What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...

I just went through an emotional rollercoaster of jubilation and disdain. I must be getting jaded.

I just received an order for 39x 40252. Very excited because I had feared I would have to drop my prices to get rid of the batch I just picked up this weekend. Now I regret that I didn't buy more when I had the chance (my wife is going to rub it in because she told me to buy more. In fact she bought more than I did). But that regret was tempered by the reality that I'm going to have to figure out how to pack 39 (or more, gonna try to unload more on this guy) of these into one box, very securely. Packing has become a lot of work. But at least the profit is good. So I tried to focus on that when I received my second order.

A 460 piece order on BL, consisting of 167 unique pieces, for $25...

It's almost pure profit, and I have a box for them. But it will take hours to find all of those pieces. I have the worst inventory system for this kind of order.

I guess the silver lining is that I've been rethinking my "system" and now I have an excuse for an upheaval while I fulfill this order. It's going to be a long week.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, donbee said:

I just went through an emotional rollercoaster of jubilation and disdain. I must be getting jaded.

I just received an order for 39x 40252. Very excited because I had feared I would have to drop my prices to get rid of the batch I just picked up this weekend. Now I regret that I didn't buy more when I had the chance (my wife is going to rub it in because she told me to buy more. In fact she bought more than I did). But that regret was tempered by the reality that I'm going to have to figure out how to pack 39 (or more, gonna try to unload more on this guy) of these into one box, very securely. Packing has become a lot of work. But at least the profit is good. So I tried to focus on that when I received my second order.

A 460 piece order on BL, consisting of 167 unique pieces, for $25...

It's almost pure profit, and I have a box for them. But it will take hours to find all of those pieces. I have the worst inventory system for this kind of order.

I guess the silver lining is that I've been rethinking my "system" and now I have an excuse for an upheaval while I fulfill this order. It's going to be a long week.

Yeah, that is what keeps me from dealing in parts. Mad respect for those that do this.

• Like 1

Couple of recent sales:

BL/BO:

4x Marceline Fun Pack - $14.99 each, buy-in $6.41 after tax during the TRU BOGOF from last month

First ever OfferUp sale:

75903 SD Haunted Lighthouse (box with hole and boxcutter cut on the top) - $55 cash, buy-in $25 after tax. Guy drove 50 miles to meet me. Guess I sold cheap :)

EBay:

1x Stay Puft minifigure - $10.50 including shipping, buy-in $0 (free fun pack with Starter kit at Meijer in December)

POP QUIZ: At $8 shipped on EBay, which one of the three Dimensions Starter Pack figures (Batman, Gandalf, Wyldstyle) do you think sold out the fastest? I had 9 of each .....

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Couple of recent sales:

BL/BO:

4x Marceline Fun Pack - $14.99 each, buy-in $6.41 after tax during the TRU BOGOF from last month

First ever OfferUp sale:

75903 SD Haunted Lighthouse (box with hole and boxcutter cut on the top) - $55 cash, buy-in $25 after tax. Guy drove 50 miles to meet me. Guess I sold cheap :)

EBay:

1x Stay Puft minifigure - $10.50 including shipping, buy-in $0 (free fun pack with Starter kit at Meijer in December)

POP QUIZ: At $8 shipped on EBay, which one of the three Dimensions Starter Pack figures (Batman, Gandalf, Wyldstyle) do you think sold out the fastest? I had 9 of each .....

I would say Batman because of the movie. But because you're asking...counter intuitive... Wyldstyle!

• Like 1

On 2/26/2017 at 10:54 PM, lodibricks said:

What?? What is up w/ that ice cream set? I've done plenty of "why would anyone pay ___much for ___" but this takes the cake (& ice cream).

Shoot, I had one somewhere, might've given it away as a gift. :(

Yea, craziness with this one. Original MSRP was $14.99, and I got them for $10 each from Target.com last year at EOL. I sold another 2 previously for $139.99 each and still have a few left. It was under-produced, overlooked, and has some rare pieces. WINNER WINNER!

• Like 2

On 25/02/2017 at 1:59 AM, feed said:

You may want to move them before the Catamaran is released.  

Good point! I've been trying to sell a NISB 41015 for €100 but am not getting any takers. With that 41317 Catamaran out by Juli/August this year, with a Dutch RRP of probably €79,99, there is an upper limit to how much parents would pay for a Lego Friends boat...

1 hour ago, Haay said:

Good point! I've been trying to sell a NISB 41015 for €100 but am not getting any takers. With that 41317 Catamaran out by Juli/August this year, with a Dutch RRP of probably €79,99, there is an upper limit to how much parents would pay for a Lego Friends boat...

I don't think that the Catamaran is any rival to the Dolphin cruiser ...they both have a totally different appeal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerG said:

I don't think that the Catamaran is any rival to the Dolphin cruiser ...they both have a totally different appeal.

Tell that to the cheap-a$$ Dutch buyers! :P

Retired Lego Friends boat, RRP was €80, now offered for €100 ... vs ... new similar sized Lego Friends boat, RRP is €80, available for less than RRP.

Hmmmmmm, what shall I give my kid for her birthday........

Anyway, back on topic. :) 

Sold a 10697 Creative XXL box for €60 cash. Buy-in was €32,50.

Sold 3 spare Disney minifig (71012) for €4 cash each. Buy-in was €2,73 each.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Haay said:

Tell that to the cheap-a$$ Dutch buyers! :P

Retired Lego Friends boat, RRP was €80, now offered for €100 ... vs ... new similar sized Lego Friends boat, RRP is €80, available for less than RRP.

Hmmmmmm, what shall I give my kid for her birthday........

If that "buying logic" would apply we would all be out of business....

Best example that it doesn't apply are the various friends riding camps, stables etc. You grossly underestimate the power of little girls...and the willingness of their dad's to part with large sums of money to make their princesses share their hobby...

girls_737.png

Edited by TigerG
  • Like 3

As I try to clear out some inventory, made just a few sales over the last week:

67 CMF's - $230

Incomplete 4840/4841/4738(no figures) $120

Unexpected Gathering $100

Took a loss on the figures but I'm out.  They are all gone. HP sets were from bulk CL lot that was $50 total.  AUG was $40 I think from Walmart.  Last one, sad to see them go but man, that line along with LotR was really disappointing.  Just have a couple Black Gates and Pirate Ships left.  Smaug will wait for awhile.

Glad you guys are having luck moving 4429.  I can't even get a look at them @ $100 on ebay.  Did well on them since they were all clearance bought, but thought that was a home run for sure.

10 minutes ago, cladner said:

Amazon FBM in the last week-

Haunted House - $423

Grand Emporium - $337

10x Batman Penguin Faceoffs for $22.89 each - snagged on clearance for $5.  The LEGO Batman Movie lit a fire under the demand for this set.

I hope all goes well with the big sets.  Selling them FBM is a little scary right now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I hope all goes well with the big sets.  Selling them FBM is a little scary right now.

both sets were delivered a few days ago.   i insured the items.  i required a signature.  I purchased shipping through amazon. i waited an extra day after i purchased shipping on amazon to actually ship the item in case i got the my account was hacked email.  so far so good.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cladner said:

both sets were delivered a few days ago.   i insured the items.  i required a signature.  I purchased shipping through amazon. i waited an extra day after i purchased shipping on amazon to actually ship the item in case i got the my account was hacked email.  so far so good.

Yep, you never know, that stuff doesn't appear to save us anymore from A-Z craziness.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yep, you never know, that stuff doesn't appear to save us anymore from A-Z craziness.

Ah, now I know what the F in F by Amazon means. Rhymes with sucked, right?

I guess you make good money on the sales that go through trouble free to lose it on the scams and average prices then come down to Ebay again.

Just now, Val-E said:

Ah, now I know what the F in F by Amazon means. Rhymes with sucked, right?

I guess you make good money on the sales that go through trouble free to lose it on the scams and average prices then come down to Ebay again.

EBay has it's place in Scamville, which brings it down to garage sale prices.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

10228 Haunted House for £290 PayPal only. Existing eBay buyer contacted me for out-of-eBay sale so I was happy to oblige. It's got FA to do with eBay anyway!

LOL - eBay are putting listing fees up beyond the rate of inflation on 30MAR.

Auction: up from 9p to 30p

BIN: up from 26p to 30p

I've also heard that FVF will go up from 10% to 12.5% for lower value items and up to 15% for higher value items. Do any of you know if this is true? I hope so and eBay will then go belly up, where they belong!