What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
3 hours ago, teamhappyfrog said:

The level team/packs I have been moving at $10 each a little slower moving, but my buy in was about $2-$4 depending on the source

I had them up on craigslist for $6 to $7 a pack but no one was biting.  I had them up on eBay as well but they weren't selling as quickly at the prices that I had them listed for. When this guy came along and told me how many he wanted to buy at five bucks a pop, I just thought it was too good of a deal to pass up. I don't have a lot of storage space and I could actually use the money right now.  This guy came at the right time. 

Unrelated to Phil B’s FBA selling methods of listing sets slightly below other sellers, I listed the Disco Batman - Tears of Batman polybag on BL .01 cent lower than another seller this week and sold it two days later.  I made just over $13 which is not the biggest profit ever, but I am happy it sold so quickly. :)   Though I missed the peak period for selling it, it is good to see it go and there was no scrambling to find a box to ship something this time!

Curiously the minfigs seem to be selling for more separately than as a set in a new sealed bag.

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 1

Unrelated to Phil B’s FBA selling methods of listing sets slightly below other sellers, I listed the Disco Batman - Tears of Batman polybag on BL .01 cent lower than another seller this week and sold it two days later.  I made just over $13 which is not the biggest profit ever, but I am happy it sold so quickly.    Though I missed the peak period for selling it, it is good to see it go and there was no scrambling to find a box to ship something this time!
Curiously the minfigs seem to be selling for more separately than as a set in a new sealed bag.

Hold it right there with the undercutter accusations! Just sold a Friends Juice Bar at the same price as the lowest FBA listing (I matched this seller's price) even though (s)he had the buy box and 18 to sell ....

BTW ... I'm patiently waiting for disco/ToaB to go back up in price, I'm not selling for anything less than $20 :)
  • Like 2

TLBM Riddler/Joker Copack $45 on BL to Italy $22 buy in. Shipping was another $35 on top.

Btw with my sales over the last couple weeks I have moved me into the black overall by about $200, since starting this adventure last year. Have about $2.5k to $3k worth of sets in stock. There's a slightly less murderous look in my wife's eyes after the news. Jk, she's a good sport about my new obsession. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TigerEyez said:

TLBM Riddler/Joker Copack $45 on BL to Italy $22 buy in. Shipping was another $35 on top.

Btw with my sales over the last couple weeks I have moved me into the black overall by about $200, since starting this adventure last year. Have about $2.5k to $3k worth of sets in stock. There's a slightly less murderous look in my wife's eyes after the news. Jk, she's a good sport about my new obsession. 

Ugh, I just reread this run-on mess, guess it's too late to edit it.

16 hours ago, TigerEyez said:

Btw with my sales over the last couple weeks I have moved me into the black overall by about $200, since starting this adventure last year. Have about $2.5k to $3k worth of sets in stock.

You have 3k of inventory left, the sale of which will all contribute to a positive balance?

12 hours ago, mizeur said:

76022 X-Men vs Sentinel for $39.50, $31 buy-in. I'd hoped Logan might generate more interest in the set but I'm happy to clear the space at a profit.

My son is too young to watch Logan so we decided to build this set.  He actually liked the swoosh-ability of the ship and Wolverine is one of his favorite super heroes now.

Always nice to put some cash back in your pocket, even if the set isn't a winner.

1 hour ago, Scatterbug said:

You have 3k of inventory left, the sale of which will all contribute to a positive balance?

Yes, if I never bought another set and sold everything I currently have, I'd profit like $2.5k to $3k. And I'm super small potatoes compared to most folks on here. 

1 minute ago, TigerEyez said:

Yes, if I never bought another set and sold everything I currently have, I'd profit like $2.5k to $3k. And I'm super small potatoes compared to most folks on here. 

May I ask what your original investment was? In other words, you could make a $3k profit on what purchase amount? Curious as I am getting towards the black as well after about a year of selling .....

38 minutes ago, Phil B said:

May I ask what your original investment was? In other words, you could make a $3k profit on what purchase amount? Curious as I am getting towards the black as well after about a year of selling .....

43 minutes ago, TigerEyez said:

I'm confused, I know happens regularly.

I presume when you say you're into the black, it means you've divested your original investment and that you're now playing with house money. It's just that's not what into the black means (I'm sure there's some mixed metaphors here). Into the black means you've made profit, you don't have to have taken out your seed money to do that. 

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

I'm on the road for work, so I don't have my spreadsheet with me, but it's around $4k spent. 

44 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

I'm confused, I know happens regularly.

I presume when you say you're into the black, it means you've divested your original investment and that you're now playing with house money. It's just that's not what into the black means (I'm sure there's some mixed metaphors here). Into the black means you've made profit, you don't have to have taken out your seed money to do that. 

As far as exact accounting terms go, I don't know. I have spent about $4k to buy sets for resale and I have sold about $4.2k worth of sets after fees and shipping was removed, and I have approximately $3k worth of remaining inventory. If I built every set I have and immediately dumped them in the trash I would have profited $200 on this venture. 

• Like 3

Recent FBA sales:

20x 30205 pop star red carpet poly for $6.90 each, buy in of $.39

10x 10683 Juniors Road Work Truck for $38.50 each, buy in of $13 (thought these would go for more but prices dropped as soon as I sent them into fba and there are a couple sellers that have dozens so glad to take the profit and be done with them).

2 more 75920 Raptor Escape for $159.99 each, buy in of $35

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TigerEyez said:

I'm on the road for work, so I don't have my spreadsheet with me, but it's around $4k spent. 

As far as exact accounting terms go, I don't know. I have spent about $4k to buy sets for resale and I have sold about $4.2k worth of sets after fees and shipping was removed, and I have approximately $3k worth of remaining inventory. If I built every set I have and immediately dumped them in the trash I would have profited $200 on this venture. 

Not prying but this reads as if you've made 4.2k on sets that cost you 1k. Or is your total investment 7k?