What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...

Over the last couple of days sold the following on fba:

30x 30522 Batman in the phantom zone for $9.18 each, buy in of $1.19 each

1x 41171 Emily Jones and the baby wind dragon for $24.99, buy in of $5

2x 31041 construction vehicle for $14.99 each, buy in of $3.50

• Like 4

This made my day.......... The asking price was $110 and they offered $90 so my counter offer was $102.50 plus shipping. My message that accompanied the counter offer was........... " Fair price.......=) Thanx "  Below was the response........... :thumbsu:

eBay7?euid=7cb7e112003a4334b0be5b0af19dc881&

New message to: celeste

Heheheheheheee......... No worries. Thank you for the purchase. I hope he or she enjoys the LEGO and if you're ever looking for anything else just let me know. Happy building.......... =)

Celeste

Yes! Fair price! I'm teaching my 10 yr old how to bid LOL

Thanks for the smiles ?

Celeste

New message from: Celeste

I read your note to him... he was so happy! 

Will do! 

Thanks! ☺️
  • Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

The last week:

1x mint 10225 R2-D2 for £200 cash... £100 profit (OMG, this superb set is falling like a stone in value, back to RRP next year?)

1x mint 10221 SSD for £600 cash... £331 profit (£100 less than my last cash sale)

10x 60080 Spaceports for £300 cash... £187 profit (Thanks to Tesco mis-price during 3-for-2)

10x 40252 mini VW Beetle for £175 cash... £75 profit (I'll get more after 04APR)

23 minutes ago, asharerin said:

No it is the poor sellers on the other platforms who are getting ripped :)

Poor me and my 3x 41178 Dragon Sanctuary's that sold on eBay for 15% more than current FBA pricing... w/ 8% back in eBay bucks.

EDIT:  Sigh.  Yes, still bitter to be gated from FBA... I'd buy someone's account if I could.

Edited by carini26
  • Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Sold my last 60022 Cargo Terminal for $180.  Buy in on mine were all around $70 as I never saw this reach 50% off around here.

I was daft enough to sell mine at cost (big discount) to a fellow BP member. I won't make the same mistake again with my >50% off 60104 airports ;-)

Update on Dimension Packs that I bought 2 weeks ago as most is taken care of and I have slowed down on pushing inventory back out the door.

Total Purchase Price was $300 on the head w/ tax which included the following (I think i got it all down there)

A. (3) Star Wars StarScavengers $20 each
B. (5) PS4 Starter Kits $20 each
C. Packs for Marty McFly (2), Dr. Who (5), J. World (4), Scooby Doo (5), M:I (4), Ghostbusters (2), Joker and Harley (3) each sold for $5 each.

Cash coming back in consisted of the following:

1. Total Gross Revenue - $268
2. Total Returned to Store - $60 (3 PS4 starter kits) - I just didn't want to hang onto them anymore after selling 2 bundles)
3. Total Inventory on hand still...all the SW sets and 9 Packs = $105 cost

So overall, the $300 has become $328 with $105 of inventory remaining.  I'm happy with that!  I know it's not the 100% ROI that many of you shoot for, but I consider this as Free Lego (after some work) now and believe in the end I should be able to turn that $300 into about $450-$500 after everything is out the door unless I keep some for gifts.

Original Post: 

Edited by LegoMan1212
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, carini26 said:

Poor me and my 3x 41178 Dragon Sanctuary's that sold on eBay for 15% more than current FBA pricing... w/ 8% back in eBay bucks.

EDIT:  Sigh.  Yes, still bitter to be gated from FBA... I'd buy someone's account if I could.

$18k is the going price. Big risk considering TLG at anytime could go the way of the NFL and ban selling their brand on Amazon. 

Are you able to partner with someone in your local area (maybe even on this board) who is ungated? It could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

59 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

Update on Dimension Packs that I bought 2 weeks ago as most is taken care of and I have slowed down on pushing inventory back out the door.

Total Purchase Price was $300 on the head w/ tax which included the following (I think i got it all down there)

A. (3) Star Wars StarScavengers $20 each
B. (5) PS4 Starter Kits $20 each
C. Packs for Marty McFly (2), Dr. Who (5), J. World (4), Scooby Doo (5), M:I (4), Ghostbusters (2), Joker and Harley (3) each sold for $5 each.

Cash coming back in consisted of the following:

1. Total Gross Revenue - $268
2. Total Returned to Store - $60 (3 PS4 starter kits) - I just didn't want to hang onto them anymore after selling 2 bundles)
3. Total Inventory on hand still...all the SW sets and 9 Packs = $105 cost

So overall, the $300 has become $328 with $105 of inventory remaining.  I'm happy with that!  I know it's not the 100% ROI that many of you shoot for, but I consider this as Free Lego (after some work) now and believe in the end I should be able to turn that $300 into about $450-$500 after everything is out the door unless I keep some for gifts.

Delete

Edited by Phil B

17 minutes ago, asharerin said:

$18k is the going price. Big risk considering TLG at anytime could go the way of the NFL and ban selling their brand on Amazon. 

Are you able to partner with someone in your local area (maybe even on this board) who is ungated? It could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Going price for what ? Sell the llc ?

This is a good gig if you can find someone. I have done this ... once we established a trusted relationship I have done FBM and sent stuff to FBA for him.

In fact, my geographical location generally has better average shipping rates for FBM.

I don't think either of us made as much as we would by doing it all ourselves, but I've taken risk by buying and holding the product and he's taking risk for being scammed/feedback/returns. Works for me.
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, asharerin said:

Yep you can't sell the account but you can sell the company and the account is one of its assets.

If it was the UK... This is only the case if you buy the company (not the business) via a share sale and not an asset sale. However, Amazon may need to be informed of a change in directors and don't have to agree to current terms if they suspect any risk. Personally, I'd tell Amazon to shove it up their arse as there's other way to sell.