing KMart, months ago.  It's like the 3rd time it's sold, the first 2 times to people who think I'm Amazon and can ship for free.

Plus after last summer's WM clearances I had waaay too much stock, with only one small walk-in closet (where my clothes also live), I need to keep moving stock. I just try to pay for all my collection sets. 

Edited by TigerEyez
  • Like 2

1x Titanium Dragon $35 shipped ($8 buy-in)

1x damaged box Titanium Dragon $30 shipped ($8 buy-in)

1x used Temple of Light $50 shipped ($10 buy-in)

Another buyer flaked out on a local sale after scheduling pickup earlier this week.

7 minutes ago, donbee said:

Sold my first Lincoln!

I'm officially impressed. Some how my $56.99 listing on BL rose to the top. Was the cheapest available. Buy in was

Less than $17.

I'll start raising the price and releasing my inventory slowly.

congratulations. its all about selection and buying correct set :) lot of people got burnt by villa savoy [ 21014 ] :)

• Like 2

Sold a Tumbler for £250. Buy in was £140 and with eBay £1 FVF will clear £90. Not out of this world but still a 65% return for a little over a year hold. Again all about buy in and minimising costs to maximise your margins. Business school 101.

• Like 3