What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
14 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Last couple days on ebay sold a 4429 Helicopter Rescue ($100) and 60026 Town Square for $180.  Slowly but surely, slowly but surely.

4429 has had a nice slow increase, I sold one last month for $90 cash (USD).

Sold my last Minecraft Mine for $167 shipped.

Sold many but this stands out... Hogwarts Castle 4757 $425 shipped

Unfortunately had to sell my "
Taj Mahal 10189
Grand Carousel 10196
VW Beetle 10187
Brand New Haunted House 10228
Sold All 4 for $2200 cash

Wow man. Guess money was needed.
  • Like 1

Sold a Krypto Poly and an Olaf poly for $4.99 each on BL. Woohoo!

Also sold a Zane minifig out of the Dimensions pack for $5.25, and an Emmet disc for $3. I got lucky on that one. Hadnt change the price since the Dimm Miners from the West Coast flooded the market with cheap discs and minifigs.

I've had a pretty decent week. Either people are getting their refunds back and blowing it on overpriced lego sets, or everyone was super inspired by donald trumps speech.

Regardless, sold RE & Gallimimus Trap lot for 164, a Rebel Snowspeeder for 65, the Tears of Batman poly for 19, another At-At for 320 (stock getting thinner on this one), a Villa Savoye for 90, ISD For 292, and a White house that I just picked up for 35 for 79.

Also, since i'm gated from selling Star Wars figures on amazon, I hesitantly decided to step back to the dungeon called ebay, and list a lot of figures I had extras from buying cases of various force awakens waves.  Man, what a serious cluster of laughable offers from dregs that have no concept of the term appreciating collectible.. 

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Also, since i'm gated from selling Star Wars figures on amazon, I hesitantly decided to step back to the dungeon called ebay, and list a lot of figures I had extras from buying cases of various force awakens waves.  Man, what a serious cluster of laughable offers from dregs that have no concept of the term appreciating collectible.. 

The "Automatically decline offers of $x or below" option is your friend.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I've had a pretty decent week. Either people are getting their refunds back and blowing it on overpriced lego sets, or everyone was super inspired by donald trumps speech.

Regardless, sold RE & Gallimimus Trap lot for 164, a Rebel Snowspeeder for 65, the Tears of Batman poly for 19, another At-At for 320 (stock getting thinner on this one), a Villa Savoye for 90, ISD For 292, and a White house that I just picked up for 35 for 79.

If you want a real laugh, put them on Craigslist or a comparable site. "Can you do half of your listed price?" "Can you deliver these to my house?" "This was only $15 on sale at TRU".

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

If you want a real laugh, put them on Craigslist or a comparable site. "Can you do half of your listed price?" "Can you deliver these to my house?" "This was only $15 on sale at TRU".

I put some 10697s on Facebook Marketplace, once, only once.  I only asked $65 or so.  "These were $30 on Black Friday" and an argument commences that I wasn't even a part of, since these folks couldn't buy them anymore, others saying it was fair, etc.  Ended up not selling any there either.  This was after Black Friday 2015.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Phil B said:

The "Automatically decline offers of $x or below" option is your friend.

Yeah, I have turned it on after I responded to the 4th laughable lowball offer, but I thought it would be good to at least hear a few offers, because I figured some would at least be reasonable.  But, that has tuned out to not be the case. 

The entire futile effort has made me realize why I am glad i'm gated behind Amazon.  If I had to return to ebay, i'd be out of trying to resell anything.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

1x 10221 SSD for £450 cash to a BP member. I opened a dented box to build it but, I'm just not going to have the time... or the space! Still over £200 profit so I'm well happy. 2 to go...

Set 850425 was the first set I bought as an investment when it was on sale for around $8. I had no idea what I was doing at the time, and thought I had made a rookie mistake. Boy was I wrong. I've made more money parting out this set than anything else I've purchased. I finally sold my last pieces today: Seven 2x2 tiles for $25 shipped on Brick Owl.

woooo.jpg

• Like 6

Used 8088 ARC-170 for $60. Part of a large lot I bought from a teenager for $200 early last year.  I'm well into the profit after selling off about 75% of it. Mostly large Ninjago sets left: Destiny, Epic, and Garmadon Fortress and then a couple Alien Conquest that I haven't checked for completeness yet. I did have to put about $200 in parts, as almost every set was missing some pieces including some pretty expensive figures, like Skales.

• Like 2

So I just returned this afternoon from a 10 day business trip. When I left I put all my BL inventory in the "stockroom", except a Super Lot of The Ghost & The Phantom that stayed up for some reason.  During the ten days I received 3 shipping quote requests: Canada, Findland, and Washington, after having no previous interest except people trying to get me to sell just the Phantom. Well upon returning today I got the formal quotes out and Canada snatched it up.  I think this is my first quote request that actually got accepted. $200 plus shipping for the pair.  Been a good day.

• Like 6

I sold a YS for $58 on BL that I picked up for $35 a good week before release, hoping to QF like a LL before Christmas. But we know how that ended up... I'm happy to get rid of it. It's going to a happy home, someone who will appreciate it. I still have one more I'll hold on to for the next 6 years I guess.

50 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

EBay: 6860 Batcave NIB $85+ shipping

Congrats.  I sold mine 2 years ago for not much less.  Boy, when I got to not lego investing in 2012, I had high hopes for this set. 

Regardless of the investment aspect, it's still a pretty cool set for kids.

I've got some family in the CA, USA right now and and thinking of asking to bring me back something as an opportunity to get some good deal that's cheaper across the ocean...

Anyone suggest what would be a good investment for UK market to get from USA right now?

Also, anyone know what the deal is with sales tax. I know in some situations, foreign visitors are exempt or can claim back/tax free on purchases - what would apply in this situation? 

EDIT: Thinking of getting 70751 - Temple of Airjitzu that's on sale from SAH $160 ($190). That's an equivalent of £130. Good idea?

Edited by t12ung

2 hours ago, t12ung said:

I've got some family in the CA, USA right now and and thinking of asking to bring me back something as an opportunity to get some good deal that's cheaper across the ocean...

Anyone suggest what would be a good investment for UK market to get from USA right now?

Also, anyone know what the deal is with sales tax. I know in some situations, foreign visitors are exempt or can claim back/tax free on purchases - what would apply in this situation? 

EDIT: Thinking of getting 70751 - Temple of Airjitzu that's on sale from SAH $160 ($190). That's an equivalent of £130. Good idea?

Ideas Birds if they are still around. Mini VW Beetle. I wouldn't bother with the Temple.

Edited by Scatterbug

I would ask them to buy some of these , and this.